Site Issues

Trues

Let me see if I can find the FTP info for my sub-domain, I have a lot of webspace. I'll mirror files, but let me make sure I find that information first.

Also I was thinking to stick to specific groups. Such as maybe I would have stadiums, or roster and roster related things, etc. Makes it easier on people looking for a mirror of specifics.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been around for a long time but I've been a member since last year. I mainly read the forums and I reply if I know the answer to something. I don't know if that counts for anything but I really really want to download mods (haha don't we all). I've actually stopped playing the game because I can't download any mods.

Anyhow, I just wanna ask if you could at least bring back the ability to search mods so that I can see what I'm missing out on.

Thanks.

Everyone, calm down. Trues is doing his best to see who deserves to download these mods and whatnot. Remember, Trues probably has a life outside of this site. Take a small vacation from MVP or something and just wait for Trues.

Everyone, calm down. Trues is doing his best to see who deserves to download these mods and whatnot. Remember, Trues probably has a life outside of this site. Take a small vacation from MVP or something and just wait for Trues.

*nods* Well I have the webspace, I rather earn my spot as a contributor.

One reason for me wanting to download things right now is that I have -no- mods currently - as I have been dealing with hardware issues and haven't been able to play MVP 05 this year.

Trues, I have a question for you, I woulod love to donate but as I said before, no credit card, no paypal. I am saving my money right now as I need to pay my own way to university next year because I want to come to te states. i have some cash lying stored up that I can donate soon, but the only way i would be able to do it would be through a money order. Is there anyway I can send a money order or is paypal the only way? Thanks.

^ this probably should be a pm not a message for everyone to read. As I posted earlier and quickly got a response, donating doesn't give you the RIGHT to download it is still a privilege.

All the modders work hard to put the stuff together and donating isn't a source of revenue for trues, just support for paying for the site.

I'm sure if they look into it they could possibly find a way to get a deal to pay off the site, but thats neither here nor there.

If we all hold our cheeks together(LOL) and stop asking stupid questions that everyone else has already posted, we may get our wishes granted sooner. There is a search forum link conviently positioned under the Forums heading.

Trues, I have a question for you, I woulod love to donate but as I said before, no credit card, no paypal. I am saving my money right now as I need to pay my own way to university next year because I want to come to te states. i have some cash lying stored up that I can donate soon, but the only way i would be able to do it would be through a money order. Is there anyway I can send a money order or is paypal the only way? Thanks.

I'm sure if you would really want to, you can mail a money order to Trues himself for a contribution. That's one way to do it.

That's true, he does have a full time job and a family away from this place that does take up a lot of time. But believe me when I say this, limiting access to who gets to download mods is the last thing he wants to do on here. In a perfect world we would want it to be that everyone who is on here can download what they want without having anything taxed on the server. I honestly wish it were like this now.

And think about this: very soon Mvp 06 and Total Classics Phase 6 will be released. Both are big downloads, over 200 mg. Both will be in very high demand. Can you imagine how this would be and how taxing it would be on the server when those come out?

I know this suggestion has come up before, but why can't the big downloads (like anything over 100 megs or so, especially the MVP06 update and Total Classics update), be made into a torrent, so that we share everyone's bandwidth, not just the site.

The issue thats been brought up in any other posts about it is legality, but BitTorrent is an entirely legal protocol used for many legitimate purposes such as distributing linux distros.

I know some people don't like this idea, but it definitely would lower the bandwidth used by a great deal if people just downloaded a 15kb torrent file from the site instead of the full mods.

Hmm... I am a bit confused about all this website mumbo jumbo so tell me if what I am getting out of this is correct. Basically this website is getting too bing the server crashed-overloaded. Now we need to trin the un-needed stuff to make room. And eventually you will be able to d/l without subscribing?

Not sure - please affirm/disagree

Trues, this is probably the least of your concerns, but with the merging of the 'modders' group with the 'contributors' group, modders no longer have access to the modders den forum.

Obviously it's not important at all as the forum was used infrequently anyway, just pointing it out.

Man if I have to pay, I lost all respect for MVPMods.

Plus isn't illegal? You're taking profit for your mods.

Same here. Well a little bit. I thought the whole reason for the site was to get mods for free, and stray away from other sites that you need to pay for mods.

On the other hand it's only five bucks for so many mods. It's a great price, and if it pays for the bandwith, I'll be more than happy to pay.

The only problem I have is I can't do it via paypal because I don't have a credit card.

Archived