Fan View WIP

murph4thehall

Here are early test screens of my Fan View project (posted before as Spectator View, but "Spectator" is harder to type :lmao: ) The Fenway views from the Monster. Wrigley is going to be from the right field bleachers. Each view is unique to the stadium, so you can play them in the same session, i.e. you won't have to switch datafiles. I can also tweak replay cams for individual stadiums. I'm working on changing the left field replay cam in Fenway to the Monster replay cam you see on T.V. Post ideas on fan views for other stadiums.

Photos L/R: Fenway Batting, Fenway Fielding, Wrigley Batting, Wrigley Fielding

07132005000172lb.th.jpg07132005000188yr.th.jpg07132005000057ij.th.jpg07132005000147pj.th.jpg

Monster Replay Cam

07132005000358pu.th.jpg07132005000380il.th.jpg07132005000413fm.th.jpg

Looks great, I would love if it were possible to use that view for the entire game, so you can watch a game from the green monster seats (as opposed to high above) or from the front row of the Wrigley bleachers. I figure as long as the camera follows the ball it'd be usable.

But, I'm just a stadium guy.

Holy Moly. Could this be extended for use in all stadiums, such as the Bleachers, the bullpens or "The Black" in Yankee Stadium?

Yep, and what's better is that you can be in the bleachers at Wrigley, and after that game go be in the black at Yankee Stadium, without changing datafiles. It's going to take a while to do all the stadiums Here's what I'll work on for now:

Bleachers at Wrigley

Monster at Fenway

Pool at BOB

black at YS

somewhere in Atlanta, either the Chop House, Sky Field, or RF Pavilion.

Yep, and what's better is that you can be in the bleachers at Wrigley, and after that game go be in the black at Yankee Stadium, without changing datafiles. It's going to take a while to do all the stadiums Here's what I'll work on for now:

Bleachers at Wrigley

Monster at Fenway

Pool at BOB

black at YS

somewhere in Atlanta, either the Chop House, Sky Field, or RF Pavilion.

Wow. It just shows you what people can come up with just by using some imagination. So simple, yet so great.

Murph, very nice job.

getting closer to smooth transition btwn batting and fielding. Here are screens

L/R: Fenway Batting, Fenway Fielding

07142005000125vu.th.jpg07142005000244hn.th.jpg

The batting view is set. I have to move the fielding camera in closer

So 1) what's a good overlay to use?, 2) Can I shrink PIPbaserunning or at least get rid of it while batting?

Awsome, how is this going to come out though, as a datafile?

it will come out as .txt files that players will import into their datafile.big. Fenway Nite, for example, has a "fenwnite.txt" file in the datafile.big that I modified to get my camera views. Fenway should upload in a couple of days, tops, so you'll be able to see how it works

Looks great, I would love if it were possible to use that view for the entire game, so you can watch a game from the green monster seats (as opposed to high above) or from the front row of the Wrigley bleachers. I figure as long as the camera follows the ball it'd be usable.

But, I'm just a stadium guy.

What he said. Will the cameras be following the ball? I love following the flight of the ball when it goes up in the air, as well as getting great views of the stadiums.

BTW, in Yankee stadium could you make a view from a seat that's really close to the field? Such as front row right behind the 3rd base dugout? My uncle gets me tickets to those seats sometimes. Best seats in the house!

Archived