What I Should Have Done...

sfgiantsflgators

Two months into the season, what do you see as the Giants biggest need?  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• There is no pressing need
    • Another power bat
    • Veteran reliever
    • Everyday third baseman

Go Giants!

I tried callin up Emmanuel Burriss from A -> AAA in my Dynasty and he's raking the ball, and stealing bases like a madman. Just a suggestion, if Vizquel goes down or something, seems like a good option.

his line for me is 30 games, .291 0HR 9RBI 17 Steals (2CS)

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've really had some great luck during this seven game win streak. The balls that were getting caught in April are starting to fall now...thank God too because it was starting to **** me off :D

Nine of those 10 runs against Houston last game came on three swings: grand slam by Linden, three-run home run by Winn, and a two-run double by Linden.

Now if the Bums would quit winning (29-16), I could actually make up some ground. Won seven straight and I'm still 4.5 back.

Well, now I think we can both agree that that isn't going to happen... :biglaff:

Go Giants!

I tried callin up Emmanuel Burriss from A -> AAA in my Dynasty and he's raking the ball, and stealing bases like a madman. Just a suggestion, if Vizquel goes down or something, seems like a good option.

his line for me is 30 games, .291 0HR 9RBI 17 Steals (2CS)

Burris is definitely high on my list of favorite Giants prospects. Before I jump him that high though (to replace Vizquel), I'll put Frandsen at short, Aurilia at second, and call up de la Rosa. Tomas is hitting .278 right now in Fresno.

Right now in San Jose, Burris is struggling with a .253 average. He's got 11 SB in 44 games.

Well, now I think we can both agree that that isn't going to happen... :biglaff:

Luckily for them, we don't play again until after the ASG. Cause I'd put it on that *** right now :D

I want a shot at Schmidt (other than the relief appearance he made during the seventeen inning game earlier this season).

what would you do if a pithcher went down with an injury?

My first move would be to give Hennessey a chance to start since he has pitched well for me in relief so far this season. If he struggled, I would give Lincecum a chance and move Brian Wilson into the closer's role.

Two more options would be to call up either Chris Begg or Pat Misch, both of whom are doing very well in Fresno so far this season.

Very nice job with your dynasty man, Im going to start following this.

Glad you like it - thanks for checking in :D

giantsdynastybannercd0.png

May 23, 2007

Houston's Five-Run Tenth Inning Halts Giants Win Streak at Eight

523endys3.jpg

1evjt5.jpg

Adam Everett (pictured) puts the Astros on the board in the second inning with a solo home run. Hou-

ston would add one more run in the frame on a single by Mark Loretta to take an early 2-0 lead.

2schme9.jpg

Nate Schierholtz (front) picked up his first Major League RBI in the second inning, scoring Eliezer Al-

fonzo (back) with a single up the middle.

3vizfv7.jpg

Omar Vizquel (pictured) scores in the fifth inning on a single by Pedro Feliz, tying the game 2-2.

4guthy5.jpg

Juan Gutierrez was stellar in relief for Houston today, allowing just one hit in three shutout innings.

5berdd1.jpg6linlc3.jpg

With the game tied 2-2 in the tenth inning, Giants phenom Tim Lincecum (right) entered the game. Lin-

cecum wouldn't get an out, surrendering a hit to all five batters he faced. The biggest blow would come

from the fifth batter, Lance Berkman (left), who blasted a grand slam to give Houston a 7-2 lead. Scott

Munter (not pictured) would finish off the inning, but the damage was done.

7lingi8.jpg8giarv7.jpg

Todd Linden (left) did his best to get San Francisco back into the game, hitting a two-run home run off

Brad Lidge in the bottom of the tenth. (Right) But the Giants would experience something they haven't

had to experience for eight games: a loss.

Scoring

T2: Everett solo HR; Loretta single scores Ausmus

B2: Schierholtz single scores Alfonzo

B5: Feliz single scores Vizquel

T10: Lamb single scores Jimerson; Berkman GS

B10: Linden two run HR

W – Gutierrez (1-1) L – Lincecum (2-3)

Player of the Game:

Lance Berkman 2-5, GS, 4 RBI

For Boxscore, click here

May 24, 2007

League Injuries:

None.

League Transactions:

TOR signs LF Ben Grieve to a minor-league contract.

TOR signs 3B David Bell to a two-year deal worth $4.3 million per.

NYY sign C Sandy Alomar Jr. to a minor-league contract.

ANA signs LF Todd Hollandsworth to a three-year deal worth $700,000 per.

ANA signs C Shawn Wooten to a minor-league contract.

NYM sign 2B Junior Spivey to a three-year contract worth $1 million per.

BOS signs SS Luis Ordaz to a minor-league contract.

KC signs 1B Gene Ohka to a minor-league contract.

Reminder: The minor leagues will not work - and only the Giants player pages are active.

For Current League Information, click here.

hey there is a pitcher in the rockies minors named greg reynolds can u tell me how he is doing?

He's currently in Colorado Springs (AAA). He's pitched four games for them so far, posting a 1-0 record with a save and a 2.03 ERA in 13.1 innings of work. In that span he has struck out 13 and walked just three.

At that rate, I might have to face him later down the road.

May 25, 2007

Zito's Fourth Complete Game Ends in 3-1 Giants Victory

525endpo3.jpg

1spipq1.jpg2hawrv2.jpg

The Rockies had their chances in today's game, but grounded into three double plays on the night.

Double plays by Ryan Spilborghs (left) and Brad Hawpe (right) came with runners on third base.

3winda2.jpg

Randy Winn started off the Giants half of the first inning with a hit, but was gunned down at second

trying to stretch it to a double.

4tulif7.jpg5bocwf2.jpg

Giants manager Bruce Bochy (right) got tossed in the top of the sixth after Troy Tulowitzki was called

safe in a close call at home (left).

6winwx0.jpg

Randy Winn reaches second safely in the sixth inning when Rockies pitcher Taylor Buchholz threw

wildly after fielding a bunt from Omar Vizquel.

7linku4.jpg

Todd Linden would make Colorado pay for Buchholz's misplay with a triple to left center, scoring Winn

and Vizquel to give San Francisco a 2-1 lead.

8zitoti7.jpg

Those two runs would prove to be enough for Barry Zito, who improved to 6-2 on the season while

throwing his fourth complete game of the year.

Scoring

T6: Spilborghs single scores Tulowitzki

B6: Linden triple scores Winn, Vizquel; Aurilia grounds out to second, Linden scores

W – Zito (6-2) L – Buchholz (2-3)

Player of the Game:

Todd Linden 2-4, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI

Barry Zito 9 IP, 7 H, 1 R, 2 K

For Boxscore, click here

May 26, 2007

Bonds Set to Return From DL, Lewis Sent Down to Make Room

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. - The chase continues.

Giants left fielder Barry Bonds is expected to return from the DL today against the Colorado Rockies. As of print, he is not expected to start today's game.

"He should be ready to go," said Giants manager Bruce Bochy. "I don't expect him to start today or tomorrow; but that's not set in stone. He should be available to pinch-hit though. We still have enough time that we don't have to rush this."

To make room for Bonds, the Giants sent outfielder Fred Lewis down to Fresno. Lewis was hitting just .209 in 115 at bats with San Francisco this season.

"He's a great kid with good potential," said Bochy. "He still needs a little work at the plate and he just wasn't getting the opportunity to improve sitting on the bench. Hopefully he'll go down there. get some starts, and we'll see him again soon."

May 26, 2007

Vizquel's Walkoff Sends Giants Home with 6-5 Victory

526endvq2.jpg

The Colorado Rockies jumped out to a 4-0 lead against Giants pitcher Matt Cain after a three-run fourth

inning. But a three-run Giants fifth inning, that featured a two-run triple by Kevin Frandsen, got the

home crowd back into the ballgame with a 4-3 Rockies advantage.

Both teams would add another run a piece, sending the Giants into the bottom of the ninth trailing by

one. Down to their last out, the Giants sent out 40-year old Omar Vizquel, who was 0-2 with a walk

and a hit by a pitch on the night. Vizquel placed a 2-0 pitch from Jeremy Affeldt just over the left field

wall to give the Giants a 6-5 victory.

