Big Shmooz models.big For Ultimate rosters Plus.

big shmooz

I uploaded 4 various versions of the models.big & in the case of 3 of the 4 files, they also contain a uniforms.big file.

Also, if you decide to install any of my updated files, you MUST read the readme. I am giving fair warning about this. If you don't read it & your game crashes it is not my fault.

However if you do read it & install both the models.big & the rosters, I tell you that you will have a game with graphics that are truly amazing. If you have ever wanted a cyberface or uniform upgrade, these models.big contain almost EVERY SINGLE CYBERFACE UPLOAD FROM THIS SITE ALL IN ONE FILE. & each different version I uploaded contains a different set of UNIFORMS FROM THIS SITE ALL IN ONE FILE. (unless you download the lite version which only contains all the cyberfaces)

Therefore... Anybody who downloads any of the models.big files version of the rosters has no need to download any other cyberface or uniform file that has been uploaded to this site till today's date of November 25th. Since it's all contained in these files.

Enjoy!

HOW TO INSTALL CYBERFACES, PORTRAITS (OR UNIFORMS) FOR YOURSELF WITH EAGRAPH.EXE

First...always make sure that at least the cyberface files are compressed FIRST. (though I prefer also compressing uniform files too)

To do this... Use the eazip program & also make a batch file.

If you do not know how to make a batch file (.bat), take one that already exists & edit it to say this...

@ECHO OFF

CLS

Echo Cyberface

Echo.

Echo CAUTION: This will compress your cyberface.

Echo.

pause

Echo Please wait...

eazip -c *.orl

eazip -c *.ord

eazip -c *.fsh

CLS

Echo Successful!

pause

By.Big Shmooz

Then simply copy & paste the above lines into the batch file (making sure to first erase what it already contains there) & then save your changes.

If you do not know how to edit a .bat file, here is what you do...

To edit a .bat (batch) file you simply right click on the .bat file & then choose "edit" from the drop down menu you will see. Then do the above named steps to make a proper .bat file.

You also need to make sure that the eazip.exe file (program) & the batch file & the files you want to compress are all contained in the same folder on your hard drive when you double click on the .bat file to compress the cyberfaces or uniforms (or both).

If you still can't figure out how to do this, just download the attached zip file I made that already contains the batch file plus the eazip.exe program. Simply unzip it anywhere on your hard drive. (Preferably to the same place on your hard drive that you plan to compress your game files using this program.)

Make sure to have 3 items all in the same folder on your hard drive.

1) The batch file

2) The eazip.exe file

3) The files you are looking to compress.

Simply double click on the install.bat file & it will compress your files for you.

Now... on to the eagraph program itself...

The eagraph program itself is really easy to use.

Here is what you should do...

Open the eagraph program. Go to the little folder icon (2nd from the left) Click it. It will say "open".

Navigate inside the box that opens up to your models.big file. (it's in your data folder). When you find it, double click on it. Then you will see all the files inside on the left hand side of the eagraph program.

Then click on the "import wizard" icon. (It looks like a yellow thing with a blue arrow) It is the 7th icon from the right. When you click on it it will open a box called "import wizard".

Then click on the button called "next". Then click on the button called "add". This will open a box called "open source file". Navigate in here to the cyberface files (wherever you put them after extracting them from the zip file) Highlight all the cyberfaces. (they should now be listed in the line where it says "file name").

Then click on the button called "open". Then click on the button called "next". Let the program finish running. After it has inserted all the files there will appear a button called "finished". Click it & close the program. You're done.

Next time you want to do this, there is no need to click on the little yellow folder icon that says "new". There will be a teeny black arrow to the right of the yellow folder (within the same actual icon). Click on it & it will remember where you went last time. Then simply click on the name where it says models.big & it will open the models.big file for you.

Please also remember that before installing any cyberfaces or uniforms to the models.big that you downloaded from me, you need to uncheck the "read only" box of the models.big. Also don't forget to check the box again after you are finished installing the cyberfaces & click "ok".

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PROPERLY EDIT ROSTERS FROM WITHIN MVP EDIT....

First & foremost... Always start out with a proven crash free roster...

Make sure that when you move players from one team to another team, not to have them in any of the 4 lineups before actually moving them. To do this you will have to overwrite him with a different player first.

To overwrite a player with another player not currently in the lineup, simply drag him by left mouse clicking on the player you are looking to insert to the lineup & drag him to the slot of the player you want to move out of that slot. (if you only want to change the lineup or fielding position, you can do it by dragging from the lineup spot to the lineup spot as per the normal MVPEdit way. Just remember to click on the appropriate radio button that is beneath the lineup spots before doing this)

Also, make sure not to insert anybody into a lineup of a team that has more than 25 players on the roster at the moment you are inserting. Rather delete however many players you need, to make sure that you have only a maximum of 25 at the moment you insert somebody into a lineup. (take care not to move somebody off the team that is currently in a lineup or the pitching rotation or is the closer.)

