Trues Hi Res MLB baseball looks great (Screenies included)

Yankee4Life

I was curious today to see this new mod that made the baseball in the game look more brighter and official and Trues really did the job on this one. I started a quick game with the Yankees and the Rangers and I was able to tell right away the difference. Then lazy Alfonso Soriano* came up to the plate. I figured I'd try something else. So I drilled the good for nothing loafer right in the ribs. And I got some screenshots. The first two are just to laugh at him. But look at the third one, you can see the ball very well in this image.

Where to get this download: Right here!

*Yeah but Y4L, sniffle, sniffle boo hoo hoo, why did you hit Alfonso Soriano?? That's not right. Didn't he used to play for the Yankees? Yes, dear reader, he did. And a lot of the time that he wore the pinstripes he was brilliant. But who else besides us Yankee fans can recall what he did in the playoffs against Boston and the World Series against Florida? All pitchers did was pitch him low and outside. Low and outside. Low....AND...outside. It got so predictable that the entire ballpark KNEW what was going to be the next pitch to him, except of course for sh**for brains Soriano. That's why he got it. Also, it's my game. I hit the guy because I wanted to. Enjoy the screenshots.

KAPOW!!!!!!!!!!! Randy Johnson hits Mr. Wonderful.

No Alfonso, that pitch was not low and outside. It was high and at your head.

What's this topic about again? Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Look at the hi-res ball by our man Trues. Great job. Alfonso Soriano can rest assured he has just been hit by a high resolution official Major League Baseball.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, this would be ok if it weren't for the fact a baseball is never, ever, ever, ever pure white and clean. Have you ever watched or played baseball? They intentionally make the balls dirty before every MLB game, too.

Hmm, this would be ok if it weren't for the fact a baseball is never, ever, ever, ever pure white and clean. Have you ever watched or played baseball? They intentionally make the balls dirty before every MLB game, too.

Yeah, I realize that. I experimented with it but, it's too hard to see when fielding.

I tried downloading this ball but it didn't work.

Anyone want to give me step by step instructions. (maybe on which folders to use)

Just extract the contents of the zip to your main MVP Baseball directory and run the ball.bat file.

The new dirty ball looks great in the pic but when playing with it in a day game, it was just too dark for me. Remember, even though balls are rubbed with the special mud, they dont get that dark for safety reasons. Also, remember new balls are constantly entered into play usually after just a few pitches due to foul balls into stands, players throwing balls to fans, or the Ump just replacing a ball that got a scuff on it, etc.

This new dirty ball would be much better historically when used in the Total Classics era back before when they would persistently place a new ball in the game for safety reasons. So, I switched back to Trues clean white ball.

Also, is this new dirty ball a little smaller in size compared to Trues clean ball? It seemed so to me. If it is, can we get a smaller clean ball too?

I agree with the dirty ball being too dark. When you are pitching you can't tell the difference but when you bat, you DO see it. Making it a bit more white(but not clean white as that would be unreleastic) would be nice. Anyways, GREAT JOB!

Archived