Quest for the perfect stadium

NYM

I already have a plan for my Next Generation stadium, which will not only be for the Mets, but a release as a generic stadium just to use.

I can't base this stadium on my opinions alone. Then it would just be a perfect stadium to me. My question is to you, what makes a stadium unique in your perspective? Is it the backround of a stadium? Is it the features in the outfield?

Please tell me.

Don't blow off this thread because in the end it will benifit you, the player.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outfield dimensions really makes a ball park special,its kinda like the light signature of a light house. Id like to see a deep CF with a nice visual center piece behind the wall, Ill take some screens of OF's stadiums in MVP06 and give you an example of which ones I think are the best.

The Giants ballpark is very unique with the glove and good dimensions.

It also depends on where you want the park. Sf has a good location with the bay and everything, Although being from the bay area, the oakland stadium was pretty good before the upper deck towards center field, it had all the hills in the background. If you maybe had a stadium that had a bay scenario but in the distance background it had the New York Downtown buildings. In my opinion, with all the lights of the buildings in the night. Good dimensions might be something like this. 320' right 400' right center, 385 center 300 left

maybe you could have a small foul territory. This is a cool project

maybe a stadium with this sort of background. I saw your sig, maybe you could have a transparent twin towers to comemerate 9/11.

new-york-city.jpg

More things I need to know. Do you like double decker bullpens, side to side bullpens, oposite side of the field, etc. Closed backround, open backround.

All information will be greatly appreciated.

More things I need to know. Do you like double decker bullpens, side to side bullpens, oposite side of the field, etc. Closed backround, open backround.

All information will be greatly appreciated.

you know the bullpens in Petco, that would be kind of cool.

Scoreboard also is a key part of a stadium, Comerica has a cool scoreboard. Maybe you could base yours on that.

double decker bullpens would be cool, it would be cool to have a polo grounds type of dimensions but maybe not as extreme. maybe 290 down the lines but like 420 to center, it would be unique

Yea, the polo grounds were very cool, never been there but my grandpa has, and he says its awesome.

Pujols: Busch is also very cool.

Keep it coming. All this info is being taken in, and when I'm done, I will have a rough sketch of the stadium. Then I will post it on the forums.

What about outfield. Just having a crowd in the outfield is boring. Any ideas?

Keep it coming. All this info is being taken in, and when I'm done, I will have a rough sketch of the stadium. Then I will post it on the forums.

What about outfield. Just having a crowd in the outfield is boring. Any ideas?

you could have a unique outfield by not having a crowd. at the end of the stadium it could be a bay. like in the picture i posted above.

there's not much you can do.

I was thinking more along the lines of a monument park type thing, or a restaurant. Something like that. Remeber, this stadium will be unique.

I'm not really for the no crowd thing all wround, because after playing at Shea so many times, something I would like is a crowd.

Maybe have a statue out in the outfield?

Great Idea!!

It could be like a great player from the outfield, infield and pitcher

for example left field, after the crowd seats if you go with that, you could have Willie Mays, Center Field you could have Nolan Ryan Right field you could have Jackie Robinson

Willie Mays

statue.jpg

Nolan Ryan

photo11.gif

Jackie Robinson

robinson_jackie_3.jpg

NYM06: too bad, but do you like the Ny Background

A restaurant would be cool in the outfield. I also like the idea of having a bay out there. Maybe you could do something where you have the bay on one side and a restaurant on the other.

Scoreboards are very important. You need to have an excellent scoreboard for a park to succed. I like the one at Bush personally.

Double-decker bullpens would be cool, but the thing thatwould top it for me would be a fourth deck. having a fourth deck would make it seem big and towering over all.

For the bullpens Id have them in the outfield running horizontally one on the lf wall and one on the rf wall, the one on the RF will Id have it be under the seats, like imagine your playing in MinuteMaid Park, you know the right field seats? Well imagine the bull home bullpen right under them, not infront of them but like straight under the seats.

Well you can't move bullpens because the players are coded into the game for that specific bullpen, but right now I'm leaning towards double decker bullpens. I really like the ones they have in Anahiem.

As for a retauraunt, what type should it be. What should it look like?

Mastroka: Good idea, those bullpens are awesome. I was thinking that the NY background would just top everything that this stadium is going to have

MYM06: Good Idea on starting this stadium! :D

The restaraunt maybe should like a 2 miniturized twin towers to make it unique and it would be a good memorial type thing.

I was actually going to do a backround where The stadium was facing the Brooklyn and Manhatten Bridge and in the backround the Empire state Building. Ill google earth it to give more info.

I was actually going to do a backround where The stadium was facing the Brooklyn and Manhatten Bridge and in the backround the Empire state Building. Ill google earth it to give more info.

Good thinking, thats probably more logical.

Good Luck with the whole project.

S

Archived