What's the meaning behind your screenname?

Yankee4Life

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mine was a nickname i got in middle school that kinda stuck. i knew a kid named ryan in 6th grade and the first thing that popped in my head when i would walk past him would be ryan klesko (then playing for the braves). so i would yell out "kleskoooooooo". and he would be like who the hell is this guy. so we became friends and all of a sudden everyone starting calling me klesko, and it kinda stuck ever since.

• 1 month later...

Mine is a nickname i got from an old boss at an auto parts store i used to work for. My first 2 months there i was out selling everybody in the store and one day he just started calling me "Smokin_Joe". It has stuck with me for over 10 yrs now and no i don't smoke. I quit 2 months ago. :p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

lautrec-

Well, I'm somewhat of an art lover, and the latter part of the 19th century of Parisian art has always appealed to me. Thus, Henri Toulousse-Lautrec.

Plus, the name lautrec is almost always available for a log in name. Oh crap, NOW it won't be.....I'm a freakin' idiot (insert Napoleon Dynamite inflection).

It was the name my wife and I came up with for our corporation name....we own a restaurant. It stands for the fact that Jesus owns it all hence "kingspie" .....and fortunately for us we were given a juicy slice of it. I realize it seems a bit goofy but it is real and from the heart.

• 3 weeks later...

headpin= 5-pin bowling term, for those whoa re not familiar with 5-pin bowling. It is more or less unique to Canada and I play at a very high level, won a few National titles etc, coaching for many years and when I was just starting out as a coach a kid I was working with what bowling againsts me and I punched several head-pin, which means to middle pin only, kinda like a 7-10 split in 10-pin. HENCE THE NICK-NAME, it kinda' stuck.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived