What I Should Have Done...

sfgiantsflgators

Two months into the season, what do you see as the Giants biggest need?  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• There is no pressing need
    • Another power bat
    • Veteran reliever
    • Everyday third baseman

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonds getting closer. Can't wait to see the screenie of homer #756. Good dynasty, keep it up.

Thank you sir...it's looking more and more like it's going to happen on the road. Maybe he can hold out until the Giants head into Oakland.

Where is Pat Burrell? And can you please change the Phillies' line-up...coste should not be leading off.

Burrell pulled a hamstring awhile back and has just returned. Bourn has been getting the start over him.

I thought about changing their lineup as I usually try to keep it fairly realistic if I can; but judging by the way the series went, Phillies fans will be glad I didn't.

I'll try to get the recaps up in the next day or two.

Burrell pulled a hamstring awhile back and has just returned. Bourn has been getting the start over him.

I thought about changing their lineup as I usually try to keep it fairly realistic if I can; but judging by the way the series went, Phillies fans will be glad I didn't.

I'll try to get the recaps up in the next day or two.

Excellent. We'll see how I fare against the Giants when I begin my dynasty with the Phillies in the upcoming week. Before I left for Vermont, Bonds tore a shoulder muscle...pretty much made me want to stop my greatness dynasty. I am learning GIMP, so we'll see how it goes.

Excellent. We'll see how I fare against the Giants when I begin my dynasty with the Phillies in the upcoming week. Before I left for Vermont, Bonds tore a shoulder muscle...pretty much made me want to stop my greatness dynasty. I am learning GIMP, so we'll see how it goes.

Sounds good - looking foward to seeing what you do. Thanks for checking in :D

giantsdynastybannercd0.png

June 1, 2007

Rowand's Grand Slam Overshadows Bonds' Chase

61endas4.jpg

1linob1.jpg

Todd Linden put the Giants out in front quickly with a two-run home run in the first inning.

2bondsky2.jpg

Barry Bonds pulled within three home runs of Hank Aaron tonight with a two home run performance.

3utvv8.jpg

Chase Utley grounded out with the bases loaded to end the third inning. The Phillies would fair much

better the next time the bags were juiced.

4vickd4.jpg

Shane Victorino drove in the first Phillies run of the game with a double in the fifth inning, scoring Rod

Barajas from second.

5kliiw6.jpg6rowrw6.jpg

The Giants called on Steve Kline after Matt Cain gave up a single to Chris Coste to open the seventh

inning. Kline surrendered singles to two of the three batters he faced, including an RBI single by Utley

to bring the Phillies within one. Kevin Correia then entered the game to face Wes Helms with one out.

Correia got Helms looking before Jimmy Rollins singled to load the bases. Giants manager Bruce Bochy

kept Correia in to face the next hitter, Aaron Rowand; it would prove to be a disastrous decision as

Rowand took him yard, giving Philadelphia an 8-5 lead that they would not relinquish.

Scoring

T1: Linden two run HR

T3: Bonds two run HR

T5: Bonds solo HR

B5: Victorino double scores Barajas; Howard grounds out to second, Coste scores

B6: Bourn single scores Rollins

B7: Utley single scores Coste; Rowand GS

W – Mathieson (1-0) L – Kline (2-3) S - Gordon (13)

Player of the Game:

Barry Bonds 2-4, 2 HR, 3 RBI

For Boxscore, click here

Bonds is doing great so far :)

Not an impressive outing by Kline against the Phillies.

Bonds looks healthy this season - had a scare there a few weeks back, but he's looking good now.

As for Kline, his performance (and that of all the pitchers in this series) has me worried. I've been shopping around to bring in a solid offensive option to hit behind Barry, but to do that I'd have to give up some pitching. And if they don't perform better in the next few weeks, it's going to be hard to that.

oh haha, woops, kinda makes me wanna turn them off, they look scary almost, like between innings when theyre just like staring at you

Yeah, as Totte mentioned, I turned them off because it seems to help the overall performance. And, since they look like crap anyway, I don't miss them too much.

Thanks for checking in though :D

Also guys, don't forget to throw out some mailbag questions if you think of them.

giantsdynastybannercd0.png

June 2, 2007

Five Late Runs by Philly Hand Giants Sixth Straight Loss

62enddc3.jpg

Having lost five straight, the Giants sent out Noah Lowry (4-2) to face off against Phillies pitcher Fred-

dy Garcia (2-4). The Phillies jumped out to an early 2-0 lead after two innings; but San Francisco bat-

tled back, scoring five runs in the third inning to send Garcia packing.

The Phillies continued to battle, pulling within one after five innings thanks in large part to a stellar 4.1

inning relief performance by Adam Eaton in which he allowed no runs on just two hits. Then, in the se-

venth, Philadelphia took over with a three-run frame that featured a home run from Ryan Howard, his

14th of the season. The Phillies would add two more in the eighth to secure a 9-5 victory.

Scoring

B1: Coste solo HR

B2: Garcia single scores Bourn

T3: Vizquel reaches on an error by the catcher, Lowry scores; Bonds sacrifice fly scores Winn; Aurilia

single scores Vizquel; EME double scores Linden

B3: Helms double scores Utley

B5: Rollins double scores Victorino

B7: Howard solo HR; Helms double scores Utley; Rowand grounds out to short, Helms scores

B8: Victorino two run HR

W – Eaton (4-1) L – Lowry (4-4) S - Madson (1)

Player of the Game:

Omar Vizquel 2-4, 2B, RBI, BB

June 2, 2007 Boxscore

June 3, 2007

Bonds Hits 753, Howard Drives in Five, Giants Fall 15-4

63enddd4.jpg

For about 10 minutes, it looked as if the Giants had a good chance to break their six-game skid. But,

despite a solo home run by Omar Vizquel in the first inning, the Phillies weren't intimidated.

