• Brazil
    • Germany
    • USA
    • Argentina
    • Netherlands

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is allready a ton of good reasons for the different teams should win. I have voted for USA b/c i think they can do it. And here is a link to how they are going to do it:

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5600044

And for the record i'm rooting for sweden but with thier starting goalkeeper Andreas Isakson out i find it difficult to see them win thier group.

And for the record i'm rooting for sweden but with thier starting goalkeeper Andreas Isakson out i find it difficult to see them win thier group.

But he's only out for the first game and our backups are good enough to beat Trinidad Tobago. The buzz here in Sweden is that we'll win the game by 2-0. I think England will win the group and face Germany in the next round since Poland is going to win Group A :wink:

Seedorf has had some trouble with the dutch media. I'm very dissapointed that he isn't even considered anymore since he might be the best dutch player we have right now, but obviously they're not going to take a risk with him because he might cause some friction within the group (especially if he can't play his natural position). Same goes for Davids.

Btw ... Bergkamp supposedly wanted to join the dutch squad for the last time, but our head coach didn't know anything about it :(

Btw ... Bergkamp supposedly wanted to join the dutch squad for the last time, but our head coach didn't know anything about it :(

That's too bad. It'd been cool to see Dennis one last time. I say bring back Overmars too :wink:

Racists are everywhere, not only in Soccer. I`m from Germany and i think and believe that will give no huge troubles here.

Sry, for my bad english :D

yes thats true, but in soccer it's even more extreme. You have people with Adolf Hitler banners and fascist fans in Italy- as well as fans chanting "monkey" to certain black players.

That doesnt happen in the NBA, or MLB.

Yes, the Adolf Hitler Banners and this **** are extrem in Italy. We don`t have this in the first or second Division. In the lower Leagues yes, but not in the Profi Leagues. I cant understand too why in Spain and specially in Italy is it so extrem.

I think, the reason why it gives no Racists in MLB or NFL or NBA is, that the Teams are full of Blacks. Its normaly their and yes ... i think americans are in some parts ahm ... i dont know the word ... more normal as Europeans.

Ah and ... Mets rulz :D

never have watched soccer (except for the end of that women's game (1998?) when Chastain ripped her shirt off)

i did watch the first half of the game today between Germany and Costa Rica though and must admit that i can see the attraction - still like the big three more (baseball, football (american), and hockey) but it's about 530 times more entertaining than the NBA. oh, and go USA! :D

never have watched soccer (except for the end of that women's game (1998?) when Chastain ripped her shirt off)

i did watch the first half of the game today between Germany and Costa Rica though and must admit that i can see the attraction - still like the big three more (baseball, football (american), and hockey) but it's about 530 times more entertaining than the NBA. oh, and go USA! :D

Its a shame, the U.S. doesnt even a chance- especially if they face Brazil in the second round. And i can see them losing to Japan as well. But i think they put out a good team this time around.

halo..

SWEDEN

If zlatan can get his head right(had a god awful year for juventus),and stop judo kicking goalpost's!! we will right there.

Our defence is our strengh,led by the king of sweden OLOF "GOD" MELLBERG.

As for racism,harder at times 4 non-european ppl to grasp.Its embarassing,and can really make your blood boil.That said,through history there has been numerous political movements,especially in the u.s,where racism is nowhere near as much an issue anymore as it is still in europe.

It is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT culture over here.

Anyways,no more depressing talk,PEACE! and

go SWEDEN!!.

Germany - Costa Rica 4:2 ( 2:1 )

1:0 Phillip Lahm ( 6. min )

1:1 Paulo Wanchope ( 12. min )

2:1 Miroslav Klose ( 17. min )

3:1 Miroslav Klose ( 61. min )

3:2 Paulo Wanchope ( 73. min )

4:2 Torsten Frings ( 87. min )

Good start in the World Cup Season. The Defence still sucks, only Phillip Lahm was good, the rest ... nothing. Good Midfield, we don`t need Michael Ballack, i`m one of Millions who say ... " Ballack? Overrated! ". Klose did a good job as Forward. Nice.

Germany has 3 points now and Costa Rica 0. how does the points system work? 3 for a win? how does it play in later?)

Yeah, you get 3 points for a win and 1 point for a draw. I'm not sure but I think that if two teams are tied in the group with the same amount of points, you first look at the goals for-/against average and if that's not deciding, the score from the game between the two teams decides who advances to the next round.

also, what's the (2:1) stand for after the score above?)

Germany's go-ahead goal (2 to 1). Game-tying goal (1:1) etc.

(and in unrelated news, the newest member of the 500 club is...me! :D)

Congrats buddy!

i enjoyed watching that first half today though so i'll probably try and catch another game when i'm not at work this next week.

Sounds like a plan to me :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy the action as much as we Europeans do :wink:

Work has never stopped us from watching a game with Sweden on TV. Our business usually stops in the middle of the day just to watch the game with your co-workers...lol

Poland vs. Ecuador 0:2 ( 0:1 - Halftime )

0:1 Carlos Tenorio (24. min )

0:2 Agustin Delgado (81. min )

Surprise, Surprise

Whooooo, Poland. Very bad game of Poland. In the end of the game 2 huge chances but the rest was crap. Ecuador was clever and won this game correct.

Today ( German Time )

10.06.2006 15:00 ( 09:00 US Time? )

Gruppe B: England - Paraguay

10.06.2006 18:00 ( 12:00 US Time? )

Gruppe B: Trinidad und Tobago - Sweden

10.06.2006 21:00 ( 15:00 US Time ? )

Gruppe C: Argentina - Cote D´Ivoire

3 excellent games today. Trinidad and Tobago played amazingly and Argentina showed that last WC was a fluke. I'm not a big soccer fan by any means, but soccer (during the World Cup) is really the sport I can watch all the way through without changing channels or stop watching altogether. Maybe it's because soccer has no commercials. I'm probably more excited about the World Cup than any other sport's championship.

Here are the results of the Games today.

Group B

England vs. Paraguay 1:0

Trinidad and Tobago vs. Sweden 0:0

Group C

Argentina vs. Cote D´Ivoire 2:1

Not really good games today. England vs. Paraguay was really bad, Tobago against Sweden was okay and Argentina has a good game with Cote D`Ivoire.

Tomorrow follows:

Groupe C

Serbia and Montenegro vs. Netherlands

Groupe D

Mexiko vs. Iran

Angola vs. Portugal

Archived