Cubs BP Uniform

miatafreak

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what a great job you guys are doing, but it be easier to do something like this?

newhatwg3.jpg

Theres probably a reasoning behind the one you're doing.

There is. The three panels you see that are all connected are mapped so they all share the top vertex of the hat so the only way to separate them is to rotate them around that point.

you think this is bad, just wait untill you post screenshots. MVP fans everywhere will be peeing their pants.

btw, has kraw heard about any of this? He must be really excited.

Peeing our pants! Yeah right! More likely that people will get extremely wierd looks from coworkers when they scream and go wild like a kid in a candy store right in the middle of their job!

There is. The three panels you see that are all connected are mapped so they all share the top vertex of the hat so the only way to separate them is to rotate them around that point.

Are they actually sharing the same vertex or are they three different points in the same location? If the latter is true, there is a way to separate them: find the X-Y location of the points, export the shape as a Rhino points file and change all three values so they're different. When you reimport it, you can select a single point, and then move the mapping. It's a tedious process (I've done a lot of it with Legends Field), but it would make the template kenneyess made possible if the hat is structured that way.

Are they actually sharing the same vertex or are they three different points in the same location? If the latter is true, there is a way to separate them: find the X-Y location of the points, export the shape as a Rhino points file and change all three values so they're different. When you reimport it, you can select a single point, and then move the mapping. It's a tedious process (I've done a lot of it with Legends Field), but it would make the template kenneyess made possible if the hat is structured that way.

They all share the same vertex point as I mentioned earlier. The rotation about that point is the only way to map that so that the panels can be changed individually.

that's too bad. i really like that second layout, since it's so simple and allows editing of every part of the hat. but you'll have to decide what's best her cuz i really don't understand a lick you guys are talking about :) but dang, is this exciting.

This is a great idea for those vertices on top of one another that can't be manipulated with the UV Map Editor. I think what you are saying is to open the Rhino points file text file and edit the coordinates that are the same so that when you reimport it the vertices are now different coordinates so you can move them around. Of course the only thing with the Rhino files is that the mapping in the UV Map Editor ( I wish we could find a way to export that) is unchanged from what you had before when you reimport, but as long as the vertices are separated in the viewports, it's all good.

that's too bad. i really like that second layout, since it's so simple and allows editing of every part of the hat. but you'll have to decide what's best her cuz i really don't understand a lick you guys are talking about :) but dang, is this exciting.

That is exactly how I am feeling. I have no idea what is going on but I know it has to be good!

You know MVP is going places when you have the stadium guys helping out with the mapping for the uniform guys

Mod of the Year is on its way

my sentiments exactly.

but it looks like these guys have some ideas flowing. do you think it'd be best we wait until we can finalize a model before continuing to edit all the uniforms?

Hey, this also means that the Expos pinwheel caps can finally be done right, too!

I sense version 1.5 of my Expos History Pack might be in the near future.

KC, that megaupload link you posted a page or two back says "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable.". It it being tweaked further?

It makes sense but so far I've got half the league done...:(

Don't worry KC the only thing we could have done different is separate out the the back and front two panels, and I can't reallly see a reason for doing that as the only thing that is on the back of the hats for MLB purposes is the MLB logo and the front of the hats the only thing is the team logo. You would have to resize the template even further to keep that "flower" layout. And bigger file size = worse performance.

This is a great idea for those vertices on top of one another that can't be manipulated with the UV Map Editor. I think what you are saying is to open the Rhino points file text file and edit the coordinates that are the same so that when you reimport it the vertices are now different coordinates so you can move them around. Of course the only thing with the Rhino files is that the mapping in the UV Map Editor ( I wish we could find a way to export that) is unchanged from what you had before when you reimport, but as long as the vertices are separated in the viewports, it's all good.

Wow, that whole process would help me exponetially on replacing the outfield walls where EA originally had them in Busch Stadium because I accidentially 'unaligned' them and have never been able to get them to move back.

dang you guys work fast. good work!

MVP08 is gonna be something else.

edit:

fizzjob, megaupload does that often. i don't know why. i usually have better luck with it using firefox. i sometimes have to reload the page several times before it works.

fizzjob, megaupload does that often. i don't know why. i usually have better luck with it using firefox. i sometimes have to reload the page several times before it works.

Yeah, it's working now - and I am using Firefox. :)

Exactly. The best part about it is when you're done re-mapping, just import the original version. All vertices will be back to their original positions, but the mapping will be what you changed it to.

Archived