kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not Hory, I'm just not sure if he wants me to release his name just yet. I would also like to know how you are planning to do the stats. I noticed they weren't updated, but it would be a much better roster if this season's stats were included.

If you look back a couple pages, kraw said they're coming out with a new layout for the Lahman database, which is where the stats come from, so we would need a new version of MVPEdit to update this year's stats. There's no way in hell I'm doing them all manually. I will, however, get around to the 05 stats eventually.

Er, I actually did update all the minor league W-L records when I bug-fixed the latest UR release, I'll post a revised tstat.dat with the major league records in the UR thread once the Redsox-Orioles game is done.

If kg wants to use the file in his rosters thats fine with me..

But anyway that's just the team W-L record, that's no effort at all compared to adding the entire 2005 player stats which Tony3 did last year..

When you're in MVPEdit doing stats, you click on "Lahman" for each player, and it automatically loads that player's career stats in for you. The Lahman database is a huge list of every player that's ever played in the Majors basically since 1900 or so. After you download the big file, you can load the stats into MVPEdit. Now that they're changing the layout of Lahman, MVPEdit won't be able to load the stats in correctly, so we will need a new MVPEdit for that to work. Kraw won't be doing any stats like that, at least I don't think so. So it looks like 2005 stats is the best we can do for now.

When you're in MVPEdit doing stats, you click on "Lahman" for each player, and it automatically loads that player's career stats in for you. The Lahman database is a huge list of every player that's ever played in the Majors basically since 1900 or so. After you download the big file, you can load the stats into MVPEdit. Now that they're changing the layout of Lahman, MVPEdit won't be able to load the stats in correctly, so we will need a new MVPEdit for that to work. Kraw won't be doing any stats like that, at least I don't think so. So it looks like 2005 stats is the best we can do for now.

It won't do season stats though.

Well I am done with pitcher error checking, and I have found nothing. I am just testing them in stadiums, gameplay right now.

Gameplay is a bit choppy with these rosters, mostly on ground balls, and I am not sure where these stats are from, cause I don't recognize em, like Reyes has 5 homeruns and Beltran has 26. Just curious as to where they are from.

Honestly, I have idea why there's goofy numbers like that. A lot of guys have 0's across the board. But as soon as there's a way to enter in the 2006 stats without doing it maunally, they'll be there. It only affects exhibition games, obviously.

About the choppiness: as far as I know, the rosters have nothing to do with that. I can't imagine how they could affect that, but I could be wrong. If anybody knows why, please let us know.

It looks like some trajectories were thrown off when I did some global editing; I'm seeing a lot of pitchers that have "drop" as their fastball movement, and when I manually edited everyone, I never gave that movement to a pitcher's fastball. A lot of pitchers have "none" as their changeup movement now, when I'm sure I always gave them some movement on changeups. That'll all be taken care of.

Archived