Big Shmooz models.big For Ultimate rosters Plus.

big shmooz

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to remind people that no matter which version of the models.big they download, it is in read only format. If you want to edit something in there you will not be able to do so unless you first uncheck the read only option.

To do this, you need to right click on the models.big file. Then go to the properties option & then click on the read only checkbox (which will uncheck it) & then save your change... then you will be able to edit the file.

However once this is done, I take no responsibilty for any corruptions or crashes that this editing may cause. I will of course try to help as much as I can, but be forwarned, if you edit & then the game crashes, it's not my fault.

Anyway, my advice is, after you finish your edit, recheck the "read only" box & save the change, as otherwise during usage the files inside tend to decompress, which in turn may cause the game to crash.

Also keep in mind that I am not referring to roster editing, as this does not alter the models.big file. You can edit rosters as much as you want without unchecking the read only box of the models.big file.

Ah.... I did not know of this limit. I always thought 25 was the limit. I do know that you can't have more than 255 free agents.

Btw... the models.big I uploaded yesterday was corrupted. Can this be the reason why this happened? Anyway, the new version is up as I am typing this. Try that & post what results you get.

If you really had to delete players, I imagine you will have to do that again though, since I did not delete any players.

Anyway, please post your results in the thread. If I read it I will try to respond best to you even though as I state, I do not really support altered files, (since I can't know what was done), I still don't mind trying to help if I can.

hi big schmooz, i wasn't sure which models.big file i downloaded so i redid it with your latest models.big file, this time i didn't edit anything in the rosters and it still did the same thing, when i started a jays dynasty it crashed while loading the first game. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. i hope you can help me figure this out. thanks for all your hard work, and thanks for trying to figure this out for me.

hi big schmooz, i wasn't sure which models.big file i downloaded so i redid it with your latest models.big file, this time i didn't edit anything in the rosters and it still did the same thing, when i started a jays dynasty it crashed while loading the first game. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. i hope you can help me figure this out. thanks for all your hard work, and thanks for trying to figure this out for me.

I uploaded a bunch of them today, so I am not sure which one you mean.

I decided to test it out using the models.big that I am assuming you used. The one that is 601 megs. I went in & started a Blue Jays dynasty did all the preliminaries, & went into the game. There was no crash at all. I am using the same roster you are if you did not touch the rosters.

Am I correct about the models.big file you are using?

Am I also correct in assuming that you downloaded the Big Shmooz Roster & Models.big ace file & simply extracted it to your main MVP folder? (to the one in your C/program files?)

I am also assuming you have at least patch #2 from EA installed in your game.

Guest McCovey521

Can you overwrite unimachines update with your roster file? I believe it was your last update, prior to KC's uniforms that you show now. I would like to install the latest version you show on the site, without the hassels.

First time ive tried this and I know very little about any of these files etc. To get the rosters uniforms etc to work do you just have to simply extract the ace file to your main folder? I did that and started the game but did not notice any changes. Could someone walk me through this step by step? I read the readme but im afraid its over my head :doh: . Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but any help will be greatly appreciated.

hi schmooz, i redid everything and got it to work... i forgot to download the patch from easports... everything's working find now except that if i sim part of a game and then try to play it, it crashes to desktop. it's not a problem if i play the game from the beginning though. and i think there's a problem with the david bush cyberface. i remember when i downloaded it previously, the game would crash everytime he pitches... same thing is happening now. how can i avoid this? would changing his face# to something generic fix it? thanks again for your help.

hey i downloaded your cyber faces pack and your recent ultimate rosters 2.3 mbe only file

why does my game stuck when i look at the players with cyberfaces in edit player screen ,

is it the total number of entries in the models big file cause im using kc's 1.05 uniforms before i installed the faces

Big,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but the newest models.big you uploaded with KC's uniforms. Does this package contain the minor league updates done by bully?

I ask this because the models.big i am using now is around 400mg, i.e. substantially larger than the file you've just uploaded. Thanks and once again the blood sweat and tears you put in to this project is greatly appreciated.

I uploaded 2 files to MVP mods. One is an mbe file which is basically the same as the other one I uploaded but in mbe format instead of .dat format.

I also uploaded a full version of the same rosters plus the models.big & uniforms.big files.

DO NOT USE THE MBE FILES UNLESS YOU ALSO INSTALL THE MODELS.BIG WHICH IS CONTAINED IN MY OTHER UPLOAD. OTHERWISE YOUR GAME WILL CRASH WHEN IT LOOKS FOR A CYBERFACE WHICH IF YOU ARE NOT USING MY MODELS.BIG, THE GAME WILL NOT FIND.

If you decide to install my updated files, you must read the readme. I am giving fair warning about this. If you don't read it & your game crashes it is not my fault.

However if you do read it & install both the models.big & the rosters, I guarantee your game will not crash & you will have a game with graphics that are truly amazing. If you have ever wanted a cyberface or uniform upgrade, this file contains EVERY SINGLE CYBERFACE UPLOAD & UNIFORM UPLOAD FROM THIS SITE ALL IN ONE FILE.

One more thing... Anybody who downloads the models.big file has no need to download any other cyberface or uniform file that has been uploaded to this site till today's date of June 27th as of 7:30 edt. Since it's all contained in this file.

Enjoy!

