kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contracts are so hard in rosters. Since I only worry about ML players, I have a simple consistant system. Rookies who have enough minor league options and years remaining in control have 3 @ 100 (133 is used for the better ones). If the player is in the roster, it is presumed he gets called up and uses up a rookie year. Simply, after the 3 years the player goes into 'arbritration', where you cannot control the salary.

Your system will probably work out for the best, it's just so tough to estimate when a younger guy will make the bigs, or even get there.

Can I be a tester?

Sure, PM me your email.

I've got room for 2 more testers, for a total of 5. First come, first serve! Soriano, you can automatically be one if you want, just let me know. If you're a tester, you'll have to do a certain number of things for me. That'll include checking to make sure the right cyberfaces are there, making sure all velocities for pitchers are consistent (not a 90 mph curve, etc) and things like that. You'll also be asked to sim a couple season with 4 or so teams to see if there are any problems. If 2 more people are interested, let me know in this thread. Thanks!

Sure, PM me your email.

I've got room for 2 more testers, for a total of 5. First come, first serve! Soriano, you can automatically be one if you want, just let me know. If you're a tester, you'll have to do a certain number of things for me. That'll include checking to make sure the right cyberfaces are there, making sure all velocities for pitchers are consistent (not a 90 mph curve, etc) and things like that. You'll also be asked to sim a couple season with 4 or so teams to see if there are any problems. If 2 more people are interested, let me know in this thread. Thanks!

I appreciate your offer! I'd do it in a second if I had the time, but that isn't the case. Postseason baseball + my roster (will be starting the overhaul when the season ends) + real life (including two teaching tests on Saturday and other fun **** after that) = no time.

Best of luck getting the roster out!

Sure, PM me your email.

Here

Hey, if I want to play this with mvp06, can I use these rosters? I saw that UR7.5 was glitchy and 8.0 was fine, and I don't wanna mess anything up.

You can use either kg's plus version of his rosters or the newly updated UR 8.0 (crash issues fixed).

Gotcha, you guys are so smart...I strive to be like you some day, not all noobish and fearful to screw up my MVP. Whats the worst that can happen, I re-install it for the 1000th time?

:offtopic: Also, question, stupid me...if I install MVP06, I use the plus rosters of UR 8.0, right, cause kg hasn't sent me the rosters, and I really wanna play...lol

ron, my roster will be compatible with the most recent models.big. I will "plus" it later this weekend. I don't have access to my home computer tonight, so I'll get to that Saturday or Sunday night.

It looks like testers will be: JoeyMcM93, ronmexico, krawhitham, BigFreelFan, and TheDynasty. I should have a testable version out Sunday or Monday night hopefully, so look for it then. It'll come with a list fo things to each of you to do; you'll have responsibility of several teams. If any of you 5 haven't PMed me your emails, please do so before then.

Hear that mvp community? If you want me to help kg, then please answer the question...

Is the most recent models.big the one that was packaged in the MVP06 update? Cause, even though I want to help, I will not be tweaking it, now that it works if it is not. Maybe if you need someone to test it with 06 I am your man.

:lol:

Archived