Legends Field (NYY Spring Training) v. 1 Released

MarlinsMY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry that the work has been going slowly, but I have a lot of schoolwork to do. Here's two shots of the right side of ads. Right now, it's just the ads themselves, and hopefully I will add an effect to make them appear that they are tarps as in the real Legends Field. (The Chase Bank ad is just a place holder... I created the hockey ad that is supposed to be there, but I accidently saved over it making another ad, so it will have to be re-done.)

Getting the ads to display correctly is a very inconvenient process, but as more of them are added, it is beginning to look pretty good.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Progress is going very slowly. I haven't touched it in about a month; maybe more. I had a lot of other stuff going on (finishing up the school year being the biggest). I have finished the outfield ads except for the top of the wall, and the scoreboard is now functioning, because I think it's in a more accurate place than it was it previous updates. I don't have too much to do this week, as school just ended and I'm starting an internship next week, so I might have time to work more on Legends. Until then, here are screenshots of the wall & scoreboard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately, I didn't really have much of a chance to work on the stadium over the summer. It's a really hard project to get into, since there are two files providing the major geometry. There are a few small developments, however. Note that the stadium really has a long way to go - I'm just showing really tight shots to make it look good. :lol: Most notably, the perimeter walls need to be retextured so they are all blue. Anyway, the screenshots:

• 4 months later...

any news? was this ever released?

Not yet - it's getting closer to release. I hope that it will be done before/during Spring Training, but I can't make any guarantees.

I can say what's been done since the last update.

1. First and foremost, both bullpen areas have been developed. The first base side was created first, and it took probably 6 hours or so to make. Shown here is the third base side, which probably didn't take so long since I knew how I wanted to structured things. Unfortunately, it still looks rather basic, but I still would like to add more of the fences and other things that each bullpen has.

2. All of the non-ad walls are now blue. Unfortunately, it's a solid blue. Because of the complexity of the wale part's mapping, it's impossible to create the illusion of panels - or at least it's impossible now that I've messed it up...

3. Ground all the way around the visible part of the stadium has been placed. Since Yankee Stadium is an enclosed entity, EA didn't care to add any ground. This was also pretty grueling - it took all of last night. The mapping is pretty rough, but I just cared about seeing it function in the game. Unfortunately, I used mstadium.o, so at the moment some pieces are disappearing at some angles. I can't switch mstadium and removable, because then the pieces of removable.o wouldn't be visible. I might end up essentially re-building my ground in the current removable.o by finding parts that share a common texture.

4. The sky/luxury/pressboxes have been added. The pillars that hold the "Y-A-N-K-E-E-S" signs also separate each skybox, but for the time being, they are 2D. If I can find enough polygons somewhere, I'll eventually make those 3D as well. In the picture, you'll see the facade is stretched in this place. It's pretty hard to edit well, so I've been avoiding it - hopefully, it will be eventually evenly-spaced.

5. Remember the rotating Yankee logo animated screen from EA's Yankee Stadium? I've converted that to the backstop ad board - in the last screenshot, you can see a graphic with a "1" and a smiley face. That was my test. Using ganim.csv, it now gives a different ad every inning (the same way the inning number on the scoreboard is changed). I'll have authentic ads, seen during the 2006 Spring Training games. I haven't made those up there, but I know the technology works.

Anyway, with all that over, here's the list of what I have to do (I've probably forgotten some things):

1. Change background (we're not in New York!)

2. Add Raymond James Stadium (in the RF background)

3. Make backstop ads

4. Rework the ground

5. Make the slybox pillars 3D

6. Rework the facade

7. Add a "tarp" texture to the outfield ads

8. Add the practice fields?

9. Change datafile (camera angles/bullpen and dugout locations) - don't know how to do

10. Work on colors/shading (the biggest and most daunting task!)

Thanks for the interest.

Not yet - it's getting closer to release. I hope that it will be done before/during Spring Training, but I can't make any guarantees.

I can say what's been done since the last update.

1. First and foremost, both bullpen areas have been developed. The first base side was created first, and it took probably 6 hours or so to make. Shown here is the third base side, which probably didn't take so long since I knew how I wanted to structured things. Unfortunately, it still looks rather basic, but I still would like to add more of the fences and other things that each bullpen has.

2. All of the non-ad walls are now blue. Unfortunately, it's a solid blue. Because of the complexity of the wale part's mapping, it's impossible to create the illusion of panels - or at least it's impossible now that I've messed it up...

3. Ground all the way around the visible part of the stadium has been placed. Since Yankee Stadium is an enclosed entity, EA didn't care to add any ground. This was also pretty grueling - it took all of last night. The mapping is pretty rough, but I just cared about seeing it function in the game. Unfortunately, I used mstadium.o, so at the moment some pieces are disappearing at some angles. I can't switch mstadium and removable, because then the pieces of removable.o wouldn't be visible. I might end up essentially re-building my ground in the current removable.o by finding parts that share a common texture.

4. The sky/luxury/pressboxes have been added. The pillars that hold the "Y-A-N-K-E-E-S" signs also separate each skybox, but for the time being, they are 2D. If I can find enough polygons somewhere, I'll eventually make those 3D as well. In the picture, you'll see the facade is stretched in this place. It's pretty hard to edit well, so I've been avoiding it - hopefully, it will be eventually evenly-spaced.

5. Remember the rotating Yankee logo animated screen from EA's Yankee Stadium? I've converted that to the backstop ad board - in the last screenshot, you can see a graphic with a "1" and a smiley face. That was my test. Using ganim.csv, it now gives a different ad every inning (the same way the inning number on the scoreboard is changed). I'll have authentic ads, seen during the 2006 Spring Training games. I haven't made those up there, but I know the technology works.

Anyway, with all that over, here's the list of what I have to do (I've probably forgotten some things):

1. Change background (we're not in New York!)

2. Add Raymond James Stadium (in the RF background)

3. Make backstop ads

4. Rework the ground

5. Make the slybox pillars 3D

6. Rework the facade

7. Add a "tarp" texture to the outfield ads

8. Add the practice fields?

9. Change datafile (camera angles/bullpen and dugout locations) - don't know how to do

10. Work on colors/shading (the biggest and most daunting task!)

Thanks for the interest.

Looking good, it's nice to see another mod with animation. Those default EA animations stunk but they sure were great to use for other things. A suggestion for your removable.o/mstadium.o dilemma - in the Fenway mod I was able to copy mstadium.o and rename it to removable.o thus having two Fenways to work with with the verts mapping to the same parts. It was so much easier than having to move everything around and I was able to reference things a lot easier. Plus there were no "missing textures" because all the parts mapped to the same .bmps. You could always export your mstadium.o file parts that you used for the ground and import them into the new removable.o Yankee

Of course I don't know how much actual work you have done in the currrent removable.o file, however, if the ground was really hard to to do compared to the other stuff, that might be a good option. Add to the fact you could recover the wall mapping as well and it looks even better. Of course hiding 150 parts that you don't want is the biggest pain in the *** of the merging process and it might not be something you want to go through again (I've got 66% of Fenway under home plate for my removable file, so I know how much that sucks). Anyway just a suggestion, keep up the good work. Stadium modders such as myself are indebted to you for discovering the removable.o merge process. :wtg:

• 4 weeks later...

I hope this project is still going forward. Spring Training has started and this mod looks amazing so hopefully things are still progressing.

A great job so far though!

Archived