Add MVPMODS to wikipedia.org?

jogar84

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

loooooolll

oh boy oh boy, this wiki thing is fun.

OH MY GOD

'''Carter:''' Known as the Forum Commie or Truesdale's Shadow, a respected administrator amongst a fiscal hand of communistic fascists, he is widely hated for his involvement in 1976 Cuba Fiasco. A uniform modder from the 2004 era who's retirement went unnoticed. Famous for turning against Fuzz One during the start of the MVPMods league where Fuzz One was accused of cheating for using Pitchers as a lead-off hitter.

exactly man, i swear, i think kraw is switching it up on me because i didnt add that or the hory/krawhitham thing.

that's the truth.

kc, did u add the krawhitham/hory and carter thing? Im not gonna lie, that's how i feel but i didnt add that.

exactly man, i swear, i think kraw is switching it up on me because i didnt add that or the hory/krawhitham thing.

that's the truth.

kc, did u add the krawhitham/hory and carter thing? Im not gonna lie, that's how i feel but i didnt add that.

Lets look at all the changes 207.38.225.143 has made

changes4ab.th.png

and that IP traces to

Name: 207-38-225-143.c3-0.43d-ubr10.qens-43d.ny.cable.rcn.com

IP Address: 207.38.225.143

The page looked great when I went to bed this morning (kudos to KC for the initial posting). But what the heck happened? oh well, can it be cleaned up like it was? Hopefully it doesn't get deleted now.

===[[MVPMods]]===

The article has no legitimate basis for existing within Wikipedia's system, for it was clearly created based on an individual's biased perspective on an internet website. The article contains many unnecessary references to certain individuals and derides them within its text. This is absolutely unnecessary and cannot be tolerated. Very little factual information is being displayed, for the article is filled with opinionated, idiosyncratic statements with the sole intention of ''promoting'' the website. The absence of a neutral point of view throughout it, the inability to verify many of the article's statements, and the fact that it was written from an idiosyncratic perspective with the intention of advertising the webpage on Wikipedia, thus, legitimizes its deletion. Furthermore, one can visit the website itself at [[www.mvpmods.com]] and discover that the creation of this page has clearly been an immature advertising campaign in order to arouse amusement amongst its members. [[user:Themaroons|Themaroons]] 18:34, 6 July 2006 (UTC)

sadly, it will most likey be deleted.

I wonder if TheMaroons is a member of this site...

i guess it was a violation of site promotion and its "indiosyncratic perspective". Which is a joke because half the stuff on wikipedia is unreliable anyway. It was fun while it lasted, and i'll just save the page on my harddrive for kicks.

I was wondering why Maddenmania was not marked for deletion too, but it is now,

Maddenmania only has an Alexa ranking of 327,415 compared to Mods 91,836, that's pretty good for MVPmods, in fact, you could almost say it's the most popular independent baseball videogaming site there is.

anyone that is a wikipedia member needs to edit the deletion page and add '''Keep''' to it. The fact what it is "the most popular independent baseball videogaming site there is" should mean something

I cleaned up the page the best I could

Alexa rankings are not listed in the Wikipedia:Notability (web) section for Criteria for web content

being list in Computer Games magazine in the June 2005 issue should also help

This is ridiculous, how dare they say that we're doing this for our own amusement. It's stupid, especially when other sites are on wikipedia. Sure it looked opinionated but it's not like the people who did the page can't clean it up.

Archived