Quest for the perfect stadium

NYM

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my brother made a good point while i told him about the project, he said that the seats should be toward the overall pitching mound, not just straight out, i know that doesnt make a difference in the overall scheme of things but it were real like every seat would be good. like down the third baseline and first baseline.

Better idea, what about the bay being in center field. I've never seen that.

Remeber I need every idea possible to construct a stadium.

More info: Where should the scoreboard go? More shapes and ideas for a restaurant. I like the backround of NY. I can make the empire state building blue and orange.

Please people the ideas have to keep coming! I Wan't to get a rough sketch within the next hour or so. If you want your idea in the rough sketch keep the ideas coming!

I think that it should have bits and pieces of a bunch of stadiums. Like the green monster w/ the astros hill etc.

Not a bad idea, but maybe thats another project, one stadium with different aspects of diffent stadiums, but i dont think the green monster is too appealing.

just a question, How much info do you need to get just a rough sketch of what the stadium might look like, i know theres a lot of work involved, but something that i thought of is that what kind of adds do you want, you could have some from different countries, after all its going to be based in New York, so why not have different adds, cause you know ellis island is in NY.

S

Here's my idea...

If you want to make it unique make the whole right field wall a restaurant and have the 3rd upper deck go over it held up by beams so people can stand on top and watch. Have no seats in center field, just the hitters eye and bullpens, with standing room for fans to watch, and the flags. Right field has a couple rows of seats with a relatively small scoreboard. Have the main part start alittle behind the foul poles and go all the rest of the way around. Three decks. Right behind home plate, take out the second deck and replace it with a pressbox, from about one dugout to the other. No lights in the outfield. Also make sure there's a nice backdrop for the outfield.

Hope that all made sense!

I think a resturant should be in right field.

A perfect stadium to me would have a bullpen and some seats in the outfield along with flags. The scoreboard would be in left or right field. A nice view. Odd angles in the outfield to make for some interesting plays, butnot somany or ones so odd that it takes away from the look or messes up the field.

Ya, that does make for good plays. :D And tough ones :(

You could name the restaurant in center the batters eye, and then maybe just make the batters eye a restaurant like an all green building w/ black tinted windows. Then with some room on each side of the restaurant you would be able to see the bay from there. That would be very cool. So like, BAY - RESTAURANT - BAY

You could name the restaurant in center the batters eye, and then maybe just make the batters eye a restaurant like an all green building w/ black tinted windows. Then with some room on each side of the restaurant you would be able to see the bay from there. That would be very cool. So like, BAY - RESTAURANT - BAY

Thats a very clever idea, but i dont get the BAY - RESTAURANT - BAY thing

S

itd be great if u could have a close street with building like wrigley and then in either left or right have a bay and a city in the background of that.

dn if it could work but itd be cool to have a sorda ditch in center like the opposite of the astro hill. flag poles are important in a stadium.

ive always wanted to see a stadium that had the stands just into play from foul territory half way in the out field. just a little pennisula to where if the balls in front or behind its in play but if it lands in the stand at that point its a homerun. might be impossible and you probably dont know what im talking about.hers a picture, forgive the crudeness.

stands.jpg

now ramblings...

maybe an upperdeck waterfall, bar inside a giant wall, a giant beer mug that fills up or pours out on a homerun, a moat behind the out field wall, and upper deck of only 20 rows that surrounds the whole stadium without a lower deck beneath it in parts.

You know what would be cool with a restaurant in the outfield? Have a whole sort of restaurant / gift shop / team museum that's two stories tall with full glass or plexiglass windows, with rails for people to watch the game all the way across one level and tables/seats all the way across the bottom level. Make it a sort of Green Monster, in that balls that bounce off of it are playable. I explored this idea a little bit for SeanO's stadium contest.

I also like the concept of a space needle-type thing going up and down one of the foul poles. It'd be hard to do in a video game though.

--Eric

I also like the concept of a space needle-type thing going up and down one of the foul poles. It'd be hard to do in a video game though.

--Eric

Space Needle would be awesome but i dont think that would work.

dshillymonkey- how would a ditch in center field work? But in your ramblings you have some really good ideas.

S

Archived