MVP 07:MLB released

Hory

Hi there. I found this site last night while looking for information on where the roster file is for the PC of MVP Baseball 2005.

Anyways, I just want to say that I got this game on my Xbox (2005). My Xbox is also getting older and I don't know how much time is left for the console. Also, Microsoft did not (and unlikely will not) make MVP 2005 backwards compatible on the 360.

Another thing is, my nephew has a 360 and he told me saved games from Xbox cannot be transferred to the 360. So double the suck for that.

So, I decided that I need to find a copy of MVP Baseball 2005 for the PC (since games that date back to '98 or '99 still works on my puter & laptop). I couldn't find any used or new at the gamestores like EB Games in my city. I checked eBay and nothing at that point. I did find through Amazon.com that 3 sellers in California (gamestores) had copies of MVP Baseball for the PC and brand new, still in wrapping. As we all know, they wanted some serious money for it.

I talked to a friend of mine on the west coast of Canada to phone some EB stores for a used copy. She quickly got in touch with me and said one place had a new one, all wrapped up and could be had for $35 Cdn - NEW! So, she got it for me and she told me later the guy found 2 more new copies in the back. I can't quite remember but if so, the selling price is $35 Cdn.

I remember seeing one poster on another thread (he had a San Diego Padres avatar) and said his copy of MVP Baseball doesn't work anymore and one of the discs is fubar and was bidding adios to this site. If any of you know who I'm referring to, get in touch with me and I can give you the store location in Vancouver, Canada that might have 2 extra copies, new, of MVP baseball 2005.

Anyways, I downloaded this mod and installed it in a different file to prevent it from messing up my initial install. I started it earlier today and looked it over. As Darth Vader would say ... impressive.

Hats off to the guys that spent countless hours working on a phoenomenal mod. I am thoroughly impressed.

I was glad to read that the 2007 schedule is installed in the game. How many times have some of us restarted dynasties, owner, etc and using our fave teams (Blue Jays in the AL and the Astros in the NL for me) and start off with the same 2005 schedule over?

I'm glad for this site and getting a PC copy of MVP Baseball 2005. I hope MLB realizes sooner or later what a collosal mistake they made by giving the contract solely to Take2 sports and not let EA get it considering EA makes some excellent games in the gaming world. At least EA Sports went out with a bang with 2005 and we all hope EA Sports can again sometime down the road get this contract back.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if they have been asked, but two quick questions:

1) The new ball/camera-angle is difficult to see when in the outfield. Is there a good camera angle or ball texture file anyone could suggest?

2) With behind the pitcher camera angle, runners and second baseman/shortstop seem poorly textured. Not sure if that was an issue last year, or even just an issue on my end, but has anyone else noticed this.

If these issues have been addressed, simply pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm having a strange gameplay problem. My fireballers (Zumaya and Verlander) quite often throw their fastballs right through the catcher. The pitch ends up hitting the backstop and is actually in play, as the catcher has to throw out the hitter on a third strike. I mean, the pitch passes right through Pudge's body.

Zumaya is set to 100 mph and Verlander 98 mph, per KG's rosters. Is that just too fast for the game to handle?

Ok, I installed MLB07, and cannot finish a Dynasty game. Everytime I get about 10-15 minutes into the game, it crashes back to the desktop. I don't have this problem with MVP Baseball 2005 originally, and never had it with MVP 06 mod, but for some reason, it keeps crashing. I've only tried to play Baltimore @ Minnesota, so is there something wrong with the Metrodome, or something like that, which would cause it to crash?

I think there's something wrong with the cram32.fsh files inside the fenway stadium files (and possibly more stadiums)

When I try to extract the BMPs out of the cram32.fsh file using nfshtool, I can only extract about 20 or so BMPs, and that's it.

Anyone know about this problem already?

To elaborate on my problem, I still see the pitching meter but that filling inside the bar is totally blank. So all is ee is the shell of it and i have no clue when to press since I can't see that "green" part of it. Any help would be appreciated Thanks.

Archived