KSM MBCM Overlay V2.5 New previews

ksmlove000

????

my game has that resolution by default

i have no idea. like i said before, i won't be able to test this until i get home tonight. it's all speculation to me right now. i was just curious about the issues.

one file is oversized for some reason

igonly.big is 50MB but it only contains 1mb of files

ingame.big contains a fsh named ingameov.fsh when it should only contain .FEL files

I fixed both of the issues and no problems with fenway

this is why i don't know how i would do some of the things i can do with this game without you. but now i got more work to do later tonight. yay!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one file is oversized for some reason

igonly.big is 50MB but it only contains 1mb of files

ingame.big contains a fsh named ingameov.fsh when it should only contain .FEL files

I fixed both of the issues and no problems with fenway

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks.

Sorry Kraw, how exactly do i extract the files from the two big files? I know i should know how to do this by now, but i'm a little slow sometimes. Also my video card settings max out at 1024x 768. Will I even be able to use this overlay? Thanks for all of your help.

well not having any problems here. seems to appear fine. i guess one of my concerns was that maybe the portraits would look too smashed, but it appears fine in this one.

and i'm playing it on my widescreen without any problems with the portraits in this one either. but is anyone else getting this overlap in the bottom right like i am?

????

my game has that resolution by default

i think they meant to be able to use this mod at different resolutions - although i'm playing at 1680x1050 and it looks fine

however looking at the pitch sequence is WAY messed up for me

Is fenway crashing for you guys, or is not loading?

When I try to play in fenway, it stops loading at roughly 20%, and I have to press Alt-F4.

I tried to do what kraw said, but couldn't get it to work. I've tried several different ways and couldn't get anything to work. (It still worked in the other stadiums though)

This should fix the problem with the ingame.big and the igonly.big.

eazip -E ingame.big *.fel

del ingame.big

eazip -n ingame.big

eazip -a ingame.big a*.fel

eazip +a ingame.big f*.fel

del *.fel

del ingame.big.bak

eazip -E igonly.big *.fsh

del igonly.big

eazip -n igonly.big

eazip +a igonly.big *.fsh

del *.fsh

del igonly.big.bak

I'll attach it as a .bat file with eazip for anyone that wants to try it.

(Extract the files to your MVP Baseball 2005datafrontend folder, then run fix.bat)

Again, Fenway is not working for me, but it sounds like I have a different problem.

Edit: I just restored my backed up igonly.big and ingame.big, and still can't get fenway to load. So I do have a different problem.

I've had pretty much the same issues tywiggins; used your "possiblefix" file but that hasn't fixed the problem. Just guess i'll have to wait a little longer.

I can't actually get into the match itself at either fenway park (exact same issue, loades around 20%, exits); minute maid park (loads completely then exits) and some other stadiums which I can't remember right now.

I've had pretty much the same issues tywiggins; used your "possiblefix" file but that hasn't fixed the problem. Just guess i'll have to wait a little longer.

I can't actually get into the match itself at either fenway park (exact same issue, loades around 20%, exits); minute maid park (loads completely then exits) and some other stadiums which I can't remember right now.

hmm. I just checked minute maid and it crashes after it loads like you said.

well not having any problems here. seems to appear fine. i guess one of my concerns was that maybe the portraits would look too smashed, but it appears fine in this one.

and i'm playing it on my widescreen without any problems with the portraits in this one either. but is anyone else getting this overlap in the bottom right like i am?

What resolution are you using, originally I was using 1024x768 and had a small overlap if the pitcher had pitched innings with 4 digits (xxx.x) with the last number overlapping with the W, a few player names overlapping and the overlap you've mentioned.

Now after I downloaded and used the reschanger to use 1280x800 (max allowed for my laptop) I don't have any of those issues, that's probably why KSM recommends 1280x1024. Hope it helps.

I tried minute maid without this overlay and it worked fine. I downloaded this fenway park, and it worked fine without this overlay. But when I try to use the overlay both crash when the loading bar is full.

Edit: I just tried busch with this overlay (without fixing the files) and it crashed when it finished loading. After I ran fix.bat, busch worked.

Here are the stadiums that I'm still can't use with this overlay:

Chase Field (With 07 overlay -- Night works, Day Doesn't; With this overlay -- Neither works)

Miller Park

Wrigley

I fixed Minute Maid by installing the new version

I fixed Dolphin Stadium by installing the new version

I fixed Fenway by installing Fenway Lite

Edit: I fixed Chase field by installing Chase Field Fix from EAmods.com

Using Kraw's fix, fixed Miller Park and Wrigley.

I downloaded Big O's Fenway lite and it works.

Chase park have seems to work fine both day and night (although i did download the latest updated version and that wasn't working)

looks like Miller and Wrigley are the only problems remaining

What resolution are you using, originally I was using 1024x768 and had a small overlap if the pitcher had pitched innings with 4 digits (xxx.x) with the last number overlapping with the W, a few player names overlapping and the overlap you've mentioned.

Now after I downloaded and used the reschanger to use 1280x800 (max allowed for my laptop) I don't have any of those issues, that's probably why KSM recommends 1280x1024. Hope it helps.

i'm using 1440x900.

but everything seems to work fine for me after fixing it. i haven't tried any of these other stadiums yet, so i'll give them a shot. but i've used it in oakland and seattle without any problems.

Here are the stadiums that I'm still can't use with this overlay:

Chase Field (With 07 overlay -- Night works, Day Doesn't; With this overlay -- Neither works)

Miller Park

Wrigley

I fixed Minute Maid by installing the new version

I fixed Dolphin Stadium by installing the new version

I fixed Fenway by installing Fenway Lite

Chase worked

Wrigley - no go

I'm trying a few things

got Wrigley working but not miller yet

OK got it working too

Here is what I did

pulled the dds images out of pitchslc.fsh

resized info.dds from 1280x256 to 1024x256 (I needed powers of 2)

converted the following DDS images from A8R8G8B8 to DXT3

stam.dds

ps03.dds

ps02.dds

ps01.dds

ps00.dds

sout.dds

scr2.dds

info.dds

Put the images back in pitchslc.fsh

BTW resizing and converting just info.dds was enough for Wrigley but not Miller

Archived