feedback on datafile final

kumala

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kumala,

This is awesome work you have put together and the dedication that you have provided to the community is second to none! That being said, I am wondering whether I could ask you for a favor (when you get the time of course) :roll: I had been playing with spitoon's pitching meter mod file that also included his updated camera 4 view from behind the plate. Other than that one camera change, I was wondering whether it was possible to get all the other cameras to be the EA default (for the same reason that tomwebb had described earlier). If it is possible for you to explain how to do this, I would be happy to try and fix it for myself ... I'm just a little "inexperienced" at this right now. Thanks again for all your help and the great mod!

Dave

davecenker@cfl.rr.com

you can extract the original datafile from the datafile.big using eagraph. Jims combo mod I believe has all the default cams, so I can do my physics changes to his mod or take his default cams and put it into my mod. either way.

Thanks Kumala, I will try to do that (probably take Jim's combo datafile and make your physics changes. However, is there a location where you have documented exactly what you've changed and to what values? I couldn't seem to locate that anywhere and doing a line by line inspection of the decompressed datafile is slightly unfeasible :wink:

Thanks again,

Dave

However, is there a location where you have documented exactly what you've changed and to what values? I couldn't seem to locate that anywhere and doing a line by line inspection of the decompressed datafile is slightly unfeasible

I wouldn't mind seeing that either. The first 10 letters and numbers (0xc38c638e) would do.

Kumala,

Would it be possible to make a copy of your datafile with Trues camera angles. I love everything you did with the physics, but the angle is just a little off for me. Thank you very much and like everyone else here, I really appreciate your work. Please send the file to steve813@optonline.net

Thanks again.

This is by far the best datafile yet, one request to make it perfect for me. Could you include KSM's FOX3 pitching view, or post the block in the datafile that has the range of values that need to be changed? I have KSM's datafiles, I could just paste it myself if I knew which values to change. Thanks

email is seminteer@insight.rr.com

Kumala,

I decompressed both Jim's combo datafile as well as your datafile and compared the numbers in the line above the audioai line that you referenced in a previous message. They were all exactly the same .... am I looking in the wrong place? It looked as though I was looking at the proper data, but there were no variations between the two datafiles in this area. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again. I am basically looking for your ball physics with Jim's combo datafile with the spitoon updated pitching meter.

Dave

davecenker@cfl.rr.com

Kumala- I just sent you the original datafile you made me awhile back. Is it possible to keep everything the same and add your new ball physics to play? We tried this last week and the datafile you sent me had a zoom camerea view on the batters face and I couldn't pitch. So this might not be possible just curious? Let me know.

hey kumala, a huge thanks to you and others who helped put this together. THe changes you guys made were great. Im playing on Allstar and i think the movement of the offspeed stuff really makes a difference. I played 5 games and havent gotten a HR cuz im now getting caught in between lol. I am wondering if anyone has come up with a decent all star level slider for this datafile.

So far for me, i have user batting contact/power to +15 and user pitching control to -20. I found that pitching control very realistic cuz now if i aim for the corners, it isnt always a strike. So the count could be at 2-0 before you know it and it puts more pressure on you while ur pitching.

thanks again kumala & others.

here are some allstar sliders that i found in one of the forums here. They are the most realist as far as pitch counts and game results. you will actually see a opposing pitcher throw 100 +pitches by the 6th or 7th inning if your a patient hitter. I use these for jims datafile but i added kumalas ball physics as well . they also work well for just kumalas file but will need to be adjusted a bit =Difficulty: All-Star

Strike Zone: Off

Hot/Cold Zones: Fade

Pitch Cursor: Off

Variable Strike Zone: On

Variable "Stuff": On

Controller Vibration: Off

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -45

Pitch Speed: -5

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 40

User Pitcher Fatigue: -15

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 5

User Pitch Control: -50

CPU Pitch Control: -40

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 5

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 5

User Batting Contact: 5

CPU Batting Contact: 5

User Batting Power: 5

CPU Batting Power: -5

User Bunting Ability: -5

CPU Bunting Ability: -5

User Foul Ball Frequency: 45

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 45

CPU Swing Frequency: -35

User OF Speed (Manual): 0

User OF Speed (MVP): 0

CPU OF Speed: 0

User IF Speed (Manual): -5

User IF Speed (MVP): -5

CPU IF Speed: -5

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: -5

User Throw Accuracy: -10

CPU Throw Accuracy: -10

User Catch Errors: 30

CPU Catch Errors: 30

User Dive Difficulty: -5

CPU Catch Effort: -20

User Baserunning Speed: 5

CPU Baserunning Speed: 0

User Runner Aggression: 5

CPU Runner Aggression: 5

User Runner Steal Speed: 5

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -5

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 5

CPU Steal Rate: 5

Runner Injury Frequency: 2

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 1

Batter Injury Frequency: 1

Fielder Injury Frequency: 5

Pitching MG Difference: 0 im not sure who originally posted this was i think his name was H but it is one of the best that i have used yet . it takes a wile to get used to but its the most realistic out of all of them

Archived