What I Should Have Done...

sfgiantsflgators

Two months into the season, what do you see as the Giants biggest need?  

37 members have voted

1. 1.

• There is no pressing need
    • Another power bat
    • Veteran reliever
    • Everyday third baseman

Just a word of advice, but the part where you put "--Totte" and whatnot should be under the question, not the answer. Putting it under the answer makes it seem like they answered the question.

Keep it up!

:headache:

I looked at that thing for 30 minutes last night knowing something wasn't right, but I couldn't figure it out...thanks man :D

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty nicely done.

MAILBAG - Have the organization and MLB talked about a ceremony for Bonds, if and when he breaks the All-Time HR record? And with all the controversy revolving around Barry, how do you think he will be treated if he were to get a chance to break the record on the road? Will you be benching him just so he can break the record at home?

Sorry about the mailbag question being kinda long. Just wanted to get everything out before I forget. Once again, great job on the dynasty.

That's pretty nicely done.

MAILBAG - Have the organization and MLB talked about a ceremony for Bonds, if and when he breaks the All-Time HR record? And with all the controversy revolving around Barry, how do you think he will be treated if he were to get a chance to break the record on the road? Will you be benching him just so he can break the record at home?

Sorry about the mailbag question being kinda long. Just wanted to get everything out before I forget. Once again, great job on the dynasty.

No problem about the length of the question - ask as much as you want. :D

For everyone's future reference, I'm going to do a mailbag article after each series and will be answering them from the point of view of Ida Mann, beat reporter for this dynasty.

Thanks for checking in and asking questions so far guys...hopefully once our season starts (May 17) things will settle down and I'll be able to do updates on a more consistant basis :D

You know, this maybe one of the very few times that I am rooting against you. Go PEDRO! Strike them silly :smile: !

Well I'm going to try and get this Mets series played and posted before the debut of a certain phenom tonight. So hopefully you'll get to witness how bad your precious Pedro gets pounded before too long :D

giantsdynastybannercd0.png

May 29, 2007

Alou Drives in All Three Mets Runs to Defeat Former Team 3-1

529endig3.jpg

2alouiq2.jpg

Moises Alou announced his presence with authority tonight, driving in all three Mets runs as he took

down his former team 3-1.

3marnj3.jpg

Pedro Martinez showed the reaction time of someone half his age when Kevin Frandsen lined a single

back up the middle in the fifth inning.

4morfd0.jpg5marrg0.jpg

Both starting pitchers, Matt Morris (left) and Pedro Martinez (right) were stellar tonight, allowing one

run a piece on four and five hits respectively. Martinez struck out six in eight innings while Morris pun-

ched out one in seven frames.

6lingk1.jpg

Todd Linden drove in the only Giants run of the game with a solo home run in the sixth inning.

7marbn1.jpg8alouxv7.jpg

Pedro Martinez hit a one-out single in the bottom of the eighth to get the Mets rolling. Martinez would

score along with Jose Reyes (not pictured) on a single by Moises Alou to give the Mets a 3-1 advantage.

Alou's single was the fourth straight single given up by relief pitcher Kevin Correia in the frame.

9chawy5.jpg

Endy Chavez is gunned down at home by Randy Winn to end the eighth inning. Chavez attempted to

score on a single by Carlos Beltran.

10linib1.jpg11bondswe6.jpg

Todd Linden did a great job to disrupt Mets second baseman Junior Spivey in the ninth inning, allowing

Barry Bonds to beat out the throw to first, bringing the tying run to the plate. If turned, it would have

been the second double play Bonds grounded into in the contest.

Scoring

B4: Alou single scores Reyes

T6: Linden solo HR

B8: Alou single scores Martinez, Reyes

W – Martinez (5-3) L – Correia (0-1) S - Wagner (12)

Player of the Game:

Todd Linden 2-4, HR, RBI

For Boxscore, click here

On the first page of the thread, I've added a link to the end of April. After I get a chance to post the Mets series, I'll do my report for the end of May. Then I'll post a link to the end of May.

I plan on doing that for each month so that anyone wanting to jump to a certain point of the season can have a quick link to get them closer to that point.