How do install models.big? I downloaded the ace file. Extracted it to the main folder and ran the game rosters worked fine erverything looked good but the game crashes. Could someone please explain to me how to do this. The downloads and stuff on this site are great and I really appreciate everything but the amount of people willing to help with problems seems to be lacking.

there is no 'installing' you just replace the old files with the new ones in the .ace file.

Then why does it keep crashing after i did this? I read that its guaranteed not to crash I believe. Anyone know why?

Note: I played for a couple of months before installing this 0 crashes. After - 2 crashes. I dont want to make it sound like its the creators fault or anything Im sure theyre doing a great job, its probably just something im doing wrong, so can someone please explain it? Thanks

Since installing your Updated rosters with models.big and kc uniforms, and all the cyberfaces my game just keeps on crashing. I've reloaded the game more than 5 times already with at least 3 times where the game just freezes and have to restart my pc and at least 2 times where the game just crashes and goes to the desktop. I'm getting tired of this because before installing it i never had this problem and i haven't been able to complete not 1 single game. If anyone experiences this please help me out. I extracted the models.big into the dada folder and the other stuff into the database folder and overwriting all of them and i've done this now at least 3 times and still nothing fixes it. Some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since installing your Updated rosters with models.big and kc uniforms, and all the cyberfaces my game just keeps on crashing. I've reloaded the game more than 5 times already with at least 3 times where the game just freezes and have to restart my pc and at least 2 times where the game just crashes and goes to the desktop. I'm getting tired of this because before installing it i never had this problem and i haven't been able to complete not 1 single game. If anyone experiences this please help me out. I extracted the models.big into the dada folder and the other stuff into the database folder and overwriting all of them and i've done this now at least 3 times and still nothing fixes it. Some help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im having the exact same problem

thanks for uploading the cyberfaces pack man!

how updated is that thing ?

can this be also used with real manias rosters

thanks

It's updated to now actually. It contains all the cyberfaces up till now.

No, it can't be used with realmania's rosters. It has changed cyberface numbers. The whole point of the upload was for it to work with the rosters I modified. Otherwise you don't need my download anyway. You could download the faces from the mod makers themselves & then compress them & install.

If you want to research every cyberface & then change it in mvpedit using his .mbe file, it will then work with his roster.

Can you overwrite unimachines update with your roster file? I believe it was your last update, prior to KC's uniforms that you show now. I would like to install the latest version you show on the site, without the hassels.

You mean the .mbe file? If so, why would you want to do that anyway? In fact the Umachines update actually contains a more current roster.

First time ive tried this and I know very little about any of these files etc. To get the rosters uniforms etc to work do you just have to simply extract the ace file to your main folder? I did that and started the game but did not notice any changes. Could someone walk me through this step by step? I read the readme but im afraid its over my head :doh: . Sorry if this seems like a stupid question but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, just extract to your main MVP 2005 folder. When you say you did not notice any changes, what were you looking to find? I also need to know which version you downloaded. I have a few versions available to download.

hi schmooz, i redid everything and got it to work... i forgot to download the patch from easports... everything's working find now except that if i sim part of a game and then try to play it, it crashes to desktop. it's not a problem if i play the game from the beginning though. and i think there's a problem with the david bush cyberface. i remember when i downloaded it previously, the game would crash everytime he pitches... same thing is happening now. how can i avoid this? would changing his face# to something generic fix it? thanks again for your help.

I am glad you got it to work. As far as David Bush, I went to him in the player edit screen (He is on the Sky Chiefs) & looked at his cyberface & it looked just fine to me. I don't know why it is crashing by you, but yes, try making a generic face for him & post back your results. (it may not be the face that is causing your problem) I am curious to know because on my machine his face is just fine as I explained above.

Jays roster changes today:

SP Roy Halladay placed on 15-day DL with broken leg.. expected to miss 4-6 weeks

OF Gabe Gross optioned to AAA

RHP's Brandon League and Justin Miller recalled from AAA to fill in bullpen.. Miller in LR and League in MR.. Downs is currently the 5th starter but we have an empty spot in the #1 starter right now and it won't be addressed until after the all-star break but you could put Walker in there for the time being as he has started for the Jays this season twice

hey i downloaded your cyber faces pack and your recent ultimate rosters 2.3 mbe only file

why does my game stuck when i look at the players with cyberfaces in edit player screen ,

is it the total number of entries in the models big file cause im using kc's 1.05 uniforms before i installed the faces

That should not cause your game to become stuck. I am assuming you mean that the game freezes at the screen of the cyberfaces?

Hmmm... if that is it, I am not sure why it does that. Are you getting the cyberface to actually display before your game freezes?

Big,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but the newest models.big you uploaded with KC's uniforms. Does this package contain the minor league updates done by bully?

I ask this because the models.big i am using now is around 400mg, i.e. substantially larger than the file you've just uploaded. Thanks and once again the blood sweat and tears you put in to this project is greatly appreciated.

No it does not contain it. Actually this info is all contained in the readme. Read the different versions I uploaded readme files & see what you like best. They are in the description located on the site here before you download it. Then you can judge which version you like best (or that you like none at all)

Then why does it keep crashing after i did this? I read that its guaranteed not to crash I believe. Anyone know why?

Note: I played for a couple of months before installing this 0 crashes. After - 2 crashes. I dont want to make it sound like its the creators fault or anything Im sure theyre doing a great job, its probably just something im doing wrong, so can someone please explain it? Thanks

Do you have any other mods in the game besides what I uploaded? Also, do you have EA's patch number 2 or later installed?

Archived