Capital City Baseball: A Sacramento Capitals Dynasty

NYM

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you think I should add presentation wise?

It looks good, maybe you should try putting a pic of the starting pitchers (not portrait picture, a MVP Baseball pic) above the visitor SP name and the home one above the team name, in this case put Pettite pic above his name and a Wakefield pic above the "Capitals" text

I don't mind doing dynasties. It's just that if no one is going to ackowledge them, I find it pointless.

You need to realize that more than half the people who do follow dynasties just don't post. You cannot expect people to be commenting every time you post an update. One good indication of how good your dynasty is to look at the number of views you get and compare that to other dynasties that may have started around the same time. Don't get discouraged just because no one is commenting, its just that there plenty of silent viewers.

Also, one thing I have noticed is to try your best to finish what you have started. You will lose a group of audience if you have them interested about a dynasty and then decide that you are going to discontinue with this because you don't have more people following it. And the next time you start a dynasty, people are not going to take that much notice because they cannot be sure if you are going to finish a dynasty or just give up at some point. Of course there are situations where you may have to stop updating - an un-fixable crash, real-life commitments, or may be you just got bored of doing this.

But I would strongly encourage you NOT to quit this dynasty as this is something quite unique and people will follow along. Pay less attention to the number of posts and pay more attention to the views that you have received. The way I see it, even if its just one person who is constantly posting in your dynasty thread, you should stick with this and continue along.

Just a mere suggestion. Take care.

Well I acidently simmed over game 4 of the seattle series, because I thought it was only a three game series.

Capitals won 6-0.

After playing with this team, it is incredible challenging to score runs. I've only hit one HR with Miles, and seem to only score two to three runs a game.

Pitching has been decent though.

Wow, I just finished a heartbreaker against the Twins in game 3. I'll post some updates tomorrow.

I must say, my pitching has been very good for me. Offense is really struggling at times though. I'm hoping someone in the minors steps it up or maybe towards the all-star break I'll try and pick up someone decent.

Also for the new layouts for postgame and pre-series, I was making the color scheme the color of the home team, but I thought it would make more sense to just make everything black and gold.

Archived