kgbaseball's 2006 Roster Overhaul

kgbaseball

Glad to hear you're receptive to others' ideas, KG! Whieh reminds me, good ol' Big Unit should take a ride South, as even Adrian Beltre and Aubry Huff could get a hit off the guy right now. Which reminds me even furthermore, Carl Pavano and especially Jared Wright are worse than some AA players ;)

i dont think you watched jaret wright pitch yesterday, or all season. hes been getting better. yesterday he had a quality start of 6 2/3 allowing three runs. he hasnt allowed more than that this month. and pavano is good when healthy. right now he is hurt so you cant say anything. and dont forget, the big unit gets better with warm weather. he has had a few rough starts but he has had good starts too. why is everyone mentioning the negatives about the yankees?

and a little notes on the yankees that might help your roster:

i think bubba crosbys speed should be upped from 77 to somewhere in the low to mid 80s. and his bunting ability is way too low. that guy can drop a bunt. and adding a little to the fielding, not to make him a gold glover but he is good in the field.

like bighort said proctor could use some adjustments. he has better fastball control, and the sinker has some good movement which has made him more of a complete pitcher.

mike mussina has a great changeup this year but it isnt in the game. the rating should be around 80 because it is the main reason he has won 6 games already.

i think robinson canos contact against lefties is despicable, i think its set to like 56 or something.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, any help is good help! Glad you're willing to share some info! :D I'm going to make a Word document of all the suggestions and go through it when I begin editing players, so get me all the info you can, and that includes everyone!

Anyways, here's the Rockies

Deleted:

C Rick Guarno, IF Sandy Almonte, C Kyle Wilson, IF Erik Dean, 3b Tony Granato, 1b Jose Valdez, 3b Dustin Hahn, P Darric Merrell, P Andrew Kreidermacher, P Ryan Fox, P Ching Lo, P Humberto Cardenas...phew. I hated to do it.

untitled29hj.jpg

Player Count: 3,526

To goal: 276! :D

Next up: The P-tigger.jpgs

hey kg great work you´re doing, one thing i noticed with the rockies is that ramon ramirez is listed as a SP while in real life he is a RP, and a very good one may i add.

i think bubba crosbys speed should be upped from 77 to somewhere in the low to mid 80s. and his bunting ability is way too low. that guy can drop a bunt. and adding a little to the fielding, not to make him a gold glover but he is good in the field.

Bubba sucks, and he also sucks in the field. When your buddies are named Hideki, Gary, Bernie, and Melky you are gonna look like Edmonds.

like bighort said proctor could use some adjustments. he has better fastball control, and the sinker has some good movement which has made him more of a complete pitcher.

Once he gives up 4 in a game you won't say that. Proctor was a hot arm, but so was Sturtze for a while last year. (Anyway, I did make adjustments for Proctor in my latest version, not with his control though.)

mike mussina has a great changeup this year but it isnt in the game. the rating should be around 80 because it is the main reason he has won 6 games already.

His changeup (circle change in fact) is at an 11 movement, that doesn't suck.

---

Guys, it's May 19th, ratings shouldn't be changed for hot starts, aberrations, and quick flashes of greatness. Remember, even a full season could be a FLUKE. Ratings should always be done when the season ends, it's hard enough for a roster maker to evaluate players even during that period of time. You need years of stats, splits, videos, scouting reports, and of course personal discretion. The roster's major leagues wouldn't be accurate if I made guys like Bubba and Scott good on a whim.

Everyone in the majors is held to the same standards, keep everything the same. However, I am more liberal towards pitchers because you can actually see their stuff and change it from there. However, I do not change control much until the off-season. Besides, Cano's ABs against lefties are too few to make a good decision about his true abilities against left handed pitchers.

Lastly, should I rate Randy Johnson as low as Scott Boehringer because he's sucking right now? I appreciate suggestions but take into account that there is a "method to the madness". Of course, KG can do what he wants. (I suggest against ML changes.)

Here's the Orioles. The Braves were driving me absolutely nuts, so I skipped them for now. They have way too many people on each roster that I couldn't decide who to get rid of.

Deleted:

P Trevor Caughey, P Russ Petrick, P Beau Hale, P Luis Ramirez, C Brian Bock, OF Pete Maestrales, P Jeff Montani

Player Count: 3,584

To goal: 334 more! :wtg:

Next up, Boston.

EDIT: I think I'm going to move Raul Chavez to AAA and call up David Newhan; I'm not sure, but I think Newhan would be on the MLB team if he weren't hurt.

Missed this when it got posted.

Newhan would be on the team over Chavez. Also, Aaron Rakers should be in AAA, with Sendy Rleal in MLB. I don't know how you want to handle injuries, but Parrish and Byrdak could be replaced by Chris Britton and Kurt Birkins from AAA. John Halama is a RP, not a SP.

Missing a couple top prospects in SP Brandon Erbe and C Brandon Snyder. You could get rid of Kevin Hart and Mike Russell for them. I'd also keep Luis Ramirez over a guy like Casey Cahill.

If you need any other O's organization info, just let me know.

Newhan would be on the team over Chavez. Missing a couple top prospects in SP Brandon Erbe and C Brandon Snyder. You could get rid of Kevin Hart and Mike Russell for them. I'd also keep Luis Ramirez over a guy like Casey Cahill.

