Big Shmooz models.big For Ultimate rosters Plus.

big shmooz

The problem with disfigured faces [like with Koo of the Mets or Capuono of the Brewers] is that Terminator Korea and some of jogar's cybers are '04 faces [half faces]. If cyberface is only a half face, you have to make sure you check yes to '04 face under appearance tab in MVPedit where asks if want '04 face. If full face, then check no. These disfigured faces won't always be noticeable at first until you see them on jumbotron. Big Shmooz, do you plan to release version with the corrected cyberfaces? Unfortunately their instructions don't always tell you to check '04 when you install, and with inability to preview faces due to size of models.big, it may be hard to figure out which ones should be '04 faces. So I'm not sure if you could without Korea and jogar's help.

Thanks for pointing this out to all of us. Yes, I did think that half faces needed to be said "yes" in MVP edit. However I did not know those particular faces were 04 faces. Anyway I believe that it was pointed out by DavidWright that if you play in high detail, it will not be messed up. (which is why I never noticed those faces being messed up)

Also, there is a way to view the faces without gfxpak. It is in the eagraph.exe program. All you have to do is load the models.big file with that program & then click on a particular face's fsh file. That opens a option to go to a subfile where the picture can then be viewed by clicking on that subfile.

Anyway, thanks for pointing this out.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if this was posted or not, but I noticed the following faces were not installed in the Umachines version of the models.big

Timo Perez & Iguchi of the White Sox

McPherson of the Angels

Both teams crash because their ID's are on the player, but the file is not in the models. You could either remove the face ID in MVP Edit or use Big GUI to add the faces of those three in (altough for some reason I kept getting errors trying to add Dallas McPherson, so I just gave him a generic face instead).

Also, in the Umachines version, I noticed jersey portraits weren't installed for a few Phillies & Red Sox jerseys.

Great job on these though. Thank you so much for all of your great efforts. This rosters has made my life so much easier.

Thanks for pointing this out. Unfortunately since I am away at a friends house visiting, I can't correct this oversight till I get back.

These coming out for the ps2 (with the unis and cyberfaces?)

I do not believe this is possibile to do. However if it is, I don't know how to do it. (& I do not even own a PS2 or the game, so even if it was possible to do, I would not know how. Since I don't even know the file structure used for this machine.)

Don't know if this was posted or not, but I noticed the following faces were not installed in the Umachines version of the models.big

Timo Perez & Iguchi of the White Sox

McPherson of the Angels

Both teams crash because their ID's are on the player, but the file is not in the models. You could either remove the face ID in MVP Edit or use Big GUI to add the faces of those three in (altough for some reason I kept getting errors trying to add Dallas McPherson, so I just gave him a generic face instead).

Well, I am at my friends house & I downloaded the files & opened biggui & the files are indeed not there. I goofed. Sorry. I need to correct this when I get home.

I know that the Dallas McPherson & Casey Kotchman faces weren't in the models.big file w/ UMachines uni's. I loaded them into the models.big file myself. I haven't checked on Timo Perez or Iguchi.

Yeah, I goofed. I need to upload a version 1.1 when I get back from my friends in the next few days.

Big Shmooz, I play in high detail as well with high end system. During play you won't necessarily notice the face problem in high detail. For instance, you are pitching with Chris Capauno of the Brewers. Although you don't have 04 checked his cyberface will still show up without disfigurement. But when you see him on jumbotron or on replay, he is disfigured. If you have Damian Miller as the catcher without 04 checked. You will see that Damian is disfigured while he is squatting as the catcher.

In the MVP mods general section, I have started a list of cyberfaces by organization that should have 04 faces. I am hoping others will help me identify all the 04 cyberfaces. Hopefully, you can change them for your next release. Here is the link: http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Fo...;t=12579#151630

Thanks for the tip as well on how to view faces.

Big Shmooz, I play in high detail as well with high end system. During play you won't necessarily notice the face problem in high detail. For instance, you are pitching with Chris Capauno of the Brewers. Although you don't have 04 checked his cyberface will still show up without disfigurement. But when you see him on jumbotron or on replay, he is disfigured. If you have Damian Miller as the catcher without 04 checked. You will see that Damian is disfigured while he is squatting as the catcher.

