Fav PLayer (PLease post im doing a research project)

BigRog

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will clark- sweetest swing- he was "the trill" what else do you need?

pete rose- played like no other... except maybe ty cobb.

johnny bench - would play with broken feet and just tie his shoelaces tighter. no dl because of a blister...

i'm not sure who i would pick for present players. ichiro probably or griffey or maybe vlad. they're fun to watch. i like gary matthews jr a lot too he lays it down on the field...

Papelbon is amazing. if i was a women i would do him. :-)

:wall: :wall: LMAO :wall: :wall: thats one of the funniest things i have ever heard...and one of the nastiest at the same time...

and as for totte, i feel the same way about philip hughes. the guy is turning out to be the yankees' next potential ace.

and for favorite player, here are two of mine:

Don Mattingly - Just the words "Donnie Baseball" are enough for me. The guy won a ton of gold gloves, an MVP, and in his only postseason appearance he was a damn beast. I always remember the words from the 1995 ALDS when he went deep: "Hold on to the roof!" The guy was the perfect representation of how to play the game right.

Bubba Crosby - The guy is not underrated, just underappreciated. the guy hustles all the time, he makes the plays when it counts, i dont know why i feel for this guy. he just has something i cant explain, but the guy puts energy into the overpaid yankee outfield when he is up there (yeah i criticized george the boss for overpaying, hell if a player makes more than 5 mil a year without an MVP or rings, the guy is overpaid). And I loved that walkoff HR against Baltimore last year. That was clutch since the yankees were in the playoff hunt at the time, losing that game could have cost them the division title.

Mike Matheny - The toughtest man on earth. He is the best defensive catcher in the game and he's an honest man. He once took a pitch straight in the jaw and just walked down to first base spitting out blood.

Matheny is an excellent ball player. If i had to i would want him on my team

Matheny is an excellent ball player. If i had to i would want him on my team

very true - i'm still psyched that the giants got him. i wouldn't care if the man hit .200 every year because what he brings to the staff and the team as a whole is invaluable.

i forgot a couple of names earlier...can't believe i didn't put em down: Nolan Ryan, for obvious reasons. and Bo Jackson - don't know why, but i always digged Bo. hell, it was probably just the commercials :p

Roy Halladay but I'm starting to take a real shining to Alex Rios this year

Rios is an excellent ballplayer. He is a great hitter this season and i would be glad if he becomes a dominant shortstop in the game

I agree 100%. Chipper has always been my favorite player since I got into baseball. He plays hard and does what's right for the team (moving to LF for the team's cause?) He's been a major contributor for the Braves during their amazing run of division titles, and well deserved indeed.

Turn "Chipper" into "Craig Biggio", "LF" into "2B and CF" and "Braves" into "Astros" for me.

Also, I bet David Wells smells like moldy biscuits.

All-Time favorites:

Spike Owen... unheralded guy who went out and played every day. Gave it hia all every time.

Others that come to mind: Carl Yastrzemski, Todd Benzinger, Dale Murphy and Bill Mueller.

Yastrzemski was amazing

Bad thing here is this sometimes shows our age so, all well:

Bob Gibson- Saw him pitch in the 1967 and 68 World Series and there was nobody more competitive than him plus he threw the mighty Screwball. ERA of 1.12 in 1968 was incredible.

Ted Simmons- I believe the best switch hitting catcher of all-time. Very underrated.

Mike Schmidt- A class act and an all-around solid player defensively and offensively.

Bad thing here is this sometimes shows our age so, all well:

Bob Gibson- Saw him pitch in the 1967 and 68 World Series and there was nobody more competitive than him plus he threw the mighty Screwball. ERA of 1.12 in 1968 was incredible.

Ted Simmons- I believe the best switch hitting catcher of all-time. Very underrated.

Mike Schmidt- A class act and an all-around solid player defensively and offensively.

take a good hard look at my sig

because on his worse day he could out proform the wizard, if only he had a back flip

He gave it his all everytime he steped on the field, his style of play cost him because of injuries but I would not want it any other way

Archived