Favorite Baseball Games of All-Time

Guest JWClubbie

Which baseball game series is your favorite of All-Time?  

57 members have voted

1. 1.

• MVP
    • High Heat
    • Triple Play
    • Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
    • World Series Baseball
    • Hardball
    • RBI Baseball
    • Other, Add in your post

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JWClubbie

Atari lynx - baseball heroes

With names like Spitball MaGoo as fictional players in the game, it was pretty fun. Looking back, it really sucked but a sentimental favorite. Must have played it a thousand times.

Now that would be a kick-*** MVPMods sname, or for that matter any sname!

For it's era, I'd say High Heat. Overall, I'd say MVP.

How could ANNYONE say High Heat over annything? Even for its era. I mean, the controlls were definateally the worst controlls I have ever seen, and the player models and cyberfaces looked like absolute crap. (especially for the technology at the time)

But even for the Era, I'd pick Tripple Play over High Heat annyday

All Star Baseball 99, kick *** game. 1 player sucks but doing postseason mode against a person (usually my brother) is awesome. So many moments in that game... Tons of glitches though.

Plus, it's graphics were not rivaled for a good 3+ years.

MVP of course is the best one player game, and with MVPedit, I'll be playing it for a long long time.

How could ANNYONE say High Heat over annything? Even for its era. I mean, the controlls were definateally the worst controlls I have ever seen, and the player models and cyberfaces looked like absolute crap. (especially for the technology at the time)

But even for the Era, I'd pick Tripple Play over High Heat annyday

The gameplay alone would murder Triple Play any day of the week. Back when Triple Play was letting users hit 150 homers per season without using any effort, High Heat was there with probably the best simulation and gameplay engine available at the time. The only other game that had anywhere near the realism of High Heat was OOTP and that was, and still is, purely a sim game.

You wanted graphics, horrible gameplay and lots of homers, you played Triple Play. You wanted realism while sacrificing some graphics (and the old High Heat mod squad took care of that for the most part - shouts to Trues, spitoon and the rest of the crew) and - certainly with the later versions - some stability, you went with High Heat.

Oh, and did I forget to mention that High Heat had an in-game save facility? :wtg:

This is a very hard topic for me to vote on. I've owned a lot of baseball games in my life and I really enjoyed most of them.

The Tony Larussa series would be one of my favorites. I spent most of one summer creating a league for that game and I released it for people on local BBS's.* It got a lot of downloads and people seemed to like it. It was the original 16 teams in baseball that I created and it was tough and fun to play. I also liked Hardball. I got Hardball 3, 4 and 5. I enjoyed Triple Play and some of the games on the Sega Genesis and Nintendo SNES. Of course I loved High Heat and I really like Mvp 2005.

*BBS's: Short for Bulletin Board Systems. Back in the early 90's, these were very popular before the Internet took off. These were local numbers, so the people you dealt with on a BBS were people you lived near. You could chat, exchange files, play games, etc. It's doubtful that they are around much anymore because the drawback to them was there was a limited amount of open lines you could connect to on the BBS. If a sysop (System Operator) had 10 lines open for use and they were all taken, you had to wait to be online. Also, it was very limited to hold files on certian boards because you would be running the board off of someone's hard drive a lot of times.

*BBS's: Short for Bulletin Board Systems. Back in the early 90's, these were very popular before the Internet took off. These were local numbers, so the people you dealt with on a BBS were people you lived near. You could chat, exchange files, play games, etc. It's doubtful that they are around much anymore because the drawback to them was there was a limited amount of open lines you could connect to on the BBS. If a sysop (System Operator) had 10 lines open for use and they were all taken, you had to wait to be online. Also, it was very limited to hold files on certian boards because you would be running the board off of someone's hard drive a lot of times.

Ahaha I remember thoes. *sigh* The first Mesage Boards that brings back memories

The Tony Larussa series would be one of my favorites.

I forgot about this one. Very good game for its time. I still have all the disks for the game. I have like 15 disks because it was such a good game I bought all the expansion packs. Ya 15 because they are 3 1/2 floppies.

If im not mistaken they can out with a game patch and sent it to you for free. it came on a 3 1/2 floppy. Now that is how a company is supposed to do business.

Archived