Add MVPMODS to wikipedia.org?

jogar84

No, I'm not talking about "older generation doesn't understand", but everywhere you go, whatever time period, every person and group is going to have a different sense of humor, and different ways of how they say stuff. Like it or not, that's how I say stuff.

So you don't have an idea...which means the entire worthwhile content of that post is simply "wow, I just read this whole thing...
Keeping what I said above in mind, what I was saying by that post was "I have a crazy idea, but don't worry, I won't actually do it." Sorry, it's just how I say stuff - it seems no matter what I say or do, somebody's always going to be on my back, ready with a list of things as to why I should've just kept my trap shut instead of trying to voice my opinion.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An entry was added and then edited into a pretty decent article, but it got voted for deletion by the wikimafia, because it wasn't worthy

Yet a 13 page article about Knuckles the Echidna is worthy of wikipedia, apparently,

I wish I'd had a copy of the edited entry, it was fairly decent in the end imo., could just re-add it.

No, I'm not talking about "older generation doesn't understand", but everywhere you go, whatever time period, every person and group is going to have a different sense of humor, and different ways of how they say stuff. Like it or not, that's how I say stuff.

By making no sense at all? That's how you say stuff? Well, good luck with that.

Keeping what I said above in mind, what I was saying by that post was "I have a crazy idea, but don't worry, I won't actually do it."

I don't think too many people would even care if you did do it, to be quite honest. And where, exactly, does the "but still..." come in? To me, that post reads similarly to "I have a dog. Wait, no, I don't. Hmm, maybe I do." in that it gives the reader no actual idea of the facts you're presenting and you seem to be debating with yourself about whether or not you have an idea.

Sorry, it's just how I say stuff - it seems no matter what I say or do, somebody's always going to be on my back, ready with a list of things as to why I should've just kept my trap shut instead of trying to voice my opinion.

If that's how it seems to you, then wouldn't it be a neat idea to actually have a point when you post a message, so that you can post a rebuttal to whoever is "on [your] back"? Here's something you can impress your English teacher with: "In times of peace, prepare for war."

And the irony being that by acknowledging the "spamming", the moderator has created even more spam.

:wtg:

And the further irony is that you've just contributed to it. Congratulations! How long have you been back again?

I don't think too many people would even care if you did do it, to be quite honest. And where, exactly, does the "but still..." come in? To me, that post reads similarly to "I have a dog. Wait, no, I don't. Hmm, maybe I do."
You're still not getting it - That's just how I talk. If you don't understand that's what I meant, too bad. Hopefully someone else will.

Why can't you just leave it be anyway? i don't understand, I'm not going to insult you or anything. Why do you have to continue the argument? I just made a small comment, that's it, let it pass. Maybe pm me or something and advise me what to do, but know you just turned one (in your opinion) "off-topic" post into a whole page full of them. I don't want to continue with this argument either...

Here's an idea......MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Ahh, that great Yankee4Life double standard, how I've missed it so much.

It seems to me every time ether Y4L or MarkB get in any sort of argument, no matter how small Hory shows up to escalate the situation.

As does the appearance of suck-ups to lead a cheer for them.

And the further irony is that you've just contributed to it. Congratulations! How long have you been back again?

So that makes this a triple irony then.

Of course I also made a post that wasn't actually off-topic, but we'll pretend I didn't do that, so that you can be right.

I have been unbanned for 4 days now, it's been great, it's really a shame that such a good site has moderators with such poor judgement.

As does the appearance of suck-ups to lead a cheer for them.

:cheer: Give me a Y :cheer: Give me a 4 :cheer: Give me a L.

Seriously though, I'm not supporting Y4L or MarkB. I never once said that they were right, nor did I ever say they were wrong. All I did was point out that whenever ether of them gets in an argument you somehow mange to get involved, even when you have nothing to do with the subject of conversation.

Now, I'm not saying your not allowed to express your opinion, it's just seems to me sometimes all your trying to do is escalate the situation beyond what it already is. That may not be your intention but from where I’m sitting it defiantly seems that way.

Or maybe this topic does have something to do with me as I posted in this topic months ago and received a email notification of reply....

But yes, how brave you are to jump aboard the flame Hory bandwagon after Y4L and MarkB have already had their little ***** at me.

I'm still waiting for you to call out nearly every other poster in this thread including yourself for escalating things.

how brave you are to jump aboard the flame Hory bandwagon
Hory-> :flame: <-Me

While you may have posted in this topic months ago, the current subject of conversation had nothing to do with you.

Again you still have every right to post your opinion.

And you’re right, in hindsight my post did escalate things, by egging on a response from you. It wasn't my intention, but it was still wrong and I apologize for that.

Ahh, that great Yankee4Life double standard, how I've missed it so much.