Thanks to anyone still following this, despite the lack of time I've had to keep it flowing smoothly. Hopefully it doesn't lessen the enjoyment factor :D

I knew Pedro still had it in him. He may not have blown everyone away but nice to see him get the win. I will now go back to rooting for you again. Hope you didn't mind that one game. :wink: Take care.

BTW, where is Niekro - AAA? Also, would like for you to provide some stats for me, if its possible. Would like to know how Papelbon, Beckett, Ortiz, and Dice-K are doing in your dynasty. Thanks man.

I knew Pedro still had it in him. He may not have blown everyone away but nice to see him get the win. I will now go back to rooting for you again. Hope you didn't mind that one game. :wink: Take care.

BTW, where is Niekro - AAA? Also, would like for you to provide some stats for me, if its possible. Would like to know how Papelbon, Beckett, Ortiz, and Dice-K are doing in your dynasty. Thanks man.

Niekro was designated for assignment on May 21 to make room for Schierholtz. Here's a link to the article:

http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2694.../start=375.html

As for the stats, you can visit the league information link that is both on the first page, and that I will post following the upcoming series recap. Those pages have stats for every major league player and team. Thanks for continuing to follow man :D

I wish we had someone hitting over .300, but i'll take Linden hitting 7 homers and driving in 27. Nice

Yeah, the hitting hasn't been worth the price of admission this season. But we're still hovering around .500, so we still got a shot.

A little inside information for you though - rumors are circulating that the Giants are pushing hard for a blockbuster trade that would bring them a difference-making bat.

Stay tuned :D

Niekro was designated for assignment on May 21 to make room for Schierholtz. Here's a link to the article:

http://mvpmods.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=2694.../start=375.html

As for the stats, you can visit the league information link that is both on the first page, and that I will post following the upcoming series recap. Those pages have stats for every major league player and team. Thanks for continuing to follow man :D

Gotcha. But I thought only the Giants player pages work. Have you fixed it so that all the player pages work? Once again, great job with your dynasty.

Gotcha. But I thought only the Giants player pages work. Have you fixed it so that all the player pages work? Once again, great job with your dynasty.

Yeah, maybe I should re-word that...only the Giants player pages work if you click on them. So if you click on say, Ortiz with the Sawx, it will give you the "page doesn't exist" error. But you can go to the Boston Red Sox stats page and see how the individuals on the team are doing.

If there is someone that you can't find, let me know and I'll try and track them down :D

giantsdynastybannercd0.png

May 30, 2007

Molina's Two Home Runs not Enough for Giants in 8-7 Loss

530endtq3.jpg

After the Mets jumped out to a 2-0 lead after the first inning, the Giants answered with a three-run

second inning, highlighted by a two-run home run from Bengie Molina. Molina would add two more runs

on an RBI single in the third inning and a solo shot in the fifth inning, leaving the game tied 5-5 head-

ing into the bottom of the seventh.

New York would post two three-run frames of their own though, in the fourth and seventh innings,

taking an 8-5 lead into the ninth inning. The Giants plated two runs on a home run by Rich Aurilia, but

Kevin Frandsen grounded out to short to end the game.

Scoring

B1: Chavez double scores Reyes; Alou double scores Chavez

T2: Molina two run HR; Vizquel sacrifice fly scores EME

T3: Molina single scores Bonds

B4: Reyes two run HR; Alou grounds out to third, Chavez scores

T5: Molina solo HR

B7: Spivey single scores Delgado; Lo Duca single scores Beltran; Soler grounds out to pitcher, Spivey

scores

T9: Aurilia two run HR

W – Soler (4-0) L – Hennessey (2-2) S - Wagner (13)

Player of the Game:

Bengie Molina 3-4, 2 HR, 4 RBI

May 30, 2007 Boxscore

May 31, 2007

Bonds Hits 750 But Can't Stop Mets Sweep

531endva6.jpg

Trying to prevent a sweep, the Giants looked to Barry Zito for salvation. Zito pitched well, holding the

Mets hitless until Endy Chavez singled with two outs in the fourth inning. The Mets then added the first

run of the ballgame on a solo home run by David Wright in the fifth inning.

