Quest for the perfect stadium

NYM

Well I just wikied Brooklyn Bridge. I'm not going to make a crappy model, I'm going to make it like the real dimensions. This should really help with most of it.:

Longest span 1,595 feet 6 inches (486.3 m)

Total length 5,989 feet (1825 m)

Width 85 feet (26 m)

Clearance below 135 feet at mid-span (41 m)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok finished putting the "homerun porch" in right field. For now, i'm not going to put it over into fair territory, as I don't know my way around wall.dat, colis.dat etc. Maybe in my final versions I'll work on it. Maybe I'll give a few screenshots later. Big maybe.

Ok finished putting the "homerun porch" in right field. For now, i'm not going to put it over into fair territory, as I don't know my way around wall.dat, colis.dat etc. Maybe in my final versions I'll work on it. Maybe I'll give a few screenshots later. Big maybe.

I would like to see some screenshots to see how it's coming! I've been following this with interest.

I'm going to try and fix the right field stands. I think I stretched the verts to much.

Also, if I merged two stadiums together, with all the missing textures from the "doner"stadium, if I imported the whole cram32 file with FSHED, will all the missing textures problems stop?

The Bridge is a lot of work, and I decided to take off from the stadium for a week. I need it because it gets really tedious at times, and can get really annoying. Don't think I'm taking off though. I finished my first uniform for the Mets in this project, but when I run the index file I get this error:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8835/a231zy6.jpg

The Giants ballpark is very unique with the glove and good dimensions.

It also depends on where you want the park. Sf has a good location with the bay and everything, Although being from the bay area, the oakland stadium was pretty good before the upper deck towards center field, it had all the hills in the background. If you maybe had a stadium that had a bay scenario but in the distance background it had the New York Downtown buildings. In my opinion, with all the lights of the buildings in the night. Good dimensions might be something like this. 320' right 400' right center, 385 center 300 left

maybe you could have a small foul territory. This is a cool project

maybe a stadium with this sort of background. I saw your sig, maybe you could have a transparent twin towers to comemerate 9/11.

new-york-city.jpg

That picture is mid-town.

They could never build a stadium in New York overlooking the city skyline because it would have to be facing west. Which would place the sun in the batters' eyes.

The only other option would be to build it in NJ. And that would mean they wouldn't be a NY team. Unless you have a case like the pathetic NY Giants and Jets playing a few miles inland into NJ.

Maybe the otherway it would be possible is to have a retractabe roof that shades the stadium form the sun in the afteroon. But then what would be the point of the backdrop?

Another option would be to build it in Manhattan, but there is nowhere to build a new stadium in Manhattan.

Basically, it cant happen in NYC to have a stadium overlooking the skyline. Which really sucks.

On a second note: they could build one on Staten Island which would place the stadium facing north-east. But i doubt theyd ever build a MLB ballpark on Staten Island, if there is even room to build one there. Plus Staten Island is too far from the southern tip of Manhattan to even have the backdrop make an impact.

Map of NYC:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/maps/usa...ty-vicinity.jpg

The Bridge is a lot of work, and I decided to take off from the stadium for a week. I need it because it gets really tedious at times, and can get really annoying. Don't think I'm taking off though. I finished my first uniform for the Mets in this project, but when I run the index file I get this error:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8835/a231zy6.jpg

Re-do the alpha file. I think you can also greyscale it, or decrease the color depth.

Don't worry, I didn't forget about the project. It is however taking a turn.

Why would I make a stadium and uniforms just for the Mets?

Feed off that because that's all I'll be giving for a long time. This project is probably not what you will expect, but I assure you it will be done, and it will be fun.

Have fun guessing (even though I'm sure some of you will get it)

I know this is bumping, but I really need a fix for this. Please people, don't ignore this. I really need your help! What can I possibly doing wrong.

Also, in detail how would i greyscale using Photoshop? What file am I editing? Id the problem coming from 0003 or 0004? HELP!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived