Fav PLayer (PLease post im doing a research project)

BigRog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curt Schilling because he speaks his mind , is an avid video gamer , and is also a phenomenal pitcher. I once read an article about Schilling playing games like EverQuest etc in a computer gaming magazine...and even though he had beaten the Yankees in a thrilling World Series and I was still recovering from the pain I forgave him and became a fan.

And of course , #8 himself Cal Ripken Jr...a class act and a true gamer who played in 2131? consecutive games to break Gehrig's record. He is an icon in Maryland.

My favorite player in all of sports is Chipper Jones. As long as he stays healthy, he plays like a superstar, only without the ego. Probably the only professional athlete to apologize to fans for something in his personal life. In every interview, he seems like a regular guy. I have never seen hime berate or belittle anyone.

My favorite player in all of sports is Chipper Jones. As long as he stays healthy, he plays like a superstar, only without the ego. Probably the only professional athlete to apologize to fans for something in his personal life. In every interview, he seems like a regular guy. I have never seen hime berate or belittle anyone.

I agree 100%. Chipper has always been my favorite player since I got into baseball. He plays hard and does what's right for the team (moving to LF for the team's cause?) He's been a major contributor for the Braves during their amazing run of division titles, and well deserved indeed.

My all time favorie player is Delino Deshields - the notorious other guy in what turned out to be a lopsided trade(Pedro)....he was my favorite player because he was a quick second baseman and looked to be a rising star when I was about 10 years old. I collected every baseball card of his. He was one of the first guys of that generation to show any type of support and understanding for the negro leagues. By all accounts a class guy too.

Other random players I liked were Lance Johnson(CF white sox), Andy Van Slyke (CF Bucs), Herm Winningham (OF Reds), Barry Larkin (SS Reds), Kenny Loften (CF Indians and million other teams)

Today my favorite player to watch is Ken Griffey Jr. he just knows the game.

I would have to say my all-time favorite player would be Mr. Cub, Ernie Banks, because he was a fantastic player who was one of the true pioneers of blacks in baseball. My second favorite, despite recent screw-ups, is Sammy Sosa. Even though I as well as many cubs fan are mad at him, it is hard to forget the electricity and excitment he created in wrigley, just a few years ago.

Some other that I like but not enough to name above would be Derrek Lee, Kerry Wood, David Ortiz, Carlos Zambrano, Aramis Ramirez, Jacque Jones, Michael Barrett, Moises Alou, Jim Edmonds, Gary Sheffield, Ken Griffey Jr., Ron Santo, Greg Maddux, Felix Pie, Corey and brother Eric Patterson, Johan Santana, and Ryan Dempster.

I know that was alot.

GO CUBS + RED SOX...but especially CUBS!!!

Fav current pitcher is Roy Halladay. Pure class and the biggest workhorse in baseball.

Fav current positional player is Carlos Delgado. Also pure classy individual, the greatest Blue Jays slugger of all-time and is one of the funnest players to watch when he's at bat. You never know when he's gonna coil back and crush a moonshot to any part of the field. Just a flick of the bat for him is all it takes.

Fav all-time player is without a doubt Johnny Olerud. The nicest, classiest ballplayer to play the game in the last few decades. amazing pure swing, one of the sweetest swings in the history of the game. Also a great story. Having head trauma and still making it to the bigs, not just making it, but straight from high school, he never even played a minor league game lol. That's amazing!

My all time favorite player is Mike Piazza. When I first started playing catcher (1993) all the hype in Dodgertown was about how good of a rookie he was (Won Rookie of the Year) and being a Dodger fan from stories both my grandfather's told me about, made me start following him. Since then he has always been one of the class acts of baseball in my opinion.

Bags.... always been pretty classy and modest. One helluva hitter who has overcome injuries and has been happy playing in the same town his whole career (after the infamous red sox trade).

BJ Surhoff is also a pretty classy guy. Saw him play in the 04 exhibition at bellsouth park in chattanooga against the reds. he was talking to fans for a good while before the game. a kid got nailed in the eye with a hard liner during bp and he was over there seeing if he was ok and getting the GM's (Frank Burke?) attention about the situation. That kid got absolutely owned, too. It was already blue/purple like 15 seconds after getting hit.

Dale Murphy - just a class act all the way around.

Jeff Bagwell - I love the way he leaves it on the field 110% effort

John Smoltz - just the way he goes about his business.

I could go on and on, but thats the big 3.

Wade Boggs was mine. He played 3rd base like me and he could hit the ball and get on base. 120% all the time. i was sad when he left boston. I was glad when he finally won a world series with the yankees. HE deserved it. Going out on Style with that horse you gotta love him.

I like Michael Barrett. He's pretty clutch. Everytime he comes to the plate I get the feeling something could happen. It might not mean anything, but the last three times I had on my Barrett jersey at a game, he hit a home run. Also, I liked seeing him slug A.J. It's good for rivalries when someone who has something coming to him, gets decked.

100% Chipper Jones - I guess it helped as a very little kid having my aunt love the Braves and more specifically, love Chipper Jones. Then I read a book about him and all about his 1994 season that never was (injury). He has been my favorite player from as long as I can remember, who else can hit 100 RBI and .300 average so many consecutive seasons. And you never hear about him lashing out or being a jerk to anyone.

Plus who needs a reason why a player is their favorite? Definatly Chipper Jones.

Archived