Scoring

T2: Matsui solo HR

T4: Spilborghs double scores Tulowitzki, Taveras; Baker sacrifice fly scores Spilborghs

B5: Frandsen triple scores Molina, Schierholtz; Cain single scores Frandsen

T6: Spilborghs solo HR

B8: EME double scores Linden

B9: Vizquel two run HR

W – Wilson (2-1) L – Affeldt (1-1)

Player of the Game:

Omar Vizquel 1-3, HR, 2 RBI, HBP

May 26, 2007 Boxscore

May 27, 2007

Fogg Stellar as Rockies Prevent Sweep 4-0

527endcn8.jpg

With the Giants looking for a sweep, the Rockies sent out Josh Fogg who was 3-1 on the season. Fogg

continued to build on his good season, allowing just five hits in eight shutout innings, striking out five

and walking three in the contest.

Down 4-0 in the bottom of the ninth, the Giants got two on with two outs and Scott Munter on deck.

Then, to the delight of 40,000 fans, Bruce Bochy called on Barry Bonds to make his first plate appear-

ance since returning from the disabled list. Bonds got a pitch to hit, but flew out to medium center field

to end the contest.

Scoring

T2: Lopez single scores Baker

T4: Matsui grounds out to third, Lopez scores

T8: Lopez single scores Helton; Hawpe double scores Baker

W – Fogg (4-1) L – Lowry (4-3)

Player of the Game:

Javy Lopez 4-4, 2B, 2 RBI

May 27, 2007 Boxscore

May 28, 2007

League Injuries:

DET RP Todd Jones left Saturday's game against Tampa Bay with a fractured wrist after being hit by a line drive from Rocco Baldelli. He is expected to miss at least two months.

ARI SP Brandon Webb is day-to-day with a strained ribcage.

MIL SP Claudio Vargas was placed on the 15-day DL with an inflamed right elbow.

League Transactions:

COL trades RP Ramon Ramirez to DET for 1B Chris Shelton.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CWS sign 2B Ricky Gutierrez to a minor league contract.

CWS sign 1B Jose Offerman to a minor league contract.

CIN signs LF Chad Allen to a minor league contract.

CLE signs 3B Tim Olson to a minor league contract.

HOU signs RP Dustin Hermanson to a three-year deal worth $3.1 million per.

KC signs C Tom Gregorio to a minor league contract.

NYY sign 3B Edgardo Alfonzo to a three-year deal worth $3.7 million per.

PIT signs SS Deivi Cruz to a minor league contract.

SD signs 2B Henry Mateo to a minor league contract.

SEA signs C Paul Chiaffredo to a minor league contract.

TOR signs LF Terrance Long to a minor league contract.

League Suspensions:

DET SP Zach Miner was suspended for six games after hitting Rocco Baldelli with a pitch in yesterday's game. The beaning was an apparent retaliation after a line drive from Baldelli in Saturday's game fractured Detroit closer Todd Jones' wrist. Jones is expected to miss at least two months. Tigers manager Jim Leyland was also suspended for one game. Neither will appeal the suspension.

WAS SP Clint Everts was suspended for five games after bumping umpire Rick Reed in yesterday's game. He will not appeal the suspension.

League News:

MIN CF Torii Hunter became the first player in 2007 to reach 50 RBI. Next in line is CWS 1B Jim Thome with 49. No player in the NL has more than 40 with STL 1B Albert Pujols at 38 being the highest total.

Rumor Mill:

ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that the New York Mets are taking offers for outfielder Lastings Milledge. The A's, Giants, and Angels are said to have the most interest.

Reminder: The minor leagues will not work - and only the Giants player pages are active.

For Current League Information, click here.

it's good no matter how you do it

glad you're enjoying it. :D

my main reason for electing to go back to the way i used to handle dynasties is because i plan on taking this multi-year style so i can develop guys like burris, cowart, bocock...and, of course, get lincecum and cain a couple of cy youngs :D

EDIT:

also, i'm open to doing the mailbag thing if anyone has questions about the team, the system, etc. if anything, it would really add to the dynasty at the end of the season with regards to draft picks, free agents, etc. but we're only in june...so we have plenty of time for that.

Rumor Mill:

ESPN's Buster Olney is reporting that the New York Mets are taking offers for outfielder Lastings Milledge. The A's, Giants, and Angels are said to have the most interest.

Any word on what the Giants might be offering? I understand that due to club policy, names cannot be mentioned (am I right?) but do the Giants feel that they have an "overload" at some positions meaning that they could put together an attractive package?

Archived