Also, the same thing with pitchers. Always make sure to overwrite the pitcher with another pitcher instead of moving him off the team in order to move him out of the rotation. Always make sure that you have 5 pitchers in your starting rotation no matter what you are doing & a closer too. (when replacing... do not remove the pitcher, but rather OVERWRITE him with another one in his stead either from within the rotation or outside the rotation)

To do this, you left mouse click on the pitcher you want to insert & drag him over to the spot in the rotation you are looking to insert him to.

However DO NOT DO THIS when you are looking to insert a pitcher to the 1st or 5th slot in the rotation as I explain below. (Doing this may cause an error in the rosters which may cause your game to crash at some point.)

Never overwrite or replace a pitcher that is either in the 1st or 5th slot in the rotation by flipping him with a different pitcher that is NOT ALREADY PART of the 5 man rotation. Rather do this... First move the pitcher you are looking to replace to either the second, third, or fourth spot in the rotation.

To do this, drag a pitcher from within the ACTUAL ROTATION SPOT (1st or 5th spot) by left clicking on the pitcher in the rotation slot itself & dragging him to the second third or fourth rotation spot. (This will flip the pitching rotation around.) Then you can replace him from the second, third, or fourth slot with a different pitcher outside the rotation. Then you can reset the rotation back to your liking by dragging the pitcher from one rotation slot to another.

Stated simply... To overwrite a pitcher with another pitcher in the rotation, simply drag him by left mouse clicking on the pitcher IN THE PITCHING SLOT & dragging him to the slot of the pitcher you want to move him to.

(Also remember... don't replace a pitcher in the rotation while you have more than 25 men on a roster).

Basically what I am saying here is, don't do anything that you have to do a different action afterwards to make sure to have proper rosters & pitchers. Rather always be at a point in whatever move you make that you could stop at any moment & be able to play the game as is without having to do something else first.

If you follow the above instructions, & you have a crash free roster that you are starting with as a base, you should find that you no longer have any crashes.

You may still suffer from occassional freeze-ups though. Since I think the freeze-ups are caused by something other than the rosters. I could be wrong about this, but I don't think I am.

INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW I MAKE PLAYER PORTRAITS

I start with a 128 x 128 bitmap. I then open fshed.exe & click on "new". It opens up a new window called "object properties" I click on the button in this screen called "new". It then opens up a window, I locate my bitmap & click on it, then I click on the button called "open" in the same window. This closes the window & I am back to my previous window. I then click on the button there called "update". This brings me back to the very first window I had open. I then repeat the same procedure but this time I go to the mvpedit folder where I locate the 8bit blank alpha bitmap. (an easy way to identify it is that it's size is 18kb) I then do the same procedure as above with that bitmap.

I then click on the "save as" & save it to the portrait number I am going to use. I save this file in .fsh format. The way I do that is by typing in the portrait number & adding a .fsh after the number. This then creates a file that is fsh but it is about 129 kb.

I then right click on the .fsh file I just made & click on "open with" & choose "nfshtool". This creates a new folder named as the number that I saved the portrait .fsh file as. Inside this folder is contained the 2 bitmap files (main & alpha).

I then open mvpedit & double click on the player's portrait section of the player whose picture I am looking to import. This then opens up a new screen that has an option to put in a new portrait & a new alpha. When I click on the new picture section it then opens a window where I can navigate around to find the file I am looking for. I then find the folder that nfshtool just made for me & I take the main picture's bitmap. This closes that screen. I then go back to MvpEdit & repeat the same procedure to acquire the alpha bitmap from the folder that nfshtool made.

I then click on ok & the new portrait is done.

You may still have to compress the new portrait. If so, you can navigate in windows explorer to the file. It will be in your mvpedit folder. Just make sure not to close MVP edit before retrieving the file or else when you close mvpedit, it deletes the file.

If you have less than 3000 files in your portrait.big, this is all you have to do. However...If you have more than 3000 files, then in order to do the above procedure, you will have to use a different portrait.big file that has less than 3000 files in order to make this procedure work.

Before you start the whole process I have been describing above, do the following...

Back up your main portrait.big (the file is loacted in your frontend folder) & install a default version of the portrait.big to your frontend folder. This will allow MvpEdit to display portraits for you.

Then after you have made the portrait by inserting your two files through MvpEdit... grab the .fsh file from your mvp edit folder & put it in a different location on your hard drive. (I usually put it in my main MVp 2005 folder). Then you compress the file with eazip & then use eagraph.exe to insert the file into your backed up portrait.big file. (how to do this is explained in the above section of HOW TO INSTALL CYBERFACES, PORTRAITS (OR UNIFORMS) FOR YOURSELF WITH EAGRAPH.EXE).

Then replace the temporary portrait.big file you have been using in order to get MvpEdit to display the portraits, with the backed up version you made. That's all there is to it. You're done.

