Name Brand Catcher's Gear

thespungo

Which TPX gear would you like a shot of?

I will G_D willing upload a shot of John Buck.

Any shot of some TPX gear will do. How about the one with orange and blue? It doesn't matter, as long as I get a good shot like your others...

As for the alpha mask, there should be two catcher's mask .bmp's in the uniform folder -- the actual mask (0005) and the alpha (0005-a).

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spungo... give me a few minutes because I noticed that I have to redo the Royals. I made a mistake not knowing Buck used Nike & used the Mizuno gear.

As far as the Orange & Blue, you mean the Met's gear (with the corrected set) is alright?

As far as the alpha mask, that was exactly my point. The explanation Biker jim gave to put in the the folder where the alpha was contained. However there is no separate folder for the alpha. That was my point. Hence I am not understanding what he is explaining.

Anyway, just to clarify, the file posted of the mask should replace the ALPHA version in order not to have the black covered face as was posted by bigh0rt on page 6 of this thread?

Spungo... give me a few minutes because I noticed that I have to redo the Royals. I made a mistake not knowing Buck used Nike & used the Mizuno gear.

As far as the Orange & Blue, you mean the Met's gear (with the corrected set) is alright?

As far as the alpha mask, that was exactly my point. The explanation Biker jim gave to put in the the folder where the alpha was contained. However there is no separate folder for the alpha. That was my point. Hence I am not understanding what he is explaining.

Anyway, just to clarify, the file posted of the mask should replace the ALPHA version in order not to have the black covered face as was posted by bigh0rt on page 6 of this thread?

Any TPX is fine, I just need a picture of some TPX gear.

As for the mask, there is no separate folder for the alpha, it's all right there in the uniform folder. Replace whatever mask is there with the black mask.

alpha1jd.th.png

I apologize for being so thick, but are you saying that both masks need to be replaced (main & alpha) by your one mask you posted on page 6 of this thread? I don't understand how that is possible, because the mask you posted is not an alpha. So how can the alpha be replaced by your mask? Also, how will you replace both a regular mask & an alpha mask with the exact same graphic? (the mask you posted)

Rename the black mask 0005 and place it in the folder. Click 'yes' to replace. That is all. You're only replacing the masks, not the alphas. Then, your uniform folder should look like mine. With both a black mask (0005) and an alpha (0005-a).

Was there not an alpha in there in the first place? I don't understand what could be causing this confusion.

Rename the black mask 0005 and place it in the folder. Click 'yes' to replace. That is all. You're only replacing the masks, not the alphas. Then, your uniform folder should look like mine. With both a black mask (0005) and an alpha (0005-a).

Was there not an alpha in there in the first place? I don't understand what could be causing this confusion.

See... that's what I would have thought. TILL the post by biker jim. That is what confused me. I don't understand then what he was saying.

Btw... why then was the face black in the pic posted on page 6? Did he replace the alpha INSTEAD of the main graphic?

See... that's what I would have thought. TILL the post by biker jim. That is what confused me. I don't understand then what he was saying.

Btw... why then was the face black in the pic posted on page 6? Did he replace the alpha INSTEAD of the main graphic?

You just posted LoDuca wearing TPX on top and Rawlings on bottom... but it's ok, I'll just roll with it. Thanks a bunch for posting all the screenshots.

As for the alpha mess, the reason it got messed up is because there was no alpha. That'd be my best guess...

You just posted LoDuca wearing TPX on top and Rawlings on bottom... but it's ok, I'll just roll with it. Thanks a bunch for posting all the screenshots.

You're right, but that's because the only TPX catcher's gear shin guards you uploaded are grey or black (the black has a teeny bit of blue) in color.

Correct me if I am mistaken about this.

Jays use the black Easton ones and they use a custom helmet

Yeah, I know Zaun uses the Easton Stealth, but Molina has more at-bats on the season. Who exactly is the starting catcher? No matter the answer, I am including both Zaun's Easton gear and Molina's Nike gear, so you can use whichever you like.

Amazing stuff as always man. Between these and your wristbands, you are the king of gear. Have you thought about looking over shin and elbow protectors?

On another note, you were nominated by Ty for the Forum Fanatics/Mod Squad teams. Check it out (page 5, I think) in the thread in the '06 section.

Amazing stuff as always man. Between these and your wristbands, you are the king of gear. Have you thought about looking over shin and elbow protectors?

On another note, you were nominated by Ty for the Forum Fanatics/Mod Squad teams. Check it out (page 5, I think) in the thread in the '06 section.

Thanks thanks thanks.

If you wanna post the .bmp's for shinguards and elbow protectors, I can take a look at them.

And thanks for pointing me to the Forum Fanatics/Mod Squad thread. I had no idea that was even going on again. I tried to get in on the last one, but my friend Yankee4Life wouldn't let me in. Maybe with a nomination I can sneak by? I dunno...

And where the heck have you been? I haven't seen you here on the site or on AIM in forever. Did you ever get around to looking at the collars on my retro KC jerseys?

Any idea where the .bmps are located within models.big? I'll gladly extract them and post them, if you're willing to work with them.

Any chance of you posting a more vast array of your wristbands for us to play with?

Keep up the great work!

Any idea where the .bmps are located within models.big? I'll gladly extract them and post them, if you're willing to work with them.

Any chance of you posting a more vast array of your wristbands for us to play with?

Keep up the great work!

Wristbands are really the easiest things to mod. Just learn to play around with different textures and you'll be making great looking wristbands in no time. I've already shown you how and where to place the logo, so I think you can handle things from there...

And I have no idea where the shinguards and elbow protectors are.

And I have no idea where the shinguards and elbow protectors are.

Found them. They're in initstaz.big (which means only one brand for all teams), under models/textures/basebody.fsh.

lbgh (black plastic elbow): lbgh0in.png

lbgs (black elbow pad): lbgs5fi.png

lbgw (white plastic elbow): lbgw9yh.png

shnb (black plastic shin): shnb2on.png

shnw (white plastic shin): shnw8xp.png

These are original size.

As far as my absence as of late, I've been extremely busy with work and planning a wedding. Hopefully I'll be back on a more regular basis; besides, I've got a lot of unis to catch up on :oops:

Yeah, I know Zaun uses the Easton Stealth, but Molina has more at-bats on the season. Who exactly is the starting catcher? No matter the answer, I am including both Zaun's Easton gear and Molina's Nike gear, so you can use whichever you like.

Molina actually is the starting catcher and he has a good deal more at-bats than Zaun. Molina has 186 at-bats and Zaun has 119. It's more of a platoon than a true starting catcher/back up situation. Zaun probably plays 1 game out of every 3.. sometimes more often

Found them. They're in initstaz.big (which means only one brand for all teams), under models/textures/basebody.fsh.

lbgh (black plastic elbow): lbgh0in.png

lbgs (black elbow pad): lbgs5fi.png

lbgw (white plastic elbow): lbgw9yh.png

shnb (black plastic shin): shnb2on.png

shnw (white plastic shin): shnw8xp.png

These are original size.

Do you actually want me to mod those? They're really small... I don't really see the point, as any detail I add would hardly be noticed in-game.

They do look real small... however, in case you do decide to play with them some, here's a pic I found:

1623002_z.jpg

IMO, armbands 1 and 3 nobody really uses (especially the white one), so they could even be completely replaced. What about the white shin protector? Does anybody wear that? Or would it possibly be better served being red, which I believe some Phillies do wear?

Archived