Philadelphia answered quickly, using a three-run home run by Ryan Howard to take a 3-1 lead after

one inning. They would add one more run in the third before blowing the game open with a nine-run

fifth inning. Two-run singles by Chris Coste and Ryan Howard highlighted the game-changing inning.

Barry Bonds hit career home run number 753 in the sixth inning, putting him within two of Hank Aaron

for first on the all-time home run list. His home run was just one of four Giants hits on the night; three

of which came in the form of the long ball.

The loss was the sixth straight for San Francisco and dropped them below .500 for the first time since

May 16.

Scoring

T1: Vizquel solo HR

B1: Howard three run HR

B3: Rowand sacrifice fly scores Utley

Bottom of fifth - scoring data not available

T6: Bonds two run HR

B6: Coste solo HR

B7: Utley solo HR

T9: Ortmeier solo HR

W – Myers (4-7) L – Morris (2-5)

Player of the Game:

Barry Bonds 1-3, HR, 2 RBI

June 3, 2007 Boxscore

June 4, 2007

Giants Fall 3-2, Swept in Second Straight Series

64endfe8.jpg

San Francisco took the field today hoping to end their seven-game skid without the assistance of slug-

ger Barry Bonds. Taking the hill for the Giants was rookie hurler Jonathan Sanchez, who entered the

contest 2-4. The Phillies countered with their own young lefty, phenom Cole Hamels (3-3).

A two-run home run by Aaron Rowand got Philadelphia out in front early in the second inning; but the

Giants answered with runs in the third and fifth innings to tie the game 2-2. The third inning run would

come on a double by Sanchez, scoring Kevin Frandsen who had reached safely with a double of his own.

San Francisco threatened in the seventh, loading the bases with one out against Hamels and Eude

Brito. Two of the runners were the responsibilty of Brito as he walked the first two batters he faced.

It took just one pitch for Brito to steady the ship as he got Bengie Molina to ground into a 4-6-3 double

play, ending the inning.

Philadelphia speedster Michael Bourn sealed the game for the Phillies in the bottom of the seventh,

leading the inning off with a double before stealing third to get within 90 feet of the lead. Bourn would

score on a ground ball by Chase Utley and Tom Gordon would throw a perfect ninth, securing a Phillies

sweep and sending the Giants to their eighth straight loss.

Scoring

B2: Rowand two run HR

T3: Sanchez double scores Frandsen

T5: Linden single scores Frandsen

B7: Coste grounds out to third, Bourn scores

W – Brito (3-0) L – Sanchez (2-5) S - Gordon (14)

Player of the Game:

Kevin Frandsen 3-4, 2B

June 4, 2007 Boxscore

June 4, 2007

League Injuries:

ATL C Jarrod Saltalamacchia was placed on the 15-day DL with a pulled hamstring.

FLA RF Jeremy Hermida was placed on the 15-day DL with a fractured knee. He is expected to miss over a month.

OAK 2B Mark Ellis is day-to-day with wrist tendonitis.

PIT SP Ian Snell was placed on the 15-day DL with a strained right forearm.

League Transactions:

ARI signs 3B Chris Stynes to a two year deal worth $1 million per year.

BAL signs SS Jace Brewer to a minor-league contract.

COL signs LF Brian Buchanan to a minor league contract.

MIL signs 2B Luke Murray to a minor league contract.

NYY sign RP T.J. Tucker to a minor league contract.

SD signs Jose Flores to a minor league contract.

TB signs C Brandon Marsters to a minor league contract.

League Suspensions:

KC C Jason LaRue was suspened for six games after unintentionally bumping home plate umpire Rick Reed in yesterday's game. He will not appeal the decision.

League News:

None.

Rumor Mill:

None.

Reminder: The minor leagues will not work - only the Giants player pages are active. To find stats on current Major League players, visit the stats page of the player's team you are looking for.

For Current League Information, click here.

June 4, 2007

M's Sign Niekro

The Seattle Mariners have signed former Giants prospect Lance Niekro to a minor-league contract. Niekro, who was placed on waivers on May 21 to make room for the promotion of Nate Schierholtz, struggled to find his place on the Giants roster.

Niekro is the son of former major leaguer Joe Niekro and the nephew of Hall of Fame pitcher Phil Niekro. The Mariners will place him in Class-AAA Tacoma.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News: I got two shiny new, fast-as-hell hard drives.

Bad News: Said hard drives were purchased to replace one particular hard drive that had all my pictures, video clips, and a certain MVP file that is needed to continue a certain thread here at mvpmods.com.

Long story short, I'm going to go through the "Hi-Res Photos" thread and get some of my pictures back since I can't play my dynasty anymore. Thank God my music was on the non-shitty drive - but music can't be used as a dynasty file.

That's too bad. I will most definitely miss your writings. Even though I didn't post frequently, I was looking over this thread a lot.

Would like to see you start another dynasty, though it is always hard to start over on something that you had spent a lot of time on in the past. And it looks like you are really busy with work.

One thing I would like from you, if you were to post a dynasty again, would be for another Total Classics Tournament. It was really interesting the first time you did it, though not sure if it would be the same a second time around.

Anyway, take care.

Glad you enjoyed it while it lasted. I'm still pretty steamed about losing this dynasty - second only to my TCM tournament in my heart.

Work has been pretty hectic lately, so I'll probably let that cool down before I think about any other dynasties. I've thought about another Total Classics battle, but I'm with you in that it probably wouldn't go over as well the second time around. We'll see what happens.

For now I'll just enjoy yours and JR's...and sulk for a couple more days.

Thanks to everyone who followed this - sorry we won't be able to see how it ended. (Dodgers faltered, finished third - Giants win the pennant?)

Archived