Quest for the perfect stadium

NYM

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

itd be great if u could have a close street with building like wrigley and then in either left or right have a bay and a city in the background of that.

dn if it could work but itd be cool to have a sorda ditch in center like the opposite of the astro hill. flag poles are important in a stadium.

ive always wanted to see a stadium that had the stands just into play from foul territory half way in the out field. just a little pennisula to where if the balls in front or behind its in play but if it lands in the stand at that point its a homerun. might be impossible and you probably dont know what im talking about.hers a picture, forgive the crudeness.

stands.jpg

now ramblings...

maybe an upperdeck waterfall, bar inside a giant wall, a giant beer mug that fills up or pours out on a homerun, a moat behind the out field wall, and upper deck of only 20 rows that surrounds the whole stadium without a lower deck beneath it in parts.

Hello Steve Bartman Stadium. lol

You should have it hang over left, so when Barry comes, they can drop syringes on him. :)

Seriously though, Hanging over center would be cool. Although It'll turn warning track power into Homeruns.

I think you should have a ditch in center, like an Anti-Houston.

Im kindof thinking something like Minute Maid Park on one of my ideas. You know how there is no seating in left field beside the Crawford boxes? What if right field was like that but the whole wall would be in play? Then on top there would be seating. A homerun would be in the seats, which would almost be impossible if you start going down towards right center, but should play for some interesting triples and such. Then the shopping center/restaurant idea could be incorporated there, where people can walk around and stuff like that. Some would be glass and the rest brick. What are your thoughts?

Maybe I can use Coors field as a base for that idea if it's chosen. I can use remove the right field seating except for the upper deck, and then just raise the wall to the upper deck.

Matroska, here is where your idea will come into play. I can have the side by side bullpens under or more like "inside" the building.

So there would be the big wall, but then you have the two bullpens at the bottom.

I'm also going to try and get animated ads in this to. I know it can be done, so maybe I can get the out of tow scoreboard to change every 3 innings or something like that. That would make this very realistic.

what about if the wall was like minute maid where its got arches and have it to where the walls in play but if it goes into an arch its a homerun....so if u hit above the arch and it hits the wall, its still in play.

or how about have a big wall with an upper deck that hangs over the field but pretty high up. Id love to see like 2 collumn supports that are on the field, kinda like minute maids flag pole.

My perfect stadium:

portlandoverview2ia4.th.jpg

Curves like an extreme RFK, tapering and fountains like Kauffman, symmetrical outfield, huge outfield dimensions and tiny foul ground. Glass, steel and concrete, the medium is the message.

LF/RF Foul Pole: 347'

Edge of Curved Wall: 377'

LF/RF Alley: 385'

CF: 425'

But, for the record, it should be noted that it's only about a 3' wall all the way around, perfect for diving catches into the stands. Plus, with the fountains in center field, we're really going to see how dedicated outfielders are. Would you dive into a giant pool of water to catch a walk-off?

I'm gona start Oediting the stadium. I've collected a whole bunch of ideas, and I think I have it. Don't worry, this won't be the only stadium I make. I will make more fantasy stadiums for teams.

!!!!! I need someone to PM me on how to get ads into the game, and how to make glass in the game, you know the see through effect !!!!

i like stadiums that have a tall wall that shortens one side of the outfield... im thinking fenway, jacobs, at&t... these allow you to put a power hitter/crappy fielder there with not as much damage to your teams defense :)

Archived