In the MVP mods general section, I have started a list of cyberfaces by organization that should have 04 faces. I am hoping others will help me identify all the 04 cyberfaces. Hopefully, you can change them for your next release. Here is the link: http://www.mvpmods.com/modules.php?name=Fo...;t=12579#151630

Thanks for the tip as well on how to view faces.

Oh cool... Thanks for the link. I wish though that I had read this a few minutes ago, I just uploaded an updated version of the mbe file.

Sorry for double post... mvpmods.com has been messed up as far as the site being down so much lately, & this is why this happened.

Anyway, I updated almost if not all the cyberfaces & will upload it as an mbe file version 1.7 Thanks to Knich.

I dl and installed the updated rosters and models.big etc. Everything was fine except for one face that's a red pattern. No big deal.

However, I hit the White Sox in the schedule and the game crashes to desktop. This happens in PLay Now, after all the roster selections and field etc. selection. The bar gets about half way, then the game crashes to desktop.

So far, it has only crashed when I try to play against the White Sox in Dynasty mode.

Just for the heck of it I tried a quick game in play now mode, and if the White Sox are one of the teams the game crashes.

Can someone help?

Re: the crashing with sox, I tried to import the DAT files and remove the numbers for Iguchi's and Perez's face, then export back to DAT files.

The game still crashes if I try to play a game in which the White Sox are involved.

If you are in the middle of a dynasty or owner mode, changing the face numbers to generic ones won't help, since those rosters in dynasty won't be updated (only the default ones). You would either have to add Timo & Taguchi to the models.big with the numbers that they are allocated in the roster set you are using (I think Timo's needs to be changed to what the .mbe shows). The other option would be to set them to default and then start a new dynasty.

Re: the crashing with sox, I tried to import the DAT files and remove the numbers for Iguchi's and Perez's face, then export back to DAT files.

The game still crashes if I try to play a game in which the White Sox are involved.

Of course that won't work in dynasty mode. Because it's probably other cyberfaces that are incompatble, if you are not using my roster when playing. If you had a dynasty mode started beforehand, you are in fact not using my roster when playing as jscand explained. This is why it crashes.

However in play now it should work if you are using play now (not dynasty). Try reinstalling the mod. Btw... use for the rosters the .mbe file I uploaded (version 1.7) & convert it to be able to play with the updated rsoters. It has corrected issues with cyberfaces as far as 04 faces are concerned. (plus more updated transactions)

I just tested it now. I set up a game with the White Sox verses the Orioles in the White Sox home stadium. Everything is working fine. So you must have done something on your end to cause this crash. As I said, try reinstalling by simply extracting the .ace file you downloaded, directly to the main MVP folder. Then try to play a game with the White Sox. I am assuming you are using the large models.big (601 megs) & you did not adjust anything after downloading. You are playing with all video options on high. Helmet reflections etc... (remember to update the rosters also.) Make sure Iguchi's cyberface number is 655 & Perez's is 650.

I used your roster file, and then started a Dynasty based on it. The White Sox don't work in Dynasty or Play Now.

What do you mean convert to be able to play with the updated rosters? Do you mean export it as a DAT?

I reinstalled the models.big, White Sox still don't work.

I just DL'd the new MBE and loaded it in MVPEDIT. Iguchi's cyberface is 655.

Game still crashes.

I reinstalled MVP, installed again the mod and bigs, the game still crashes.

I just opened up your models.big file schmooz. I found the problem that iluded me. Iguchi's cyber is not present. 655 is not in file. Maybe just an oversight, I imagine. Im gonna go and install it myself. I will check to see if any others are not there also. Great mod though. You def put alot of time and effort thats for damn sure. :hail:

Timo's isnt there either. 650

It wont let me install their faces with gfx.pak. Something about fatal error.............Oh well guess I go back to the way it was. Thought it was gonna be a blast this time. Ill have to take a pass at this point. I did everything that was said. I extracted to the proper folders. I loaded mbe file in mvpedit and exported the file. Everyone who said they got it to work first time try, I dont know how you did it. I followed to the tee what Schmooz wrote down. I dont know whats the problem. Its my luck. Thanks Schmooz, it just wasnt meant to be for me I guess. :wall: :wall: :doh: :eew: :chin: :shrug: :wtg:

Hey,

Is anyone having trouble playing with the Texas Rangers? Whenever I try to play with them, the game crashes right after it loads to start the game.

I noticed in my dynasty that they are all generic 1B. I don't know if this is from this mod or what, but now I have to start my dynasty over again. They've given up 208 runs in 11 games lol.

Is this project going to migrate to UR 2.4? Really appreciate the work done to get the faces & uni's in easier. It's a pain to put them all in one at a time. Thank you for using your spare time to better the game for all. :spin:

big shmooz, from my quick check, looks like you got most all of them. The only two I noticed were:

Gavin Floyd - PHI

Mike Timlin - BOS

Thanks for the great work and help with this. Will your future releases automatically include up to date cyberfaces or are they only in 1.7?

I just opened up your models.big file schmooz. I found the problem that iluded me. Iguchi's cyber is not present. 655 is not in file. Maybe just an oversight, I imagine. Im gonna go and install it myself. I will check to see if any others are not there also. Great mod though. You def put alot of time and effort thats for damn sure. :hail:

Timo's isnt there either. 650

It wont let me install their faces with gfx.pak. Something about fatal error.............Oh well guess I go back to the way it was. Thought it was gonna be a blast this time. Ill have to take a pass at this point. I did everything that was said. I extracted to the proper folders. I loaded mbe file in mvpedit and exported the file. Everyone who said they got it to work first time try, I dont know how you did it. I followed to the tee what Schmooz wrote down. I dont know whats the problem. Its my luck. Thanks Schmooz, it just wasnt meant to be for me I guess. :wall: :wall: :doh: :eew: :chin: :shrug: :wtg:

I don't understand how you can say it's not there. I am looking at all three 650's & 655's in the models.big as I am typing this. Are you sure we are talking about the same models.big? The large one that is 601 megs?

As far as installing, you're right, you can't with gfxpak just like I say in the readme. You can install it using eagraph.exe though & then compress it in biggui. (don't rebuild though) & make sure you only install one set of cyberfaces at a time, then compress & then install the next set compress etc...

Also, you have to change the status of the models.big from read only (as I explain in the readme)

Is there no way to update the rosters in a saved dynasty?

Regardless, re-installing the mod still crashes in Play Now as well as in dynasty.

Pleas tell me exactly whic version you installed of the models.big. Is it the one that weighs in at 601 megs? If so, please tell me literally step by step how you installed it. (Where your main mvp folder is located, what you did with the .ace file etc...)

big shmooz, from my quick check, looks like you got most all of them. The only two I noticed were:

Gavin Floyd - PHI

Mike Timlin - BOS

Thanks for the great work and help with this. Will your future releases automatically include up to date cyberfaces or are they only in 1.7?

Thanks for the heads up on those two that I missed.

Actually I have a 1.8 sitting here with the latest cyberface numbers in it, but I am not uploading it because it will crash people's game unless they download the new updated models.big I uploaded tonight. (because in my models.big I could not use the default numbers for the latest cyberfaces except for players who were updated that already had cyberfaces in the game.) The other players I had to change their numbers. However if you download the latest models.big, all the new cyberfaces are there, plus the roster in that download is updated to the equiv of version 1.8 of the .mbe file.

big shmooz, sorry for the double post. Can I incorporate Mark B's .met Yankees organization in your set or will it cause a crash?

My advice is to try it. However make sure to back up the .mbe file first. Also, you will need it to check the cyberface numbers from my unedited .mbe file which you will then have to edit manually in your new version to get them back to the numbers I had. Otherwise it will either crash or at the very least, you won't be able to see the players faces ingame.

Also, your posted download : Big Shmooz Roster & Models.big (with uniform.big file) version 1.2 is this using KCcitystar uniforms or Moser?

The readme says it's moser. However also KC's are used in that version for his al west extra uni's that he uploaded. (actually if you look through this thread , this question was already asked.)

Archived