Quest for the perfect stadium

NYM

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a river, it's a glass sloping exterior to the stadium. You can see it better in other photos.

Vectorworks has trouble rendering transparencies sometimes, so this is just a generic blue image until I can get it solved.

It's not a river, it's a glass sloping exterior to the stadium. You can see it better in other photos.

Vectorworks has trouble rendering transparencies sometimes, so this is just a generic blue image until I can get it solved.

I used Vectorworks in a high school drafting course all year long and we were having the same problem. I think the way we solved it was by putting the glass texture in its own class or something

SEAN O how long did it take you to make that Stadium?

Gosh, no idea. This is the 5th or 6th stadium I've made from the ground up, so I have a bit of experience with it now. I've been working on it very sporadically for the last 6 months or so, but I figure i've put in well over 100 hours into it.

Wish I could figure out a way to make this profitable like the people doing physical models, but no dice as of yet.

Just wondering any news on the new mets stadium? If I understand correctly are you working on the new mets ballbark?

I'm making a fantasy stadium for the Mets, and then when I'm done with it, I'll release it as a generic stadium. I will however be working on the new Mets stadium in the winter.

UPDATE: I have a final stadium plan. here is how it goes.

I'm using Coors as a base for the side by side bullpens. In right I will remove all seating, to make a wall that goes to the upper deck. Then in center grass with the usual batters eye. In left center a waterfall. In left I will have something like the homerun porch at the ballpark in arlington, except this will extend out over the field by 10 feet! It will how the main scoreboard on top of that.

I already have a plan for my Next Generation stadium, which will not only be for the Mets, but a release as a generic stadium just to use.

I can't base this stadium on my opinions alone. Then it would just be a perfect stadium to me. My question is to you, what makes a stadium unique in your perspective? Is it the backround of a stadium? Is it the features in the outfield?

Please tell me.

Don't blow off this thread because in the end it will benifit you, the player.

do not make the outfield wall symmetric....meaning have different distances for the left and right field lines, left and right field gaps and make one of the two deep...yes, yes just like at Yankee Stadium , but I love ball parks with an assymetric OF. I love Fenway, I just hate the team that plays there. :D

I bet I know the problem, extract the removable orl/ord files from the stadium.big you are using as a base. your probably extracting the mstadium files from a modded stadium, in which case, the mstadium files would have been switched with the removable files. you cant edit removable.o files in OEdit

Don't want to show the pics to early. I wan't it to take form first. To make it look different from Coors. I've been experimenting with the high wall in right and it just doesn't work out. I'm just going to use my original concept for a wall in right.

BTW: Im merging the Ameriquest field with Coors, coors being the base, and I was wondering, after transfering all the files from eht metal bin and stuff like that, will I be able to use the replay screen from ameriquest?

Or can I just create a replay board? Can someone give me detail on that.

Also this is very important or I will not show pics. I need to learn how to put ads into the game, so someone who knows PM me. Until I can get some ads in the game I will not show pics.

Archived