Dodger Stadium

plunger021

Since I installed your Dodger Stadiums rolie, I've noticed that when playing at other stadiums that the game will stutter mid pitch (while I'm pitching).

Thats probably because DS is optimized like crazy lol. Dude! I didn't touch any of the other stadiums!!!

No idea why it would cause the others to mess up like that, unless you got a ton of crap running in the background and DS is the only one that doesn't lag. Or maybe you downloaded some trojan/virus crap. Run ccleaner ad-aware defrag etc dude.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rolie, i installed your stadium, when i load the game, the music starts like the game is going to load, then it crashes, does this mean that my pc can't handle your amazing work on this stadium?

1. make sure you put the stadium datafiles in correct folder

2. you could try turning down AA to 2x in your video card settings

http://www.tweakguides.com/System.html

3. test it if it works

4. if that doesn't work, delete those two stadium datafiles you installed (dodgday.txt, dodgnite.txt)

5. backup your datafile.big

6. run the fix

np man enjoy. Hopefully it fixed all your crashing. There are prolly some things I can clean but we got long off seasons lol If I get a some time I may tweak some for 08. maybe get together with pirate and try to make em look fresher with the some of the new techniques found. Let's face it nobody makes decent games for PC anymore. You now what they say. If it ain't in the game... something like that lol

Hey Rolie, I love the new version, but there is one problem. My computer runs MVP very slowly already, and your Dodger Stadium is a very beefy file, so my computer lags a lot with it. Can you possibly tone it's size down a bit so that my computer doesn't lag quite so much when I play in Dodger Stadium? If not, I'll have to switch back to an older version, which isn't quite so cool :(

Thanks,

TS

Ive tried cutting things completely already with no improvements in lag. The main problem isn't the texture sizes.

It's the number of new polygons causing lag. The polygon count has skyrocketed. Ive tried cutting things out completely and the only real help was thinning out the 3d crowd. Iv'e already cut that down to 60 percent.

I could only suggest lowering the 3d crowd intensity in your game options down to low and/or turning your AA down to 2x. From my testing these seem to be the only options that would help you other then using an older version.

If lowering the 3dcrowd helps your situation lemme know. I could make a very cutdown version of 3d crowd for you without having to go into options all the time. I could cut maybe other things too. But lemme know. It shouldn't be too hard

I usually don't have anything running in the background when I'm playing MVP07. Also, I run an antivirus program every day so I know I haven't got anything that would be causing such a problem. It's really annoying, but it doesn't affect my pitching that much. And besides, I could just play all of my games at Dodger Stadium!

I'm amazed that people are having lag problems with rolie's stadium, since it plays like a totally different game on my system. On all the removable.o / full crowd parks I had been making, it slows down bigtime. On Rolie's, it flies along like i'm playing tony la russa baseball from 1993.

Wish I had more interest in modding, since zmod looks awesome.

Tell me this would be a fairly simple tweak for someone who knows nothing about modding stadiums.

I want to transplant the crowd from the old Dodger Stadium files to the new one. And, I want to transplant a field from one of the recently updated stadiums. Please tell me that would be a simple process. Thanks

Added one more chapter on setting up Zmod. My next step is making a video on making a basic animated home plate ad/frame that should cover most all tools and what you can in the program. There are a lot of steps so it's prolly gonna take the remainder of the playoffs to finish.

here's the latest updated chapter

http://files.filefront.com/masterpdf/;8698300;/fileinfo.html

Added one more chapter on setting up Zmod. My next step is making a video on making a basic animated home plate ad/frame that should cover most all tools and what you can in the program. There are a lot of steps so it's prolly gonna take the remainder of the playoffs to finish.

Many thanks. just looking to hit stadium modding during the winter .

• 2 weeks later...

Any update Rolie?

Thanks for your hard work on this.

Still making the videos. trying to find a good editor to add text overlays. I'm using camtasia to capture the screen footage. I think I'm gonna use either adobe premiere or vegas pro for that. Vegas seems more user friendly lol since Iv'e no experience in video editing.

short answer: by hex diting the mstadium/removable.o file.

long answer : You could duplicate the mstadium part to a removable.o part. Then hexedit the removable.o part to change the name the texture involved. Then create a new texture in cram32.fsh. Thats one way of doing it.

short answer: by hex diting the mstadium/removable.o file.

long answer : You could duplicate the mstadium part to a removable.o part. Then hexedit the removable.o part to change the name the texture involved. Then create a new texture in cram32.fsh. Thats one way of doing it.

So, say, when I click on a vertice and look at the properties in OEdit, nothing I do there can change the BMP it looks at? What about changing a moved vertices to have the correct lighting effect?

Archived