Favorite Baseball Games of All-Time

Guest JWClubbie

Which baseball game series is your favorite of All-Time?  

57 members have voted

1. 1.

• MVP
    • High Heat
    • Triple Play
    • Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
    • World Series Baseball
    • Hardball
    • RBI Baseball
    • Other, Add in your post

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite baseball game of all time, if you promise not to laugh, was for the NES and was:

NESLittle%20League%20Baseball.jpg

I've logged more hours on this video game than any other. 15 years later, I can still tell you the best teams, the best players, construct the perfect New York lineup to win the series and let you in on the secret that if you bunted to first with Wilbur you would always ALWAYS be safe. I bunted approximately 8,000 times. Safe on each one.

nes-littleleague1.gif

My favorite memories of this game are of my Dad coming home from work, showering, eating dinner, and then suggesting we go play a baseball game. I went back and forth between Texas and New York. He went with Florida or California, who, if I'm not mistaken, featured a guy named Biff that could pummel the ball. Oh hey, there's Biff in this picture:

nes-littleleague2.gif

If I still had a working NES at home, we'd still be playing. The music in this game is awesome too, and the way they use music for the umpires' voices and you get used to a specific tone of music meaning strike, or out, or safe. And I loved that, despite emphasizing good sportsmanship, when the batter struck out, he'd bang his bat on the plate.

Apparently no ROMs exist for this game on the 'net anymore, according to Google. I've got one on my computer though, and I still play it.

EDIT: Nevermind http://www.i-mockery.com/classicgames/roms...ship_series.zip

--Eric

I would have to go in the basement and look at the disks to see what company made the game, but that company new how to satisfiy it customers. they just keep adding on to the game. There was the expansions that you said and also a stadium upgrade pack. I wish Ea would do the same.

Holy crap! AstroEric, thanks for reminding me about that game. I used to play it all the time when I was little...

You're welcome, Spiv. I grew up very poor, so I didn't get new games and had a hand-me-down system. I bought Little League from our local Putt-Putt used for $4, and it was the best $4 I ever spent.

--Eric

You're welcome, Spiv. I grew up very poor, so I didn't get new games and had a hand-me-down system. I bought Little League from our local Putt-Putt used for $4, and it was the best $4 I ever spent.

--Eric

MVP is the best baseball game, but Ill say Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball you know why. :D

I would have to go in the basement and look at the disks to see what company made the game, but that company new how to satisfiy it customers. they just keep adding on to the game. There was the expansions that you said and also a stadium upgrade pack. I wish Ea would do the same.

The company that made the Tony Larussa games was Stormfront Studios. They still are in business. The latest game they made was The Lord of the Rings:the Two Towers. I didn't know that because I don't play role playing crap. They even have a webpage right here

Guest JWClubbie

My favorite as a kid was Ken Giffey Jr. MLB for SNES. Now MVP forever. Had a little RBI Baseball fun in the Norfolk Tides clubhouse in 2004 when Tom Wilson (now with Colorado Springs) spanked me like 15-0. That is a fun game! Best game I ever had in Video Game Baseball was in like 1997 or 98 when Jr. Griffey Baseball was out. I took my hometown Florida Marlins to the World Series. We played Oakland. I had Charlie Hough up their on the mound, he won 3 games in te series for me, and had my only no-hitter ever in game 7! That was the only game I played up until I got a PS2, The MLB series for PS2 was not bad.

And there's another one besides that little league game, which I owned also by the way. I loved that game. NES had a game called "Baseball Stars" and it was pretty good. Here's a screenie:

basestar.gif

Here's a review of this game right here.

A friend of mine had Baseball Stars, I think. It had stats. He never would let me borrow it because he was scared I'd screw up his stats.

--Eric

You know why? Because the game would lose your stats very easily. I made a league in that once and I had to start all over twice because the NES lost my work. It really is hard to screw up someone's stats in there once they have their team built. Damn, I built a Yankee team so good in that game I was unbeatable. Those were nice days.

I don't want to Quote YANKEE4LIFE's post because it has photos. All I would like to say is that I Still have the original Tony LaRussa and that game is awsome. there was a game for the seca that was really good that had a memory battery chip in it that was pretty good?

Its really neat that you posted that box shot. I have the same game with all the updates.

How old are you?

haha was annybody as much of a fan of "Backyard Baseball" when it came out? and the MLB Edition too (which added 32 kid versions of maijor leaguers) I loved that game :)

The PC version by the way

There was Backyard Baseball 2001 which was the first version with the Pros, but my favorite version was...

B0000645ZF.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

*sigh* Mike Piazza when he was a god :)

Kid Version Of Randy Johnson =D

I played Backyard Baseball. And I always picked Randy Johnson, because he had such low self-esteem. Seriously, when you clicked on him, he'd say, "You don't have to pick me, you know...if you don't want to," and when he'd come up bat, he'd say, "B-B-B-Be nice to me. I'm just a pitcher and I don't hit so well."

I also picked up the two Italian siblings and a couple of other people I felt sorry for. Still won alot though. I love how the kids would fall down when they'd throw.

--Eric

I played Backyard Baseball. And I always picked Randy Johnson, because he had such low self-esteem. Seriously, when you clicked on him, he'd say, "You don't have to pick me, you know...if you don't want to," and when he'd come up bat, he'd say, "B-B-B-Be nice to me. I'm just a pitcher and I don't hit so well."

I also picked up the two Italian siblings and a couple of other people I felt sorry for. Still won alot though. I love how the kids would fall down when they'd throw.

--Eric

Yeah, I loved that game. I remember when I was like 12, I picked up that game once (I hadnt played in about a year or so), and I wanted to see how manny runs I could score in 1 inning and I think my alltime record was 125 runs in an inning.

Believe me, I owned with Mike Piazza :)

(man, I wish I was into Modding and stuff back then, I probally could have modded the heck out of thet with roster updates and stuff)

The best game since High Heat and MVP?

This puppy right here:

videog7zs.gif

Oh yes, fun times I had pitching with Irabu when he was a yankee, and cranking homers out with Griffey on the Mariners.

6346205xw.jpg

This game stood the test of time on the N64 and I still play it...hell I no-hit the 98 Yankees with the 98 D'Backs!

-KC

Archived