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for from people who know more about their specific teams. I'll get rid of Cahill and add Ramirez. I have one question though. Are Erbe and Snyder 4/5 star potential? If they are, I'll be glad to add them. If not, I'd like to keep the players that are actually in High A on the roster. Thanks again!

I thank all of you that have been giving suggestions for edits. Most of them probably won't be done because of the exact reasons Soriano mentioned; it's only May. The biggest thing I will be looking at is speed. Either a guy is fast or not; speed doesn't fluctuate very much from year to year, if at all. I believe speed is one of the most important aspects of a player's game, and should be reflected in the rosters. Keep the suggestions coming. I'm going to start working on the Marlins now.

I have to ask, I appreciate all the hard work, but what is wrong with Totte's Ultimate Rosters. I usually take that roster set and modify it with the correct players who have been called up and sent down, and fix very few numbers. These new edited rosters have been the best I have seen.

Is there something wrong with these? I love them.

Totte if you are reading this keep em coming.

AceMan

The difference between ours is UR is missing over 500 players in the minors. Although you won't see many of them in mine because there's simply too many of them to fit in the roster, there will literally be hundreds of new players in my rosters. The other big difference is updated attributes, which you don't see a whole lot of in UR. Don't get me wrong, UR is the best current roster out, in my opinion. I just felt that a total overhaul was needed, especially for those who play the minor league games. I love all that Totte has done, but I think it was time for a change.

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for from people who know more about their specific teams. I'll get rid of Cahill and add Ramirez. I have one question though. Are Erbe and Snyder 4/5 star potential? If they are, I'll be glad to add them. If not, I'd like to keep the players that are actually in High A on the roster. Thanks again!

Erbe entered the season as the Orioles #8 prospect. He's had 8 games so far this season, 33 IP, 2.18 ERA, 24 hits, 8 BB, and 42 K's. Brandon Snyder is struggling in his first run through the Sally League, and just went down with a shoulder injury. But, he's the closest thing the O's have to a legit catching prospect in the organization. He may eventually be moved to 3rd base, where he'd also be the only legit prospect. Plus, he's only 19 years old.

The difference between ours is UR is missing over 500 players in the minors. Although you won't see many of them in mine because there's simply too many of them to fit in the roster, there will literally be hundreds of new players in my rosters. The other big difference is updated attributes, which you don't see a whole lot of in UR. Don't get me wrong, UR is the best current roster out, in my opinion. I just felt that a total overhaul was needed, especially for those who play the minor league games. I love all that Totte has done, but I think it was time for a change.

Okay will I wondered. For what it's worth, every player call up from the minors that I have ever had to do with his roster, is always there. As for attributes, I guess I don't get that deep into a roster set to notice. When yours is finished, I'd give it a try, but you are right, for now Totte's are the best and I look forward to his updates.

AceMan

The Marlins

Deleted:

C Tanner Rogers, IF Paul Witt, OF JC Muniz, C Greg Brown, IF Steve Gendron, P Trevor Hutchinson, P Matt Goyen, P Travis Talbott, P Jason Jarrett, P Adam Brandenburg, P Scott Nestor, P Jarrett Santos, P Matt Blank, P James Brauer, P Jesus Delgado, P Ryan Baker

untitled22io.jpg

Player Count: 3,503

To goal: 253

Next up: Astros

Hey KG you are doing an awesome job. I am a huge Red Sox fan and I just want to help make these rosters perfect.

Dustan Mohr RF -> CF (has played there all year)

Enrique Wilson 2B -> SS

Trent Durrington 3B -> 2B

Keoni DeRenne 2B -> SS

Phil Seibel RP -> SP

Devern Hansack SP -> RP

Mikey Hall LF -> RF

Jeff Corsaletti CF -> LF

Brad Baker AA -> AAA (he also wears #31)

Marc Deschenes AAA -> AA

Mike Bumatay A -> AA

John Searles AA -> A

David Bacani A -> AA

Dustin Brown AA -> A

Get rid of Scott White for Luis Soto CF (#11 prospect)

Get rid of Jason Twomley for Chris Turner LF (#15 prospect)

Get rid of Kyle Jackson for Michael Bowden SP (#10 prospect)

Get rid of Adam Blackley for Luis Mendoza SP (#30 prospect)

All of this info can be found at www.soxprospects.com along with lineups and rotations.

I can also helps with other teams if you need it.

Keep up the great work KG! :D:D :D

Here's the Royals. They're pretty much a mess because they're always sending guys up/down.

Deleted:

P's Jarod Plummer, Justin Barnes, Brandon Weeden, Gabe DeHoyos, Adam Rowe, Nate Moore, CJ Woodrow, Colt Griffin, SS Michael Gaffney

untitled28tw1.jpg

Player Count: 3,490

To goal: 240!

Next up: Los Dodgers

Here's the Royals. They're pretty much a mess because they're always sending guys up/down.

Deleted:

P's Jarod Plummer, Justin Barnes, Brandon Weeden, Gabe DeHoyos, Adam Rowe, Nate Moore, CJ Woodrow, Colt Griffin, SS Michael Gaffney

untitled28tw1.jpg

Player Count: 3,490

To goal: 240!

Next up: Los Dodgers

esteban german is a 3B.

Archived