Cubs BP Uniform

miatafreak

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those look really nice - a couple of technical things, though:

1) The helmet logo is way too big. It also needs to be squished horizontally, or it will look really tall and skinny in-game.

2) The cap logo needs to be on the other side (above the blank red area).

I can't :(. My game isn't here yet, I bought it on EBAY on Saturday. If some one else wants to they can. Why wouldn't it map right?

I heard from another jersey maker that the spring hats didn't map right in-game. I'd love to see a screenshot proving him wrong, however...

I heard from another jersey maker that the spring hats didn't map right in-game. I'd love to see a screenshot proving him wrong, however...

I assume that was KC? Because I didn't see the stripe in his last release so I'm not sure whether it's possible either...

Well, to my way of thinking, it should be able to work, but I'm sure said modder is correct. I'll test it out later to find out how it's actually mapped though. But take this into account: the "bowl" of a cap has six sections...two on the front, two in the back, one on each side. When you break down the .bmp, the bottom left half is half of the top of the bill (I found this out when I was making my Pilots unis...I only used one branch on it, and it mirrored for the other side), the bottom right is the bottom of the bill, and the top right half is obviously the front two segments of the cap.

The question is how do the top left segments map and mirror? There are four segments left that those two in the .bmp map out to. Is the far left segment mirrored for the left side and back, or do both segments combine for one side and back, and then get mirrored? I'll definitely play around with it and see what's what.

Well, here's how the one that got posted looks, just so you know.

mvp200520070321190305gl2.jpg

See what I mean about the cap logo being all tall and skinny? Same thing goes for the batting helmet.

Sox fans helping out Cubs fans, what's the world coming to? ;)

The MLB finally got too creative...they probably made that design on purpose! BOO!

Maybe half of the stripe would do some justice for Spring Training hats, it wouldn't be the end of the world and better than nothing on the hat if you ask me...

Yeah, KC decided it wasn't possible, so I took that as fact. And I didn't think that hat would map out just from the looks of it, so thanks for confirming that fact Fizzjob.

Also, post back the results you get Blues, I hope you can work something out with these stupid hats. And were you talking about the Wichita Pilots? If so, we should compare work...

Unfortunately, no. We'd have to figure out the wire mapping in order to make new templates, which isn't doable at this point.

i don't think this is to far out of the realm of posibility. As KC and gamebase showed us all, there is a way to edit 3D player models in OEdit. Maybe KC or someone who knows how could try looking for the hat file and try changing the mapping. Then maybe someone could create a new template.

Well, here's how the one that got posted looks, just so you know.

Wow, that's some horrendous mapping. I didn't realize part of the front of the cap was mapped in with the other two segments on the .bmp. You can see that by how just the smallest corner of the striping sneaks into the front half of the hat.

And were you talking about the Wichita Pilots? If so, we should compare work...

No, I haven't even seen the Wichita Pilots yet. I'll have to look into that, too. I was talking about the Seattle Pilots in my Brewers history pack. Check out my WIP thread in Previews, or the screenshots I put in my download to see what I mean about the mapping of the top of the bill being mirrored. Not sure why I said brim in my previous post...I'll edit that now so it makes more sense :lol:

No, I haven't even seen the Wichita Pilots yet. I'll have to look into that, too. I was talking about the Seattle Pilots in my Brewers history pack. Check out my WIP thread in Previews, or the screenshots I put in my download to see what I mean about the mapping of the top of the bill being mirrored. Not sure why I said brim in my previous post...I'll edit that now so it makes more sense :lol:

That's what I thought you meant by Pilots, but I just wanted to make sure. Your work is looking greater and greater with each mod. It's funny to look back on our old work, the stuff we were making when we'd trade tips over AIM, and wonder why we thought it was good looking -- not even in the same ballpark as stuff we're putting out now...

Spungo, I couldn't agree more. Your work has improved by leaps and bounds, and I've learned a ton of tricks, nuances and technical stuff since then. I've seriously thought about going back and redoing all the minor league stuff I've done.

I also looked up the Wichita Pilots and ran across the Wichita Aeros as well, when they looked as if they were the Expos' farm team. That's how it appeared from the cap logo, anyway. Maybe we can get me, you, fizz and bully together on a major project, as well as KC if he's up for it.

Now back on topic, Miata, the logos look a lot better, the cap's in particular. Just move it back to the right side. You can tell it's the front of the hat since there aren't any ventilation holes on the top.

Much, much better.

Also, as far as spungo's catcher's gear, if you want color schemes that aren't in his pack, it would be a simple fix (that is, of course, as long as spungo's ok with it). Just open up the .bmp, select the part you want recolored with either the magic wand tool or lasso (or go the quick mask route, if you're familiar with it), hit ctrl+j to make a new layer with the selection (that way you still have the original in case you mess up), then adjust the color with the hue and saturation sliders under the Image>Adjustments menu.

Archived