Quest for the perfect stadium

NYM

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by ditch i meant just a depression...like a reverse of tall's hill

ramblings 2: (not all are winners)

a lake or pond in center field in front of a batters eye, different colored flag poles, a fieldwhere centerfield is shallow (335) and the corners are deep (400), a plexiglass walll like the metrodome use to have, ivy somewhere, instead of stands in center field have too large open air building with inclined seats in right center and left center connected with a air bridge in center that can be hit wit a baseball, a lazy river around the outfield, bullpens next to the dugout behnind homeplate with plexiglass to see tehm warming up, a grass mound with dirt just from the rubber down in front, a part where the upperdeck actually leans over the fence maybe with collumns that are in play, a really deep backstop, plexiglass backstop instead of netting, some sorda monument, a jumbo tron screen inside of a big monster type of wall, a score board thats kinda skinny but stretches the entire length of the out field, a dugout enclosed by plexiglass, a high way that goes through left field really close that balls land on it or even go over it, a super high upperdeck, a bullseye that juts off the foul pole that says like 'a million dollars', a mcdonalds, a hittable building outside ofthe stadium, a complete hole in the outfield stands that you can see througha dn hit a ball through into maybe a bay (a square with out seats thats of significant size), have stand on both sides of the out field but not center field and have a large walkway from one side to another suspended in air,

if u need explanation on any lemme know

have stand on both sides of the out field but not center field and have a large walkway from one side to another suspended in air,

if u need explanation on any lemme know

How would the walkway work because it would have to be really high and if the ball hit the walkway would it be in play or not in play etc.

S

dshilly monkey, great ideas, can you just put them into a drawing. I get what your saying, but it would be nice if I can get a drawing of some sort. Doesn't have to be great, anything will do.

Also with your stands in play idea is cool, and I suppose it could be done, but it would be kind of pointless. I am thinking of adding seating in the outfield that would go over into fair territory like the new Mets stadium is supposed to be like.

Hey Eric, I kinda played with the idea, and this is what I came up with. I don't know if it should be regular seating, or standing seating. The wall is 360' down the line, 60' long, and 25' tall. It's a no green monster, its a giant. Long distance, big wall, should be fun. Anyway here are my dimensions and a concept of the wall:

acw8.jpg

sorry the quality is so poor but i think they get the points across

the walkway suspended in air in center field

walkway.jpg

the highway in left field

highway.jpg

the two building with seats inside rather than having actual stands

building.jpg

the hole in the left field stands that a ball can be hit through possibly into a bay

hole.jpg

anything else lemme know

maybe on the top of the wall where the bay is behind it, make a set of team flags that stand on top of the wall. Somewhat like safeco field on the roof track. Ive always liked the idea of team flags showing the current standings. (even though the flags couldnt be updated for standings) an example is below, even if they arent on the wall, the flags could be somewhere.

bigger pic

the highway in left field

highway.jpg

the hole in the left field stands that a ball can be hit through possibly into a bay

hole.jpg

Those are both in right field...

these dimensions would be cool

cd22a97eff.jpg

"Restaurant'' is spelled wrong.

And also, Why do you people hate symmetry so much?

Symmetry is boring. This is suposed to be a unique stadium, something never done before. We want weird bounces, high walls, long power alleys and such. I just find symmetry to be boring.

Symmetry is boring. This is suposed to be a unique stadium, something never done before. We want weird bounces, high walls, long power alleys and such. I just find symmetry to be boring.

In this day and age, however, symmetry in baseball fields is unique.

I think that it would be pretty sweet if the outfield gradually got higher the farther you went.. Like it would be ground level at home plate 2' higher at first, 4' higher at second.. and however much higher the farther u decide to make you outfield.. it would make some interesting dive plays, and youd definately have to have some power behind ground balls to get the ball through the gaps.. tell me what you think..

Here is my idea for a stadium. Brooklyn locale with East river in the background. It has a buildling in left, a resturant in center and the "bay" in the back. The building is 3 stories with possible seating on top. The resturant is field level with Tiger stadium esq, low fences until the right field foul poll. There isn't a foul territory because I was in a rush, but a similar foul territory to yankee stadium would be good, also seating off Yankee stadium. Score board is in RC. hope this helps.2092igx.jpg

i think for the building idea to work it would have to be different from petco. maybe put it in right center or something really unique.

Nym...you started anything on this park yet? maybe hire pirate to help you out since hes an absolute genius.

i think for the building idea to work it would have to be different from petco. maybe put it in right center or something really unique.

Nym...you started anything on this park yet? maybe hire pirate to help you out since hes an absolute genius.

dude, u double posted but i still agree with your thoughts on the building.

Archived