kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

Just finished redoing the All Star teams. How do they look? Every team is represented by at least 1 player.

untitled1jx3.jpg

untitled2ih6.jpg

Let me know if you think someone should be off the roster in favor of someone else, or you have a better lineup solution; I just quickly threw these together.

I'll have the Legends/Heroes redone shortly and post it.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright guys, check this out. I replaced the Heros and Legends teams with 2 teams full of the top 100 prospects for 2006. Of course I couldn't include all 100, so I narrowed it down to players who didn't get significant time in the majors this year. Guys like Delmon Young, Bobby Jenks, Jon Lester, and Francisco Liriano were all thrown out. Here's a preview.

untitled6zu8.jpg

untitled2jb3.jpg

I think both teams are fairly equal talent-wise, and they'll both be tons of fun to play with, that's for sure.

I noticed when I was testing them out that they were wearing Heros and Legends unis (obviously), so I have a request of someone: Would someone like to make uniforms for both Prospects teams? If someone were to create a uni for both teams, that would make them infinitely better. You would get credit in the final release. So, is anybody up for the task?

He's not a top 100.

I think he is kg (I don´t know about BA but scout.com has him listed #17 in the top 25 prospects in the league), he´s one of the top OF prospects in the game... btw Eric Duncan has switched to 1B, maybe you could replace him with Jose Tabata...?

btw just a suggestion over here, I think there are too much SP´s on each team, you could replace some of them (LR´s) with a couple of RP´s...?

I'm not touching anyone that Soriano already did for his rosters, except I did tweak a few guys minimally. Basically I'm not going to go crazy on attributes for a couple reasons: 1) it'll take forever to do every single player, and 2) most of the minor league guys will never go anywhere so their ratings don't matter too much, and 3) I like the way UR handles minor league players; giving them the same general attributes unless the player is an actual prospect. So don't expect a whole lot from the attribute side of things; I want player accuracy, correct numbers, and positions. Of course I'm not going to make every AA and A player have the same ratings, but it will all depend on how much info I can dig up.

Go download "Ron Mexico's Progression Mod" :mexican: and you will see that the minor leaguers DO in fact progress. I think if you worked on em, then hand in hand, we can make this into an even better game.

I think he is kg (I don´t know about BA but scout.com has him listed #17 in the top 25 prospects in the league), he´s one of the top OF prospects in the game... btw Eric Duncan has switched to 1B, maybe you could replace him with Jose Tabata...?

btw just a suggestion over here, I think there are too much SP´s on each team, you could replace some of them (LR´s) with a couple of RP´s...?

I went by BA's top 100, found here. http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/featu...223top100c.html

Regarding relievers, there were only a couple on the top 100 list, and I didn't include Papelbon or Jenks because they've had too much MLB time. You don't have to use them as RPs if you don't want, but I placed them there in case people wanted to use tywiggin's .dat program, because if there are more than 3 LRs or 3 MRs, it won't work, I believe.

Go download "Ron Mexico's Progression Mod" :mexican: and you will see that the minor leaguers DO in fact progress. I think if you worked on em, then hand in hand, we can make this into an even better game.

What page is that quote on? Turns out I went all out on minor leaguers and their attribs. I tried to make it as accurate as possible. I have your mod downloaded, I just have to do a little testing with it still.

What page is that quote on? Turns out I went all out on minor leaguers and their attribs. I tried to make it as accurate as possible. I have your mod downloaded, I just have to do a little testing with it still.

Make sure to download the most updated mod because I REALLY fine tuned it a lot in the recent time. The first couple releases were more templates and these were much better.

Here's what I got done tonight: I finished checking over all teams to make sure all lineups and rotations were set. Now I get no errors in MVPEdit, which is awesome. I also started redoing all salaries. For minor leaguers, basically what I did was give all of them 1 year contracts if they were 25 or older, and gave them multi-year contracts depending on how far they are from being 25. For example, Ryan Braun for the Brewers is currently 22, so he got a 3 year contract, which would make him 25 when it expires. Jose Tabata is 18, so he got a 7 year contract. Get it? I figured that was easier than giving all minor leaguers 1 year contracts so you don't have to worry about signing tons of players every offseason.

I will not update the Stats section, which covers career and single season stats in the game, until the new Lahman database comes out that includes the 2006 stats. So a lot of players have goofy numbers if you're playing an exhibition for now.

I also Global Edited all minor league pitchers to make them less good. For some reason, the game rates pitchers ridiculously high, even if you give them mediocre stats. So what I did was lower their stamina and control, depending on what level they're at so that every pitcher wasn;t rated so highly. Now I think each team's roster accurately reflects the best players on that team, which is good.

All I have left to do is a bunch more portraits, redo the Free Agent pool, implement new uniforms for the Prospects teams, and a lot of testing. Should be ready next week!

I will not update the Stats section, which covers career and single season stats in the game, until the new Lahman database comes out that includes the 2006 stats. So a lot of players have goofy numbers if you're playing an exhibition for now.

We will need a new MVPedit for the new Lahman database, they (baseball-databank group) say the DB is being rearranged

Archived