Big Shmooz models.big For Ultimate rosters Plus.

big shmooz

nice job but the problem is how can anyonyone using a modem download these file

can you just make or a folder that has all of the cyberfaces in it plus the rosters that has the right numbering configuration for the cyberface because models.big is so huge a file

as for the cyberfaces you can just make a readme of what number they must be put in thats all

all of the modem users would appreciate this

You have a point. The thing is, I myself do not know offhand exactly what numbers I used (& the zip files while I did change most of them that do not have the same numbers I used, it may be that not all of them are that way.)

I am willing perhaps to upload that for people, but on the condition that if there are some mistakes (there should not be be more than a couple of wrong numbers, if any) that I don't get any flack. Basically what I am saying is... You download it at your own risk.

(you can of course manually check & then change the .fsh .ord .orl files to their correct numbers if they do not match my roster)

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People who are having problems with my models.big file. I have a question for you all. ARe you using the file together with the rosters I uploaded or are you using them with different rosters?

If you are using them with different rosters THAT'S WHY YOU ARE GETTING THOSE ERRORS. You guys need to actually READ the read me file.

I'm using your roster. I extracted the folder in your download called "data" into my main MVP 05 folder like it said to do, so I AM using your rosters w/ your models.big.

Ah... ok. Then indeed you are using my roster. Maybe try (I doubt this will help, but ya never know) downloading the .mbe file & in mvp edit, import it to your database folder & see if that clears up the problem.

ok, another 12-hour day at work, so my mind is pretty much dead again, so this may be another stupid question...would the models.big file being that big also render FuzzStudio useless as well?

i ask this because i was thinking about using it to merge model files, so to speak, using your kc uni file as a base to add in the other unis i installed. would i have to use eagraph to do this instead, and if so, how would we go about installing the bmp's for the "preview" screens?

ok, another 12-hour day at work, so my mind is pretty much dead again, so this may be another stupid question...would the models.big file being that big also render FuzzStudio useless as well?

i ask this because i was thinking about using it to merge model files, so to speak, using your kc uni file as a base to add in the other unis i installed. would i have to use eagraph to do this instead, and if so, how would we go about installing the bmp's for the "preview" screens?

I believe Fuzz's program also relies on gfxpak.

However If you like, you can do what I did. regarding bmp's. I installed the uniforms into a models.big that I used specifically for this purpose. (the default one that comes with the game) It does not overwrite your game models.big anyway unless you import it afterward.

I simply went & did it with fuzz's studio, I then went into the folder of the studio & copied the uniform.big (where the bmp files get installed to) to my frontend folder. Then I manually installed the uniform files (which I copied over from the mvp studio folder) to my models.big that I use in my game using eagraph.exe. That's pretty easy since you do not even have to compress them afterward. That's it. I had both uni's & uniform bmp's for the game.

ok, so since i already have said uniforms.big file in my frontend folder (assuming your models.big file and the uni file have nothing to do with each other), i'm already good to go, as far as importing the fsh files through eagraph? and forgive me for asking yet another dumb question, just don't want to mess this up, but is it the same process as importing portraits into the portrait.big file?

and one more (sorry if i'm making your head spin here)...what about the names of the fsh files, since, by using fuzz's studio, the original file names are kind of moot? would i have to change those as well?

maybe i should wait til i get some sleep before asking this stuff :roll:

Big Shmooz, great job we appreciate all the time it took to do this.

But you made an oversight, you left out the cyberface of Yankees Single A 2004 first round pick Philip Hughes.

His face number should be 269. Could you add this for the next update? The cyberface was made by Kccitystar. Thanks.

ok, so since i already have said uniforms.big file in my frontend folder (assuming your models.big file and the uni file have nothing to do with each other), i'm already good to go, as far as importing the fsh files through eagraph? and forgive me for asking yet another dumb question, just don't want to mess this up, but is it the same process as importing portraits into the portrait.big file?

and one more (sorry if i'm making your head spin here)...what about the names of the fsh files, since, by using fuzz's studio, the original file names are kind of moot? would i have to change those as well?

maybe i should wait til i get some sleep before asking this stuff :roll:

The models.big & uniform.big are connected in the sense that the uniform.big displays the uniforms in the game at the choice of uniforms screen before you go into the game to play. Without it, you would not know what uniform you are picking for your game.