Note: with this process you will not have a "cleaned up" portrait though. Since this process does not take out the alpha background around the players head.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guarantee if it is used as the read me says, it will not crash. It will never crash in the future due to these files either, since the models.big can't be corrupted as it is in read only format. You can of course as the read me explains, uncheck it & then add more files. However once downloaders modify the file, I take no more responsibility for what they may do to it. However as it is now, this game will run perfectly.

it's simple... just open eagraph.exe & navigate to your models.big folder with it (I am assuming you know how to use the program.) Then click on "import wizard".

The click on "add" & find the cyberface files you downloaded & add them. Then click next & it will install it to your models.big file. Then open BigGui & navigate it to your models.big file. Find the files you just installed. You will see on the right hand column a section called "packed" & underneath you will see that the file you just installed says "no". Highlight the file by clicking on it & then press the icon on top that says "compress". That's it, you are done.

Make sure you only compress one file set at a time (.ord.orl.fsh).

DO NOT COMPRESS ANY FILES INSIDE THAT DO NOT BEGIN WITH THE LETTER "C"! Otherwise you may corrupt your file.

Also make sure after you are done to change the file back to "read only". (I explain in the readme how to do this)

I've noticed in the past that KC's uniforms, while amazing, slow down my PC? Are you using Umachine's 2x Lite ones, or KCCitystar's

I am using as the main set, moser's uniforms. As addon extra uniforms, I used KC's AL west uni's & Umachines in the slots that do not have moser's. I also used RAM's & Bigbully's Minor league uni's.

I also because of lack of room sometimes on the major leagues slots for uniforms (there are only 12 slots) I added on ocassion the uni's that there are more than 12, to minor league teams of the same system as that particular major league team.

it's simple... just open eagraph.exe & navigate to your models.big folder with it (I am assuming you know how to use the program.) Then click on "import wizard".

The click on "add" & find the cyberface files you downloaded & add them. Then click next & it will install it to your models.big file. Then open BigGui & navigate it to your models.big file. Find the files you just installed. You will see on the right hand column a section called "packed" & underneath you will see that the file you just installed says "no". Highlight the file by clicking on it & then press the icon on top that says "compress". That's it, you are done.

Make sure you only compress one file set at a time (.ord.orl.fsh).

DO NOT COMPRESS ANY FILES INSIDE THAT DO NOT BEGIN WITH THE LETTER "C"! Otherwise you may corrupt your file.

Also make sure after you are done to change the file back to "read only". (I explain in the readme how to do this)

Are you talking about the models.big that came with the download, or the original one?

Are you talking about the models.big that came with the download, or the original one?

I was talking about my models.big, but in fact this advice is good in general for any models.big. This is the biggest mistake people make & it is what actually is the most responsible for the crashes in the game.

big shmooz,

thanks for this DL..I have been waiting for this..

you the man.

enjoy the rest of your day

Grumpykore :eek:

Thanks. But also remember that besides the update to the roster & my putting the download all together, the guys who did all the mods, they deserve the real credit.

People, for now, please do not use the version 1.0 of the mbe file, if you want an mbe file, take it from the other download & convert it yourself to mbe format. I forgot to edit something in the mbe file I uploaded & it may cause a crash if you play as the Tampa Yankees.

However the .dat files in the big download are just fine so you can use that as a base for the mbe file.

I also uploaded a fixed version of the mbe file which should be available soon as a download. Sorry for that mistake.

Where can i find the cyberfaces??? It says in the instructions find the cyberfaces you just downloaded but where do I look?

I think you misunderstood me. I meant if you downloaded cyberfaces yourself, to find the one's you downloaded in order to installl them. You have no need to find any cyberfaces if you don't download any.

I think you misunderstood me. I meant if you downloaded cyberfaces yourself, to find the one's you downloaded in order to installl them. You have no need to find any cyberfaces if you don't download any.

So what do I do, skip that whole part about EA Grahpics Editor and BigGui and just play the game, or what?

So what do I do, skip that whole part about EA Grahpics Editor and BigGui and just play the game, or what?

Correct, if you have not downloaded any particular cyberfaces that you are looking to install, (& as of now, there are none, since I installed them all in the file you downloaded. I am presuming you downloaded the large file that also contains the models.big) just play the game & enjoy. It's all done for you already.

Correct, if you have not downloaded any particular cyberfaces that you are looking to install, (& as of now, there are none, since I installed them all in the file you downloaded. I am presuming you downloaded the large file that also contains the models.big) just play the game & enjoy. It's all done for you already.

Now i understand also thanks for doing it so u wont have to do it yourself installing all the cyberfaces im lost when trying to install cyberfaces and portraits also an idea i had is for one of the versions is to add all the potraits Hory has done

Is there a list of everything used? Such as uniforms and cyberfaces

Sorry I missed your post earlier. Well, the read me sorta tells you what is used. However as far as specifics, I think if you scroll through here it will give you even more info than the read me as far as that's concerned, because I was more specific here, in explaining exactly what is in the files.

Archived