feedback on datafile final

kumala

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can I find inside power and outside power ? I've found the batterai line and adjusted the BallSpeedMinMod_BatterPower + BallSpeedmaxMod_BatterPower but can't find the other 2.

Second line in the datafile: 0xf3957227

values 40, 41, 42

40 = Inside Power

41 = Sweetspot power

42 = Outside Power

Would someone mind sending me the "homer friendly" datafile? I and the CPU are having trouble getting many balls into the gap, let alone homers. This is with sliders bumped up as well. Seems not matter how "well" I hit the ball it is at best a hard groundball or routine fly out.

TIA

akt33@bellatlantic.net

hey playball.. all you need to do is to do a search on the datafile for "batterai"... look for option 30 & 31 and adjust the numbers there and thats it. Mcer suggested to use 0.81 and 1.21. I have been experimenting with something lower cuz now i hit the ball too hard.

My guess is the final number for 30 should be between [0.76, 0.79]... for 31 would be [1.16, 1.19].

The place in the batter section (2nd line in datafile, 40 41 42) didnt have much of an effect on power at all. So for me, i just focus on the batterai section and go from there.

Shouldnt there also be somewhere in there where you can adjust how big the sweetspot is? Also can you adjust how close a fielder is to the ball when they dive to where they gain control of the ball, sometimes players dive and it doesnt look like they should reach the ball but it lands in there gloves, happens more on hard groundballs.

this might be a stupid question but why is it when I try to open the Datafile to change the power settings all it shows is shapes and cant see any real numbers or letters?

You have to decompress the datafile first. There's a tool in the downloads section that will do this for you.

BoSocks wrote:

this might be a stupid question but why is it when I try to open the Datafile to change the power settings all it shows is shapes and cant see any real numbers or letters?

You have to decompress the datafile first. There's a tool in the downloads section that will do this for you.

thanks for the help

qwert,

Will this affect the cpu as well, or is it a user only modification?

Thanks

yea i think so. When I first made the changes, i remembered juan pierre (cpu) hit an opposite field hr.

Great datafile as always.... I wanted to try and make a few edits for myself.

1. What edit will decrease bean balls?

2. What edit will allow for more power for the hitters? You sent me a homer friendly datafile. i wanted to copy the lines specific to increased homers to your datafile 6.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this....

You have made this game totally enjoyable... again:)

I am beaning the CPU... and it appears when I throw my 2 seam FB, it is always a ball. Must be my worst pitch. I am thinking about increasing the WorstPitch line 2 in the <pitcher> line from 50 -> 75 to see if that helps. Thoughts?

Thanks....

Archived