Site Issues

Trues

Is the site crazy slow for everyone right now or is it just me... it takes me about 45 secs to load a page and i usually am able to download at about 400 kb/s from the site and im getting a range of 10-60 kb/s... is my internet wacked (i have cable) or is everyone else experiencing this too?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the site crazy slow for everyone right now or is it just me... it takes me about 45 secs to load a page and i usually am able to download at about 400 kb/s from the site and im getting a range of 10-60 kb/s... is my internet wacked (i have cable) or is everyone else experiencing this too?

Same here I have cable as well.

Interesting, it says Contributors group access is required now.

Seems like a good idea to me, well, that is, if the actual modders who created the mods are allowed access too :p

Absolutely, I'm working my way there. :)

Interesting, it says Contributors group access is required now.

Seems like a good idea to me, well, that is, if the actual modders who created the mods are allowed access too :p

Unfortunately, for someone like me, its kind of hard to donate when you are under the age of majority and don't have a credit card. Or when your parents think baseball is stupid and kids need to spend some more time studying. I'm sorry, I think the concept is great don't get me wrong, and btw, i have put up some mods, newbish as they may be, it was still hard for me as this is the first time I've delved into such projects, but it just isnt feasable for some people. This site is great because it allowed a simple computer game to turn into a 30 000 + communtiy. IMO restricting the fine work the modders do would hamper that. If this does go through though, we'll still have the beloved forums.

Unfortunately, for someone like me, its kind of hard to donate when you are under the age of majority and don't have a credit card. Or when your parents think baseball is stupid and kids need to spend some more time studying. I'm sorry, I think the concept is great don't get me wrong, and btw, i have put up some mods, newbish as they may be, it was still hard for me as this is the first time I've delved into such projects, but it just isnt feasable for some people. This site is great because it allowed a simple computer game to turn into a 30 000 + communtiy. IMO restricting the fine work the modders do would hamper that. If this does go through though, we'll still have the beloved forums.

Fred, Trues understands the concept that the vast majority of people here aren't monetary contributors, but obviously, something had to be done to fix the bandwidth problems for the time being, and the feasible solution was to let those who paid download the mods.

What other factors determine this special group? I've contributed advice in the past, especially during the actual season of mvp 05, helping with stadium and cyberface projects based on my knowledge. I am a regular, but I do not post (since I don't find a need to post most of the time). What are chances that this type of person is eligible?

What other factors determine this special group? I've contributed advice in the past, especially during the actual season of mvp 05, helping with stadium and cyberface projects based on my knowledge. I am a regular, but I do not post (since I don't find a need to post most of the time). What are chances that this type of person is eligible?

Many factors will be considered. Helping out other members in the forums is a huge contribution in my book. Once I have the group completed, it will be opened up for people to apply.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'd be more than willing to host a mirror of some files on my server. Of course it's up to the modder to allow permission, but my offer is on the table.

I appreciate the offer, anything will help. You can add a mirror to any download from the 'Add your mirror" link at the top of every download details page.

The only things are, A-I cant get to the downloads section, and B-I don't want to go against any of the modders will.

A - You do have access now. :)

B - Adding a mirror is NOT going against any modders will.

I want to contribute my mod, but I can't get into the downloads section. I was planning on releasing it when the dl's were back up, but can someone help me get in, or something to that extent?

I do wanna download too. :)

hey man, thats pretty cool, what mod were you making?

Archived