feedback on datafile final

kumala

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jeffrod, you can also check audioai in the datafile. here you can change the speed of the flyballs, groundballs, linedrives, dribblers, choppers, and also the distance of these as well. Its a trial and error thing, but once you find the numbers things are great from there on.

pack, have tried jims or trues datafile, they have the original cams. if you want you can use those. I can edit those cams into this mod, but i need to know what specific things you want. I know I have done personal edits for some but those have been with just a few cams. It takes time to do these changes and I don't mind doing the edits but I can't always be doing drastic changes to my mod.

Outstanding work kumala, I wouldn't mind having the mod with the original areil cam though. LOL, I can see it kinda becomes like working in a fine resteraunt taking orders.......

But great work, having no more: Second baseman just misses a grounder, and, oops all the way to wall for a stand up triple.

I have been following this thread pretty closely and it seems like Kumala is doing quite a lot of work 8O I have tried both Pro and All-Star and seem to have real problems attaining realism on either level. I'm just not good enough yet to get the timing of the hitting correctly on All-Star and I tend to serve up too many fat pitches to the opposition. I have trouble beating Tampa Bay :wink: On Pro with the Big Unit sliders, I seem to get fairly realistic scores, but the way I am getting my runs is unrealistic. I always seem to score on 4 singles to get one run across the plate (1 run/4 hits is not all that realistic to me). I don't know if it's because the speed of the ball on my base hits or what. I seem to strike out people with regularity on the Pro level (even with spitoon's updated pitching meter). Does anyone know whether kumala's datafile would help alleviate any of these shortcomings in my gameplay? That is, has anyone else experienced the same things I have and then seen an increase in realism with Kumala's datafile/slider mix?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dave

Kum...back when High Heat was THE game, someone made a pitching/batting cam that was essentially the broadcast view, high behind homeplate, so that when the ball was hit it seemlessly flowed into the play on the field..I used it when I was pitching, but used the center view when I was batting...anyway of doing this with this game? Like making Pitcher cam 1 the high, behind the plate view? Just wondering..thanks

Did you check ksm's mods, he has a ton of batting cams, check it out and let me know which one you want and i can put it into my mod. kamasutra mods also had a lot of batting views from 2004. I have his files also so check those and get back to me.

Kum...back when High Heat was THE game, someone made a pitching/batting cam that was essentially the broadcast view, high behind homeplate, so that when the ball was hit it seemlessly flowed into the play on the field..I used it when I was pitching, but used the center view when I was batting...anyway of doing this with this game? Like making Pitcher cam 1 the high, behind the plate view? Just wondering..thanks

This is also a great view for the manage only guys in the crowd...or those that do rosters and/or datafiles and watch the cpu play cpu to see what needs tweaking.

Great job

The datafile is great, finally I get realistic game results.

But I don´t like the camera views between the innings.

The camera movement is not realistic.

I would like to use the datafile with the default EA camera views.

Any help would be apprechiated.

:)

kumala went out of his/her way to send me a personalized data file that did not include the sliders. thank you so much. i appreciate the instant replay angles you made, and that one where the batter walks up and you can see his face. very good. i don't know how in the world you people can do that, but thank you. i don't think i'll be keeping mine, because the sound from the play by play guys sounds lower than normal, NOT THAT I ENJOY THOSE GUYS. you did a really great job, and if i get tired of the datafile i'm using now then i'll put yours back into my game. great job.

unclemo, thanks for your support and for trying out the mod. Just to let you guys know, all the camera mods are from our great modders trues, ksm, and spitoon. All I did was combined their work with my ball adjustments and fielder adjustments. So I give all credit to these guys. they tweak the cameras, I tweak the ball physics. I don't mind making individual datafile for people but It does take alot of my time. But as long as I can try to satisfy peoples needs for having a more realistic gameplay, I will continue to do my modifications. thanks again everyone and let mvp baseball live.

Archived