What I am saying is, that since you can't import the uniforms through fuzz's studio, in order to be able to tell what uniform you are choosing, you still have to do the process of using fuzz's studio. (to get the uniform.big to show the proper uniform. Unless you import the bitmaps manually)

Then afterward you have to also import the uniforms again to the models.big. The reason for this is, since the models.big you used to import the uniforms the first time, is not the actual models.big you are going to use for your game. (because the models.big you are going to use for your game is too large for you to import the uniforms directly through fuzz's studio)

Now as far as your next question... You are correct, the names of the .fsh files are going to change when you import them through fuzz's studio (depending on what slot in the studio you choose to import your file to) But you choose for yourself what slot to insert it to anyway. Now if you do not want to overwrite a slot & therefore insert the uniform into a different slot letter than the one that shows as the letter in the fsh file, all you have to do is go to the mvp studio folder before you shut it down & copy the files you made from there into a different folder. This way you will not have to manually change the file name of the fsh, since mvp studio already does this for you.

So all you have to do is import via eagraph.exe the files you copied over from the mvp studio. (do not compress or rebuild the models.big after you do this. Only when adding cyberfaces should you compress them using biggui. & never rebuild, no matter what you insert into the models.big) That's it.

I hope I was clear in this explanation.

Big Shmooz, great job we appreciate all the time it took to do this.

But you made an oversight, you left out the cyberface of Yankees Single A 2004 first round pick Philip Hughes.

His face number should be 269. Could you add this for the next update? The cyberface was made by Kccitystar. Thanks.

You are correct & at the same time incorrect. I did leave it out & it is kinda an oversight, but not totally. I did not install that cyberface because at the time it was uploaded Hughes was not in the roster (I had not yet upgraded then to 2.35)

I hope I was clear in this explanation.

now that i've had some sleep, yes, perfectly clear. i just need to use the save function on fuzz's studio that drops the fsh files into the folder in the studio's directory, and they'll be named for the slot they were installed into, if i read that correctly.

as far as the bmps, since i'd already installed them through fuzz's studio, and you supplied the models.big without uniforms.big, i shoudn't have to worry about reimporting them, correct?

Another question, were there any other such players who were not on your rosters at the time and subsequently not added in the models.big file?

None that I know of offhand. Other than the old time players. I have not added cyberfaces for those players, like Thurman Munson, Don Mattingly, Darryl Strawberry etc..

Btw... I added Hughes to my models.big also, so in the next upload, he should be there.

now that i've had some sleep, yes, perfectly clear. i just need to use the save function on fuzz's studio that drops the fsh files into the folder in the studio's directory, and they'll be named for the slot they were installed into, if i read that correctly.

as far as the bmps, since i'd already installed them through fuzz's studio, and you supplied the models.big without uniforms.big, i shoudn't have to worry about reimporting them, correct?

Right. This is in order to make your own uniforms.big file

None that I know of offhand. Other than the old time players. I have not added cyberfaces for those players, like Thurman Munson, Don Mattingly, Darryl Strawberry etc..

Btw... I added Hughes to my models.big also, so in the next upload, he should be there.

That makes sense considering they are not in Ultimate Rosters. Thanks for the clarification. Once again great mod!

can't you have one with a more commonly used extention? The stuff is great but I need to download some WinAce to extract your file.

I am sorry. I wish I could. I don't have winrar so I can't make a .rar file (though winace allows me to extract .rar files) & winzip does not compress the file as well as winace.

Expos, try downloading Izarc. Best extracter I've seen:

http://www.izarc.org/

Shmooz, I tried your UR 2.35/KC 1.05 combo last night and it's unbelievable. You've really helped a lot of people with this. I was looking to import everything manually but don't have to because of your efforts. Outstanding job!

Now if I can just get the portraits... Hory, Hory, Hory! :lol:

The rosters look great. I just did a clean install of the game with patch 2 and extracted the files from the Shmooz Roster & Models.big - Lite Version to the mvp 2005 folder and my game crashes everytime a ball is hit. What I listed is the extent of what I have done mod wise. i havnt used eagraph.exe or edit or any othe rutilities. I'm assuming I am doing somthing wrong

The rosters look great. I just did a clean install of the game with patch 2 and extracted the files from the Shmooz Roster & Models.big - Lite Version to the mvp 2005 folder and my game crashes everytime a ball is hit. What I listed is the extent of what I have done mod wise. i havnt used eagraph.exe or edit or any othe rutilities. I'm assuming I am doing somthing wrong

That's weird. All I have in that version are cyberfaces. I want you try this for me. Try to play the game with both teams as the Tulsa Drillers (AA) This team has absolutely no cyberfaces added. It is completely default cyberfaces & tell me if the game still crashes.

Archived