feedback on datafile final

kumala

Kumala,

Great datafile!! I am enjoying it.

However, I do find alot of line drives to the infielders...as hit by the cpu...or when I am watching cpu vs cpu. If I wanted to change that...to make the ball rise a bit more...what variable would I work on?

C

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kum...it would be the 2nd one, but higher..the old High Heat one was exactly like the broadcast view in your current mod..when u hit the ball the camera followed the ball, but it never had to cut to the broadcast view cause it was already there...BTW, your latest mod has given me the best games ever!

Renegade I will try to edit it a bit more when I get home. I live in hawaii and depending on where you are, it will be late.

capa, i am not able to check this right now but I will take a look at it and see what I can do, there is a variable that deals with this.

Hey kumala. can you make a set for me using jim825,s datafile and use your ball physics in it . I tried to do it myself but it just didnt turn out as good as yours .please help if you can thanks

Yes thats what I was wondering about also, if so could you please send me a copy also?

badger@cablemo.net

I'm finding the datafile to be awesome, but power to opposite field is still underestimated. My bro and I have been testing it. We basically tell each other what is coming on the outside corner. We hit some out, but not many. We don't want a homer fest, but if you know what's coming, balls should be hit out especially with big hitters. The file you sent me with the opposite field increased and the easy pitch meter is almost there. Just needs alittle more pop to opposite field. Thanks for your hard work. You really make the game fun for those of us who want realism.

its hard to match the batting cam with the fielding cam. no matter what I try it will cut to the fielding cam. High heat always flowed into the fieldng cam unlike mvp. So I am not sure if this can be done.

I'm playing it on PRO and I'm having difficulties in striking out the opponent, even with Randy Johnson. The last game I played, he pitched 7 innings and only had 3 k's. And yes, I do know how to set up the batters. Is it now set so a certain pitch is easier to get a strike? Like, for instance, is the pitcher's #1 pitch easier to throw for a strike than his 4th rated pitch? And it seems the batters pretty much only swing at strikes. Maybe I need to set their "Swing Frequency", so they swing at more pitches out of the strike zone.

The games have been more challenging. But I really don't believe R Johnson would give up a walk and five hits in a row, especially when he's not nearly tired. As he did this last game. Including a key two out hit by Tom Glavine, of all people.

Overall, Good job though

did it work? I am not able to look at the datafile right now but there is a spreadsheet layout somewhere you can download to see what each value stands for. Do a yahoo search for datafile layout spreadsheet.

as far the oppo power it is the second line of the datafile batter> value 42 I think. It was .75 I changed it to 1. did it help.

Hi Kumala

I know you got lots of stuff do do so take your time.

I would be really glad if you could send me a datafile which includes the default EA cameras.

I get stutter problems in the game with other cameras.

The default cameras have been working perfect on my computer.

When I use your datafile I get realistic scores and stats.

Thank you

Greetings from Germany

tomwebb@freenet.de

I believe the increase worked. We use these for human vs. human, so the only issue we are having is lack of K's. I believe mainly because of the pitch speed. So what your saying is u went in and changed the RPM's of all the pitches???

Archived