Legends Field (NYY Spring Training) v. 1 Released

MarlinsMY

I worked a lot on Legends yesterday. After reading The Big O's message, I took his advice, and now I am working with 2 copies of Yankee Stadium. This meant that nearly everything (the scoreboard, the side YANKEES signs, and the pillars holding them up) had to be re-done. Yesterday, I finally recreated everything, and are now past the progress point of the last update. 3D pillars just like the YANKEES signs now separate the luxury boxes, and all of the light fixtures are up and in their approximate positions. The lights really go a long way in making it more realistic.

Here's the updated "to do" list:

1. Change the skyline to Tampa

2. Add Raymond James Stadium (in the RF background) & walkway that connects them (started a little on this, but is presently too bad to show)

3. Make backstop ads

4. Rework the facade

5. Add a "tarp" texture to the outfield ads

6. Add the practice fields?

7. Work on colors/shading

8. Change datafile (camera angles/bullpen and dugout locations)

I guess not everything has to be done in order to release a first version, but I'm not quite there yet. I really hope I can get something out during Spring Training, but I can't guarantee it. Again, thanks for all of the feedback and especially for your patience!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an early OEdit shot of the walkway bridge over the highway. Raymond James Stadium will be added to the right of the bridge. This is all out in right field, past the Yankee bullpen. The black texture will be transparent in-game.

Here's an early OEdit shot of the walkway bridge over the highway. Raymond James Stadium will be added to the right of the bridge. This is all out in right field, past the Yankee bullpen. The black texture will be transparent in-game.

jesus dude.

MarlinsMY, if you still need someone to change the bullpen locations and the bullpen cameras in the datafile, I can do it for you (I helped Pirate do it in his Busch Stadium mod). Just let me know when you are finished with everything else, and I'll get workin.

That would be great! Thanks. Hopefully I can solidify exactly where they go soon (I'm doing some tweaking in the bullpen areas).

A minor update (with no screenshots, unfortunately): The rotating backstop ads have been created, and change every inning.

I had about 2 hours to work on Legends today, so here's a screenshot. It shows the beginnings of the bridge in-game (I still need to add some supports along the walkway), Raymond James Stadium (unfortunately just a 2D texture - eventually the highway sort of runs into it but the stadium's placement is approximately the real-life angle), and the new fenced wall going down the first base side by the bullpen. The third base side will have a smaller fence for geometry reasons, even though I think in real-life they're probably the same length. The New York background is still untouched, and is partially covering up Raymond James Stadium at the moment.

Edit: Something else I forgot I did before, but is new to the thread: the blue walls have now been recolored a darker blue, as it seems like they changed to the Yankees navy color for this year's Spring Training.

• 1 month later...

Archived