kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to putz around with the .dat importer until it's a final version and everything works properly. Basically I put people that would be on the MLB team regardless of whether they are hurt or not on the MLB team, and people that are called up for them in AAA or wherever they came from.

Here's the BoSox.

Deleted:

OF Bryan Pritz, C Matt Kent, OF Claudio Arias, SS Chuck Jerolman, P Beau Vaughan

untitled10uh.jpg

Player Count: 3,578

To Goal: 328!

This roster is going to be rediculously amazingly fantabulous when it's done.. Trust me.

I can't find this within the thread, so hopefully I haven't missed it... will the contracts be updated??? Will this work in Dynasty (I've heard SwinginSoriano's have problems)? Sorry if I'm acting newbish; it's because I am, heh.

Well, I think Soriano is pretty up to date with MLB contracts, so they should be pretty good. Regarding minor leaguers, I have no idea. And it should work in Dynasty, although I obviously can't try it out yet. If it didn't work after doing all this work, I'd throw my computer out the window and burn everything related to MVP Baseball. ;)

Well, I think Soriano is pretty up to date with MLB contracts, so they should be pretty good. Regarding minor leaguers, I have no idea. And it should work in Dynasty, although I obviously can't try it out yet. If it didn't work after doing all this work, I'd throw my computer out the window and burn everything related to MVP Baseball. ;)

Thanks a lot man. I'm actually holding off on moving forward with my new Dynasty until these are done, so I can start 'em fresh! Pay special attention to the Norfolk Tides, Binghamton, and St. Lucie :wink: :D Thanks for the great work!

Well I've got pretty detailed scouting reports on some of the Mets minor leaguers, so they should be good to go.

Great to hear, man! I'm psyched about this release bigtime. Take your time, and don't feel rushed, no matter what's been said in the last 8 pages. Lord knows it'll be worth every second of waiting necessary, for the quality and effort that's being put in. :wtg:

I can't find this within the thread, so hopefully I haven't missed it... will the contracts be updated??? Will this work in Dynasty (I've heard SwinginSoriano's have problems)? Sorry if I'm acting newbish; it's because I am, heh.

My rosters crash with the .sav version, that's why they have been seperate releases now. Some people also claim to have crashes with the other versions, but all I know is that myself and many others have been getting along fine.

Anyway, about contracts, I have a simple system:

- Actual contracts with remaining years, I even updated many of the 'backloaded' contracts for correct salaries. I put effort in contracts.

- Rookies who are at the cusp of the majors have their three years at 100-166 points. (300-500 thousand dollars) If a guy had his rookie year already, there will two years left, and so on.

Examples:

Bobby Jenks: 3 @ 100

Robinson Cano: 2 @ 133

Guy before arbritration: 1 @ 166

That's how I do rookies and such. Arbtritration I do as is. Any cotnracts after the cheap ones (in MVP 2005 itself) I consider a 'fake arbritration'.

My rosters crash with the .sav version, that's why they have been seperate releases now. Some people also claim to have crashes with the other versions, but all I know is that myself and many others have been getting along fine.

Anyway, about contracts, I have a simple system:

- Actual contracts with remaining years, I even updated many of the 'backloaded' contracts for correct salaries. I put effort in contracts.

- Rookies who are at the cusp of the majors have their three years at 100-166 points. (300-500 thousand dollars) If a guy had his rookie year already, there will two years left, and so on.

Examples:

Bobby Jenks: 3 @ 100

Robinson Cano: 2 @ 133

Guy before arbritration: 1 @ 166

That's how I do rookies and such. Arbtritration I do as is. Any cotnracts after the cheap ones (in MVP 2005 itself) I consider a 'fake arbritration'.

Awesome, this is definitely worth the wait, then. As long as it's released so I can start my Dynasty with it :wink: Thanks again, for all your hard work guys (both KG now and SS originally)!

Here's Chicago's team; the Cubs.

Deleted:

C Olin Wick, OF Aaron Weston, P Aaron Krawiec, P Clint Brannon, P Stephen Bronder, P Matt Weber, P Carlos Perez, P Grant Johnson

Created:

P Mark Pawelek

untitled23fr.jpg

Players: 3,568

To goal: 318

Next up: Chicago's other team, the White Sox

Los Rojos

Deleted: 2b Yoni Lasso, P Erik Lohse, P Joel Barreto, P Ramon Ramirez, P Kyle Edens, P Sam LeCure

untitled25vr.jpg

Player Count: 3,552

To goal: 302

Next up: Cleveland, probably tonight. Break time.

I'm up to 1,019 posts, and I signed up on Jan 20th. Pretty fast, eh?

I had him there until I had to move some people around. Apparently, I didn;t see that Fraser Dizard had a pretty bad ERA, so I moved him down instead and brought Liotta back up. And I've been keeping close watch over the UR thread. Thanks Bama.

Here's the Braves. I had to get rid of way too many people that I believe deserved to be in the game; it was deifnitely a painstaking process.

Deleted:

P Ralph Roberts, OF Onil Joseph, OF Ardley Jansen, P David Watkins, P Wes Letson, P Arthur Santos, P Matt Harrison, P Zach Schreiber, P Kelvin Villa, P Jose Ascanio, P James Parr, P Michael Nix, SS Willie James, OF Carl Loadenthal, 3b Jamie Trejo.

If any Braves fans believe that one of the guys I got rid of has more potential than the guys on Myrtle Beach that I kept, let me know. I've never heard anything about half these guys so I just go by stats and age.

untitled27hn.jpg

Player Count: 3,541

To goal: 291

Archived