Fort Lauderdale Stadium WIP

The Big O

I felt that with Spring Training coming up it was time for me to tackle a ST stadium and what better than the Orioles spring home of Fort Lauderdale Stadium seen here:

fs.jpg

Using the removable.o techniques discovered by MarlinsMY I am going to attempt to use ST #3 as a base and combine it with elements of ST #2. ST #3 was a great base but one thing needed to go...

fl.jpg

Now with that huge stadium in RF out of the way it was time to merge the two stadiums together...

fl2.jpg

As you can see there is quite a mess, but with a lot of OEditing and remapping I expect to have a decent finshed product to use for Spring Training or Exhibition games. Stay tuned... :wink:

Well I spent a lot of time on this one today and it is starting to take shape. I need to play around with the outfield walls a little, unfortunately seeing as though the real stadium walls are more circular than angular it won't be exactly like the real stadium but will be a decent representation. Also I'm not sure about getting rid of all those trees in the background. There is a practice field right behind the LF fence and it used to be surrounded by hedges which I would guess looking at a recent shot, were blown away when Wilma hit. Anyway I still plan to use the ST #2 bonus field (batting game field) to depict the practice field. You can see a few pics below of my overall progress.

fl4.jpg

fl3.jpg

I've made some more progress on this mod, but will be out of town the next few days so I won't get to finish it until probably next week. All of the fences have been moved as close to their proper locations as possible and the collision data has been changed (Thanks for the help Sean O! :D ). The walls are all at a height of 8 ft. I added the batter's eye hedge in CF and completely got rid of the background of ST #3 and replaced it with some minimal scenery seen behind the stadium. I think I plan on keeping it this way as all the hedges that surrounded the practice field behind LF no longer exist thanks to Hurricane Wilma. I also moved a row of palm trees behind the LF wall as they are about the only trees left actually standing. I grabbed some bleachers from the extra field in ST #2 and put them behind the RF fence as they are there in the real stadium. I hope to move a few fans over there eventually. You can see a few screenshots of my progress below.

fl5.jpg

fl6.jpg

The hardest part of this will now be the press box and grandstands which will involve a major combination of ST#2 and #3. I hope to tackle these first thing next week.

Well TT I hope you weren't too attached to that hedge in CF because it is history, replaced by a wall for the batter's eye. Hurricane Wilma apparently did more damage then I thought. All of the OF walls were blown away and had to be replaced - meaning new ads. So I have seen a few pics and clips here and there and have tried to replicate them and their position the best I can but there are a few I am still missing. All of the practice field walls were blown away as well and have been replaced by chain link fence covered with a green tarp or vinyl canvas of some sort so I will try to add the fences for the practice field as well.

With those setbacks however, I have made some major progress on the grandstand by adding the press box area and extending the canopy on the first and third base sides and will attempt to add more seating. I also have added the fencework to the back of the grandstand and have given the crowd an Orioles flavor. I also changed the grass and dirt textures to be similar to ones in my Oriole Park and Fenway mods. Here's a screenshot below:

fl7.jpg

Overall this mod is a lot more complex than I imagined but seeing as though this is the first stadium I really have really significantly altered as far as the structure goes, I guess it was to be expected. I am really looking forward to the finished product of this thing as I hope you all are as well. Well back to work! :D

It's been awhile since I gave an update on this project. Anyway I've altered the dimensions again seeing as though the warning track juts in on both the first and third base sides. The extra seating has been added to the stadium bowl, but the crowd has not. I intend on grabbing another crowd file from another stadium, but given the painstaking process of moving all the crowd I will be doing this last. Fencing has been added along to both baselines and all the collision data has been changed (it's kinda neat to see foul balls bounce against the fence). I have seen all of the ads I was missing except for one so I've duplicated them the best I can until I can get real pictures of them. The walls are almost done with a few tweaks still needed. You can see a pic below of RF:

fl10.jpg

Behind the stadium apparently is Ft. Lauderdale Executive Airport (basically right next to it) so i have altered the background to reflect this. More palm trees have also been moved to their proper location. Also I have started fixing up the practice field beyond LF, I still need to finish the fencing and add the backstop behind that home plate. You can see a pic below:

fl9.jpg

Lot's more to do, but it's starting to take shape. Stay tuned! :wink:

Archived