Legends Field (NYY Spring Training) v. 1 Released

MarlinsMY

Version 1.0 released! http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=4023.html

As I alluded to in the Fort Lauderdale thread, I've thought about doing Legends Field (the home of the New York Yankees, my favorite AL team) for a fairly long time, and that I may tackle it. This week (mostly today), I was finally able to start it. It's really not too much more than Yankee Stadium minus the two upper decks right now, but it's a start. EA's YS is serving as the base, and my Hadlock Field is the removable.o donor stadium, since I know what parts are textured with what. I've scoured the Internet for pictures of the field, since having never been there myself, I need all the reference shots I can get. (If anybody is going down for Spring Training, I would appreciate it if you could take as many detailed pictures as possible, especially the outfield ads . :wink: ) Keep in mind that these shots are very preliminary, and have been taken at angles that keep most of the misc. junk out of the pictures. As always, any feedback or comments is appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: Unfortunately, I won't have as much free time in the near future than I did today, so there is no timetable for release. I probably won't be able to get it done during Spring Training. Sorry.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh. My. God.

This could very quickly turn into my favourite minor league park yet. Looks excellent already.

I'll try to produce some images later tonight.

MarlinsMY = modder of the day. :lol:

EDIT -

Outield signs from either March 23rd '02 or February 23rd '03.

Smaller image showing outfield shape from 2002.

Excuse the presence of humans from this March 5th, 2003 image.

Another outfield image of right field.

Post banner.

Scoreboard shot.

Random images;

yankees_thursday-30.jpg

yankees_tues-3.jpg

yankees_tues-5.jpg

yankees_tues-6.jpg

yankees-3.jpg

derek.jpg

yankees_thursday-3.jpg

yankees_tues-9.jpg

yankees_tues-10.jpg

yankees_thursday-6.jpg

I don't want to lag the page with any more of these, so if you go to this page and use the arrows, you should find more.

photo3a250.jpg

LFfield.jpgtyanksballsign.jpg

That's all...for now. Hope they help. :)

Here's a little update: the basic structure for the third base side "YANKEES" sign is up. I re-did the pillars from my first update to make them better constructed, but some still are a little see-through at the edges. This is what it looks like after a few hours of working on it...

Guest JWClubbie

WOW

this mod is shaping up to be one of the top stadium mods to date in my book! Keep up the good work, with Hadlock and now this, who knows where you may go. You Rawk!

Thanks for the comments so far everyone... I'm glad a lot of people are enthusiastic about the project. I just wish I had more time to work on it (I probably should have been writing a paper earlier this morning, but it's not due until Tuesday...)

MarkB: Thanks for the images. I hadn't seen those newest ones yet. I appreciate the "non-endorsement". If I am interpreting that correctly, then I agree with you. :wink:

jefinch20: Thanks for the tip. I should be able to find the issue.

De nada. Thanks for the work you're putting in!

There are also some images on the photos section of NYYFans.com, but so far, they have been focused well on the players and most of the background isn't discernable. Maybe something to keep an eye on, just in case some scenic shots show up. I'll post them if I find any more. :)

When this stadium comes out, I am transplanting the D-Rays across the Bay to Legends and sending in a B2 bomber to put the Trop out of its misery. :twisted:

Thanks for the great work Marlin!

LOL, I like the trop - its the only place i get to go and watch games at (and i kinda support the d-rays as well)

Archived