feedback on datafile final

kumala

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey jeff. Thanks for the sliders. I agree.. to get realistic results, you need to keep the pitch difficulty and pitch control way down in the negatives. I see ur using Jims datafile with Kumalas ball physics. I am using Kumalas new datafile. One thing i notice is that in his new datafile, the pitch difficulty has already been tuned down alot. Right now i have set mine at 0 and its hard enough already.

Jeff, what i want to know is.. with your datafile on all star level, do you have any trouble hitting opposite field HRs.. or any HRs at all? Right now on Kumalas datafile, im getting only 1 HR in 6/7 games. I know i couldve gotten a couple more if i was lucky. But just wanna know how you doing in your game. Thanks.

Qwert, post your email. I will send you the datafile that corrects the oppo homerun problems. We were pulling fine, but oppo power was too low, so Kumala edited for me. Or go into the datafile and change line 42 I believe to 1. That is the oppo power. It is set at .62 on the final datafile. The datafile we are using in our human vs human league has the oppo power corrected and the easier pitch meter.

I am no longer will be doing anymore personal edits. I am feeling crunch on time and it is time for me to be playing more then editing. If any one wants a couple different datafiles, I have they are mine with more power added for homeruns, same as the one mcer has and one that is a combo of my ball physics, ksm batting cams and some fielding cams and jims combo data. both are with walk fix.

kumala,

I'd like both of those datafiles...the one that mcer is talking about with the edit to increase the opposite field power and the one that is a combo of your ball physics, ksm's batting cams, fielding cams and jim's combo data, both with the walk fix.

Could you please PM it to me or email it to me at white7894@bellsouth.net. Thanks.

kumala...

I also am having trouble hitting homeruns and I'm only playing at the pro level. I have user contact and power levels set at +40 and still only get a homer once in every 4 or 5 games.

Overall the datafile is terrific and very realistic in playability.....Just wondering if you have plans to make your more "homer friendly" file available for download for those (like myself) that are programable challanged? :wink:

Hi Kumala,

I can appreciate your time constraints and I (along with everyone else in this forum) are very grateful for your hard work. Just a suggestion, is there anyway of taking a few representative edits that you have made (I see you have made a bunch) and package them up into one tar file on the downloads page. That would probably take a lot of pressure off you to respond to every person's email while still providing your great work to the community. Just a suggestion ... thanks again!

Dave

Actually my suggestion to all the people making datafiles is to make the file they want to make including everything. Then in a separate text file included the changed lines separately and maybe a explanation. That way if someone doesn't use your cam or wants different options, they can keep what they have and add what they want. I think it was great kumala made all the files for everyone but it might have been less stressful if he just released his original file and a text document listing the changes made and the individual lines. I am thinking of doing a datafile tweak myself right now. And to tell you the truth the only thing I plan on doing is putting the line that needs to be changed in a text file with a explanation. After all, changing the datafile isn't that hard to do. I think most people can handle doing it themselves.

tks, i have the new one that sort of fixes the homerun problem. I can send it to you if you want. This one I don't even have to do anything to the power slider it is set at 0. For my sliders now most of the things have been set to 0. The sliders i have adjusted are the ones for the pitching, foul ball frequency, cpu swing freq, and steal rate are the same, but everything is 0. Played a game in coors and El Duque blasted one out. Seems with the changes in the datafile, i don't need to change anything in the sliders.

As far posting datafiles with detailed info as to what was changed, it saves more time to just post the datafile as is and let people see what changes have occurred and it saves time from writing a readme that describes everything that was done. But it would be of help to those that would want to edit their own, that I agree with. I would like to thank all you guys for trying out this datafile and hopefully we can find more changes to make this game even better.

tks, i have the new one that sort of fixes the homerun problem. I can send it to you if you want.

<snip>

Thanks for the quick response.

I sure would like to give it a try....The only thing I see that was missing is the ability to hit homers. Otherwise, the datafile is absolutely what I was hoping for.

When you have time, I would appreciate if you woould send the "homer friendly" :wink: file to......tks3@alltel.net.

Thanks again for the great job you have done....I provide soundscript files for a golf simulation so I realize what workmanship must have gone into combining all the data you provided for our enjoyment.

Great work!!

Qwert, post your email. I will send you the datafile that corrects the oppo homerun problems. We were pulling fine, but oppo power was too low, so Kumala edited for me. Or go into the datafile and change line 42 I believe to 1. That is the oppo power. It is set at .62 on the final datafile. The datafile we are using in our human vs human league has the oppo power corrected and the easier pitch meter.

jpgwizard@yahoo.com

thanks alot.

ok..is this the line?

0xf3957227 <batter>;0 ;1 6;2 14;3 -15;4 -20;5 20;6 0.75;7 0.4;8 ;9 0.34;10 1;11 0.1;12 0.9;13 1.02;14 66;15 90;16 25.0;17 10.5;18 0.43;19 0;20 0;21 0;22 -0.2;23 ;24 0.15;25 1;26 0;27 0.15;28 1400.0000000000;29 2400.0000000000;30 ;31 36;32 2;33 2.5;34 3;35 7.3;36 0.15;37 0;38 -0.15;39 -0.3;40 0.1;41 1;42 0.6;43 0.5;44 0;45 0;46 ;47 0;48 0;49 12;50 0;51 0;52 0.06;53 140;54 10;55 ;56 -0.8;57 0.7;58 0;59 1.40;60 ;61 30;62 1.5;63 5;64 0;65 8;66 2;67 2.5;68 1;69 -2;

so the 42 a couple lines above this is the one? and I should change this to what to increase power to oppo field? thanks....

does anyone know if there is a guide to what values are what? the old eastside hockey did one and it was great for self editing...

I changed mine to 0.90 and it does help, but you may want to bump it up higher. Value in 40 is Inside Power and the value in 41 is sweetspot power (just for FYI...)

These are the original values:

40 0.10;41 1.00;42 0.60

What I can't figure out is how come Inside Power in the original datafile by EA is so low (0.10) as compared to Outside Power (0.60)...you would expect it to be the other way around...

C

Archived