Requirements for MVP 06- The MLB Version

NYM

Like I have tried before to get MVP 05 for the PC it just never worked out. But with no MVP MLB coming out I want to be able to download this game. Now I have MVP 2005 for the PC. The problem is the game comes out really funny. I can see through the players and everything is bright. Im guessing something is wrong with my video card. Can anyone help me find a video card for my computer that would work good.

This is my computer:

Dell Dimension 2400

Processor: Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz processor, 400Mhz FSB (100MHzx4)

Chipset: Intel 845GV chipset

Videocard: Integrated Intel Extreme graphics

Sound: Integrated Soundmax Sound

Memory: 256MB PC-2700 DDR memory (one module)

Networking: Integrated 10/100 Ethernet

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 40GB ATA/100 7200RPM hard drive

CDROM: Hitachi 48X CD-ROM drive

Monitor: 19" Dell brand M992 monitor (max 1600x1200 @ 75Hz, .24 Dot pitch)

Software Setup WindowsXP Home Edition

Accessories Logitech MX500 optical scroll mouse

Altec Lansing 2 speaker system

Dell PS/2 keyboard

PCI 56K modem

Microphone

I got a 128 Mb Radeon 9600 Pro video card about a year ago for $110 at Newegg.com. I just checked and you can now get the same card for less than $80. While it may not be state of the art, I have been very happy with it for all of the games I play (MVP2005, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty).

I would also suggest you get some more memory for your PC (at least another 256 Mb).

My PC is very similar to yours. The only differences are that I have a Dimension 4600 with a 2.8 GHz Intel processor, an 80 Gb hard drive, and 1 Gb of RAM.

I was having the same exact problem with my MVP game:

MVPproblem.jpg

what you need to do is turn off helmet reflections in the display menu. the players will now appear slightly less brighter and you won't be able to see through them anymore. The one bad thing is that the helmets will now look kind of weird but it isn't that bad

I got a 128 Mb Radeon 9600 Pro video card about a year ago for $110 at Newegg.com. I just checked and you can now get the same card for less than $80. While it may not be state of the art, I have been very happy with it for all of the games I play (MVP2005, Medal of Honor, Call of Duty).

I would also suggest you get some more memory for your PC (at least another 256 Mb).

My PC is very similar to yours. The only differences are that I have a Dimension 4600 with a 2.8 GHz Intel processor, an 80 Gb hard drive, and 1 Gb of RAM.

Thanks. With the video card, would you mind taking a screenshot of what it looks like in-game. Also would this video card work with my computer? I heard the 2400 cant have a certain type of video card because it doesn't have some sort of slot.

On the memory part, how do I do this. How do I know how much I have?

Thanks for all the help.

Can anyone help me find a video card for my computer that would work good.

Videocard: Integrated Intel Extreme graphics

Almost anything will be better than your integrated graphics. I can help pick something out. How much do you want to spend? And do you have an AGP slot? PCI-express? PCI?

Almost anything will be better than your integrated graphics. I can help pick something out. How much do you want to spend? And do you have an AGP slot? PCI-express? PCI?

I remeber it was one of those slots is what I didn't have. i think it was the AGP. I'll do some more research on the 2400. See what kind of slots ist has, doesnt have.

with all these video problems, why hasn't anyone tried to import the graphics engine for MVP 04 into MVP 05? is that even possible?

What do you mean by "all these video problems"? Plenty of people have been playing MVP2005 with no problems at all. MVP2004 and MVP2005 are two completely separate programs, and you can't simply pull pieces of one and put it into the other game, since each game comes as a single executable (.exe) file.

All of the mods we do are to the data files (stadiums, rosters, portraits, faces, etc.) that are part of the game. The actual graphics engine is part of the coding of the executable file and can't be modified.

If you are talking about MVP 06 the mod (not MVP 06 NCAA baseball which isn't coming out on PC...) the system requirements will be the same as 2005, simply because there is no choice. Of course, all new textures will be 2X so there will be a need for increased performance. That hasn't been quantified though.

What PCI video cards are good? I'm looking for something under $100. Also, how do I increase my memory? Performance?

Your best option would be something like this:

(GeForce 6200 PCI) http://www.chumbo.com/Info.aspx?id=304966

Unfortunately, it's out of stock right now. But if you're willing to wait, that is the way I would go since you're limited to PCI. Also, with the ~$20 or so below $100 I'd try to spend it on a 256 MB stick of RAM which you could probably find for $25-$35 online or even on sale at a place like Best Buy.

If you don't want to wait, get something like this:

(GeForce FX5700) http://store.yahoo.com/hoct12/vgaa7.html

or

(9250 Radeon) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814131411

And still, try and get the stick of RAM.

Any of these upgrades will make a huge difference compared to what you have now.

What PCI video cards are good? I'm looking for something under $100. Also, how do I increase my memory? Performance?

The manual that came with your PC should explain how to add memory and the type and amount of memory that it can support. It's usually just a matter of adding a stick or two.

I've added memory on both my PC's and it was very simple. I bought mine at http://www.crucial.com. They have a memory advisor tool that allows you to select the proper memory for your specific model of PC.

I just purchased the ATi Radeon 9550 256 MB Graphics Card for $60.

Its a HUGE improvement over integrated graphics and runs Call of Duty 2, Madden NFL, and MVP Baseball 2005 with NO problems. Its a good card for the price and i would highly recommend it.

If you don't mind mail-in rebates, Best Buy and CompUSA are good places to start.

The dell 2400 does not have any AGP slots so you are stuck with PCI. Get at least a 128mb pci card or 256mb pci card. A 256 will not make any difference from a 128 because everything is bottlenecked with a PCI card.

You should get a 512 stick of memory but a 256 might be ok. You have two memory slots in the 2400 so you have one open already.

Also, before you install the new card disable your integrated card through the device manager.

I also have a 2400.....:(

XPS for me in the fall hopefully....:)

Archived