Total Audio 2005 thread

Hory

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to have audio announced for as many of my minorleague players as possible. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to created the audio for them. I skimmed through a tutorial on making audio, but it seemed way to difficult for a novice such as myself. So I got to thinking and this may be a stupid question, but here goes. Say I have a player whose last name is Smith. Could I copy the last name audio file for another player named Smith, and rename the file with my player's audio/photo ID. Would this work to at least have my player's last name announced? ANy help would be appreciated.

xxxxa.dat (krukow last name)

xxxxc.dat (kuiper full name)

xxxxd.dat (kuiper last name)

9. extract any players xxxxa.hdr, xxxxc.hdr, and xxxxd.hdr files and rename them with your audioID number.

10. open one of your hdr files with any hex editor. use a hex-dec converter like this one to convert your 4 digit decimal audioID number to hexidecimal.

11. invert the first two with the last two characters.

[example: 8000 equals 1F40. invert to 401F]

then stick those 4 characters in to the second grouping in your hdr file and save. do the same for all 3 hdr files.

from the links on the previous page

If you are doing last names only, you only need to worry about "a" and "d"

audio files.

so for madeup player named Mr Smith id number - 9990

just copy the a. and d. dat files from Total Audio for any player named 'smith' e.g 6885a.dat and 6885d.dat

rename them to 9990a.dat and 9990d.dat

copy any a a.hdr and d.hdr from total audio - (it can be any as long as it an 'a' hdr used for a new 'a' hdr file and 'd' for 'd')

rename to 9990a.hdr and 9990d.hdr and follow the instructions from 10. above

(in this case 9990 equals 2706 - inverted is 0627 )

• 2 weeks later...

Would this work for the Robinson Cano audio:

Take the end of Morneau's audio (neau part) and you will get the correct pronounciation of Cano ?

I think that part of his name is right, it's the Ca part this wrong. His name is pronounced Cuh and in the game it plays Cah. To me it's fine because it is close enough.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am using MVP 05 and have installed Ultimate Rosters, Big Schmooz Moser, Total Pictures. I installed Total Audio and I do not have any commentator voice during actual game play. I will get fragments of who is coming up to bat but not the name. I used the auto install program. Does anyone have any suggestions of what might have gone wrong. Thnks

I'm not sure what's gone wrong with your setup, since no-one else seems to have that problem,

perhaps you closed the installation window for Total Audio (The black one with text in it) before it finished installing.

Try re-installing Total Audio,

if that doesn't work, re-install the game or copy the 4 original files altered by total audio off the CD back into the game.

(The names of the files are listed in the readme)

• 1 month later...

I've uploaded an update to Total Audio

Version 0.8 includes more than 150 new audios for players including Andre Ethier, BJ Upton, Chris Duffy, Joe Saunders, Jonathan Broxton, Troy Tulowitzki, & Sal Fasano and lots of minor leaguers as well as a better sounding Dan Uggla play-by-play audio, and a correctly pronounced Clint Barmes (fixing EA's mistake)

I created a few of the audios like Ethier, Barmes & Tulowitzki using recordings of Duane Kuiper on FSN Bay area broadcasts, which ended up sounding pretty good in game, well better than I expected at least...

Also included in the set are some play-by-play audios for the forum fanatic/mod squad teams in mvp 06, the audios included are just those which were really easy to make, so sorry if you have a 'too-hard' name... it's nothing personal

• 3 weeks later...

Well if you can construct a better sounding Cano audio as a ordinary wave audio file, I'm more than happy to do the converting to EA audio's format etc and adding it to the set

I can give you any announced names already in MVP 05 (in wave format) if you can't get them out of the game yourself

Well if you can construct a better sounding Cano audio as a ordinary wave audio file, I'm more than happy to do the converting to EA audio's format etc and adding it to the set

I can give you any announced names already in MVP 05 (in wave format) if you can't get them out of the game yourself

For cano, what I'm doing is trying to stretch out Cuh in Cuddyer and adding the Neau in Morneau. With Nero's audio editor it should sound dandy.

Sweet, That sounds really good in-game, nice job

However the a.dat file should be Krukow saying the surname 'Cano' rather than the first name 'Robinson'

Yeah, I shouldn't have included the a.dat file...

Anyway, I'd like to touch up some audio files that do not sound so good.

Archived