"Down in the Nest" Jays facepack - patch completed !

The_Jerk

I haven't checked every players you've done or going to do, but I was wondering if you're going to do A.J. Burnett.

The Burnett face I have doesn't look anything like him and it's aggrevating lol.

Just wonderin', thx.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will just suggest that everyone use Kraw's installer thingy. Far less problems and much easier.

Just wondering though, would you guys prefer all the files in one folder or individual folders for each player so you can pick and choose, because I know it takes a lot of roster editing for every guy to work, and it will overwrite a bunch of existing guys (although they are ones who Blue Jays fans will not miss, mostly guys who are retired (Sosa, K. Brown, Daal...) or guys who play for other minor league teams who will never make it to the majors).

So what would you prefer?

One folder, but either way I'll also be installing all of the faces.

jordandejong4mg.jpgpetewalker0he.jpgrondavenport9ko.jpgtonymiller7yv.jpgkyleyates4ob.jpg

Just realized that i forgot to post the Pete Walker preview, so got it up now, and the final version will include 65 players, not 64. I figure if you're playing a dynasty an dyou have 65/100 players with realistic faces, tahts a good percentage to have. ANd I think there will be a few with multiple optons, for example, DeJong, Speier and Janssen will have bearded and shaved verions, and Weber and League will have multiple goggled/coloured goggled/goggless(sp?) versions.

These last few came up much better than I thought. So I think I'm down to a final three now. I couldn't find a good enough picture of Joshua Bell, so I'm going to sub him with AJ Burnett, in addition to Joey Metropolous and Aaron Hill.

As it looks now, I may be able to get it done befor ethe 10th, maybe even by wednesday at the earliest. Also, Kraw has allowed me to include his installer thingy in the final release, which will avoid almost any problem people may have with the installation, so a big thank you to him.

Okay well I'm almost finished putting the install together, took awhile because it wasn't exactly organized while I was doing it. The final release will include:

65 player patches

19 Player Portraits (mostly missing minor league guys)

13 Missing Players (.mep) files that can be imported into your rosters

Syracuse Skychiefs Away Jersey (black version)

New Hockey style Toronto Catcher's mask

Black hat update for the Jays

The last things i have to finish up are the install method instructions for the mask and hats, because I didn't do the full jersey, so you guy s can just import them into the jerseys you already have installed. I also am just working on Burnett's headshape. I had to find a new one becaue he had an 04 style one, and I hate those.

After that I'm just going to put together one big face preview for all the included players, just so some of the people who don't visit this thread can still see what they're getting.

If I work on it more tonight, I can probably release the full mod sometime tomorrow, barring any setbacks, or if I feel like sleeping in.

I'm seriously running out of slots to fit these faces, I'm gonna have to be less picky of who to overwrite.

And after this is done I'm starting a new owner mode, so I will still take requests, but I doubt I'll do an entire organization.

Ya, I'm pumped.

The only thing I wish was better done for my new Blue Jays dynasty would be a better update for the Rogers Center. I hate the color of the grass and dirt in the updated stadium mod right now. It bothers me playing there. lol.

I wish someone could do an awesome update on the RC with alot of blue in the crowd or somethin. At least better grass color and dirt color. Like the Tropicana Stadium upgrade. That one was done very well.

Ya, like the Camden Yards update everyone is wearing Orange, and in the Fenway update everyone is wearing Red.

But the color of the grass and the dirt in the RC update is what bothers me the most. It irritates me badly, and I don't know why.

But the one that EA did was awesome ! I had thought abou doing him, but then when I added him to my roster and saw his, I was surprised at how good it was.

And I wanted to do a Wolverine version of Tallet, I just couldn't find a good enough reference picture.

And just an update, I'm still having problems installing the Skychiefs jersey, and I can't figure out what the problem is. If I can't get it done by tomorrow, I'll just release the mod without it, and then release the jersey whenever I figure it out.

I also had some problems with Burnett's face, the headshapes I've tried still haven't looked right, but I figure I'll finish him up today.

Also, as I think there may be too many problems with releasing .mep files for each missing player, SwinginSoriano has allowed me to update his roster with my updates and I will include the team files, so another big thank you goes out to him. I will include two versions of that, one with all the face IDs updated so you won't have to do any of that yourself, and one without, so you can pick and choose who you want.

I'm just about finished putting together the Read Me file, its taken longer than I anticipated, just because there are several parts to the install, not just for the faces but for the portraits and the rosters, and then a more complicated one for the black hats and catchers mask.

So with those being setbacks, I can see that it probably won't be released tonight, rather sometime afternoon (EST) tomorrow, so I still beat my target date by a day.

Archived