Well if you don't like how things are run, scram. I don't have a double standard. I just don't like troublemakers. And that's why I'm so fond of you.

I have been unbanned for 4 days now, it's been great, it's really a shame that such a good site has moderators with such poor judgement.

And it's really a shame that someone who is recognized as one of the top modders on this website -and rightfully so- can also be on a daily basis the biggest jerk this site has ever come across.

:cheer: Give me a Y :cheer: Give me a 4 :cheer: Give me a L.

Seriously though, I'm not supporting Y4L or MarkB. I never once said that they were right, nor did I ever say they were wrong. All I did was point out that whenever ether of them gets in an argument you somehow mange to get involved, even when you have nothing to do with the subject of conversation.

Now, I'm not saying your not allowed to express your opinion, it's just seems to me sometimes all your trying to do is escalate the situation beyond what it already is. That may not be your intention but from where I’m sitting it defiantly seems that way.

Your comments are appreciated and your observations on what Hory does in here is right on the money. He follows us around and tries to challenge every thing we say and attempts to start fights. Trust me, those days are done.

My advice to you is not to get involved, and let me explain. I'm not saying you can't comment, because you can if you want. But if you do, he'll put his attention on you and he'll start giving you *&^&. You don't want that. We'll handle this.

Thanks I needed a good laugh

Why don't you tell me how smart guy? Why the hell do you want to start having problems with me again?

I don't know how you can't see how Hory is in here. If he actually stayed out of situations that had nothing to do with him, he'd be a lot better off. If Hory was never banned again from this place he would be happy and so would I.

Why don't you tell me how smart guy? Why the hell do you want to start having problems with me again?

Are you ******* kidding me? Remember you asked.

Most people here will not have the balls to call you on it and you go nuts when they do

But lets go with the easy one

You bash the Red Sox and Red Sox fans, but when someone does the same thing to the Yankees you blow a gasket and some of the time you ban them for saying the same stuff about the Yankees you said about the Red Sox.

I will say you are not the worse admin here when it comes to double standards. But you are a close 2nd.

I don't know how you can't see how Hory is in here.

He's like a super hero, fighting for the injustice of others.

Someone has to be the voice of reason

If he actually stayed out of situations that had nothing to do with him, he'd be a lot better off.

Sorta Like MarkB banning Hory for an argument between YOU and HORY?

As you guys would say

Post of the Day & Co-signed.

Hory, I was very upset when I typed that. I'm more upset at your attitude in here more than anything else. I would like however to apologize for that remark if it upset or made you mad in any way. Even if you don't care about what I wrote, I still apologize.

This place is a figging internet forum...for God's sake, lets just let this madness go! There are bigger things in this godforsaken world to worry about, then what someone is acting like on the internet.

Everybody should take a step back and realize what they are doing to this place...before Trues has had enough and shuts it the hell down. Trues runs this site for us...not for himself. It's because a guy went out of his way to create THE BEST mods site on the net, that we have this place to come and talk baseball, videogames, and life. Lately though, there is more turmoil here, then there is in the Middle East.

Egos and hotheads are a common place in the real world...why do they have to be here? Why can't this place be an oasis for us. A place where we can get away from the daily grind of things...rather then acting like a bunch of infants?

Hory feels he has been wronged, Kraw sticks up for him...the Admins, myself included, do the best we can in judging situations...some members aren't going to like our decisions, and that's fair...move on. If Y4L or anyone else makes a decision you don't like, what the Hell is the big deal. It doesn't affect your life outside of the internet...you are still going to ge t up in the morning, you still are going to have money, you are still going to be alive,,,letting Admins on a message board affect your judgement the way it does to some of our members, is crazy. We are all humans, and we all have lives away from our PCs. It's bad enough arguing with people in real life...why do it here?

Kraw, and Hory...you guys are some of the most talented people I have ever met...both in my daily life, and online. Be proud of the stuff you have done here. Your an asset to this board and we all know this. Nobody has a vendetta against you, regardless what you think. Most of the fights on here are because you are sticking up for other people, then that brings the heat on you...Worry about your own stuff, and I am sure things would be different here.

The admins aren't your enemies...we are needed to keep members in line. I am the first to admit sometimes we are wrong...but there is no need to hate us, there is no need for all this arguing.

Everyone needs to take a step back, take a deep breath, and realize what MVP would be like if we didn't have this site.

Hory, I was very upset when I typed that. I'm more upset at your attitude in here more than anything else. I would like however to apologize for that remark if it upset or made you mad in any way. Even if you don't care about what I wrote, I still apologize.

Y4L i apluad (sp?) you for taking the step back and being the bigger man. that post was one of your most marvalouse of all. even if you werent in the wrong and who really cares....the point is it takes massive balls to apologize about something and take action for mistakes.

Archived