feedback on datafile final

kumala

I haven't found a manual on how to edit the datafile and I am amazed at the modifications that people have been able to make without one. Here is a link to an excel spreadsheet that I found in the MVP2004 downloads section detailing some of the datafile.txt elements.

http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Do...sheet#dldetails

I appreciate all the work that has been done by Kumala in editing the datafiles. However, I have found it near impossible to make any modifications (or include his specific changes into other datafiles) because there was no documentation on what was changed specifically. Given the size of the datafile.txt file and its complexity, this is obviously not a file that can be compared line by line.

I don't want to give the impression that I am unhappy (because I am not), but I think in the future it would be very helpful if modders were able to detail the specific changes that have been made to the datafile so run of the mill guys like myself can take several different datafile versions and pull the elements out of each that we find useful to our gaming experience. I know some people have already done this and it is greatly appreciated, but it would be really nice if this became an unwritten guideline to follow. Just my 0.02 ...

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so what values r u using now? and 42 is opposite field power, right? thanks for the info!

I am still playing with the numbers to be honest. And yes, 42 is Outside Power.

Currently I have:

40: Inside Power: 0.80

41: Sweetspot: 1.00

42: Outside Power: 0.70

Alot depends on what roster file you are using as well...and sliders. That's what makes it impossible to find a perfect setting. We all use dofferent rosters, sliders, and also have different opinions on what is 'realistic" and what isn't. All we can do is find a comfort level for ourselves. I am still trying...

C

I am still playing with the numbers to be honest. And yes, 42 is Outside Power.

Currently I have:

40: Inside Power: 0.80

41: Sweetspot: 1.00

42: Outside Power: 0.70

Alot depends on what roster file you are using as well...and sliders. That's what makes it impossible to find a perfect setting. We all use dofferent rosters, sliders, and also have different opinions on what is 'realistic" and what isn't. All we can do is find a comfort level for ourselves. I am still trying...

C

What level you playing on? I am on all-star and my hitting avg. is ok. But homers just seem hard to come by unless your the computer or the game is simmed. Is upping the power that much effecting your small ball hitting?

Kumala:

Great datafile!!! I am getting very realistic results and I am thoroughly enjoying the game again. I am noticing that I am getting a lot of beaned batters now. Where should I begin to edit to curb this?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for your help everyone! I was able to adjust the batting cameras to exactly how I want them. Now the fielding...

Kumala, you've got a great datafile, but is there any chance you'll be able to improve fielding a bit more? There is still one too many errors and I'm sick of watching the first baseman become Spiderman just to recieve a simple throw. :angry:

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! The adjustments for the power are controlled overall in the BatterAI line. 31 BallSpeedMaxMod_BatterPower & 30 BallSpeedMinMod_BatterPower on the BatterAI line. The original was set at .85 on Min and 1.25 on Max. Final is set at .75 and 1.15. We have been experimenting and changes on these values have dramatic effect on power. We are currently using .81 and 1.21. It is giving us the most realistic feel at this point. From here we will adjust the inside and outside to get it as perfect as possible. We have inside set at .6 and outside power at 1.00. Try those out!!!

The last part of your message in which you refered to the inside/outside #s.. those are from the 2nd line of the datafile under the section <batter> right?

thanks for the tip mcer. And kumala.. thanks for sending me the file.

Archived