It didn't take long for San Francisco to answer thanks to a two-run shot by Omar Vizquel in the sixth.

Two innings later, Barry Bonds hit career home run number 750, driving in Vizquel to give the Giants a

comfortable 4-1 lead.

The ninth inning, however, had other ideas. The Mets got a rally going against Zito with a single by

Chavez and a walk by Moises Alou. The next batter, Carlos Delgado, singled home Chavez to bring New

York within two. Following Delgado's single, Bruce Bochy called on rookie Tim Lincecum with runners on

first and third and nobody out to stop the threat and prevent the sweep.

After Carlos Beltran fouled out to first, David Wright hit a sacrifice fly to center, scoring Alou to bring the

Mets within one. Then it got messy.

The next three batters hit infield singles, with the third one coming from Lastings Milledge to score Del-

gado and tie the game 4-4. With the bases loaded, Jose Reyes hit a two-out single up the middle, plat-

ing Junior Spivey for the game-winning run. It was Lincecum's first career blown save.

Scoring

B5: Wright solo HR

T6: Vizquel two run HR

T8: Bonds two run HR

B9: Delgado single scores Chavez; Wright sacrifice fly scores Alou; Milledge single scores Delgado;

Reyes single scores Spivey

W – Soler (5-0) L – Lincecum (2-4)

Game Notes:

Barry Zito was hit by a pitch for the second time this season...Alay Soler picked up a victory in two of

the three games in this series, allowing just three hits in three scoreless innings of relief.

Player of the Game:

Barry Bonds 1-4, HR, 2 RBI

May 31, 2007 Boxscore

May 31, 2007

League Injuries:

None.

League Transactions:

COL signs C Ryan Jorgensen to a minor league contract.

COL signs 1B Todd Self to a minor league contract.

KC signs RP Travis Harper to a two-year deal worth $1.3 million per.

MIN signs 2B Danny Garcia to a minor league contract.

NYM sign SS Pedro Florimon to a minor league contract.

SD signs 3B Jeff Backe to a minor league contract.

STL signs 3B Damian Rolls to a minor league contract.

League Suspensions:

None.

League News:

None.

Rumor Mill:

None.

Reminder: The minor leagues will not work - only the Giants player pages are active. To find stats on current Major League players, visit the stats page of the player's team you are looking for.

For Current League Information, click here.

curtis and maroth are leading the tigers the team u shall face in the world series :w00t: :roll:

Detroit is definitely looking solid; but Minnesota is on their heels. Could be a good battle.

I'm probably most surprised with Texas - not necessarily a strong division, but they are running away with it.

May 31, 2007

Minor League Roster Moves

The San Francisco Giants have announced some roster moves that took place earlier today:

Carlos Hines was promoted to Class-AAA Fresno from Class-AA Connecticut.

Hines was 3-2 with a save, posting a 2.79 ERA in 42 innings of work with the Defenders. He struck out 52 and walked just seven.

Pedro Liriano was demoted from Class-AAA Fresno to Class-AA Connecticut.

Liriano was 1-4 with the Grizzlies, posting a 4.26 ERA in 57 innings. He struck out 39 and walked 17 in that span.

Kelyn Acosta was promoted from Class-AA Connecticut to Class-A San Jose.

Acosta went 1-6 with two saves with the Defenders, but had an amazing 4:1 K:BB ratio with the team, striking out 60 and walking just 15. He posted a 3.00 ERA in 57 innings of work.

Slick Punto was demoted from Class-AA Connecticut to Class-A San Jose.

Punto went 2-4 with a 6.00 ERA in 42 innings of work. He struck out 31 and walked 15 with the Defenders.

Great job on the dynasty, SF. Your attention to 'write ups' is top notch.

Love the attention detail to the Minor Leagues.

Great job.

Thank you sir. I don't have the photoshop skills redsox and yourself have, so I try to contribute recaps and news stories that are as realistic and professional as I can make them.

Thanks for checking in :D

Archived